Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 05-24-2014   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2015 Texans Draft Needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Well we just had a draft with five CBs going in the first round. Two of them (Fuller and Verrett) I would have no problem throwing into the starting lineup immediately.

Gilbert and Roby need some coaching up but will probably have to start as rookies for their teams.

Dennard will likely get the benefit of sitting on the bench until he adjusts to the faster speed of the NFL game.
Yep but if we have a greater need than CB we may have to go second day. I hope 2015 is as deep for our need positions as 2014 as.
Old 09-02-2014   #22
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok it's been 3+ months since the last post here and TC is now complete. With the regular season about to begin has your opinion of 2015 draft needs changed? The really big question is either Mallett or Savage our QB of the future, or is QB still our biggest need in 2015? Also do either Mallett and/or Savage get enough starts in the season to truly evaluate them as possible QB of the future? After QB I think CB has to be our biggest need because I think JJo will be gone next season unless he restructures for a lower contract and I can also see Myers gone after this season as well, possibly Foster and AJ also though I admit that I'm not sure about the money situation on these guys.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

For now I am thinking Savage is the future just not sure when. Today I spent 2 hours researching and am considering moving QB off my board. I have Texans at about 8-10 and I think Winston and Mariotta will be gone, Hundley has not done anything for me and Bryce has to come on strong with broken bones in back...? IMO, Savage and Mallett bring as much as any QB after these four at least today.

Oboye and Hal with the new CB we picked up on waivers from SF may allow me to move corner down from top 3. Still considering safety in second or third.

Ok here it comes, I am a fan of a healthy Newton but was willing to take a tackle first round in 2014 and just might go there in 2015. I don't see this draft as deep in what we need as the last one.
Old 09-03-2014   #24
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 8368 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

FS is a big need
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Ok it's been 3+ months since the last post here and TC is now complete. With the regular season about to begin has your opinion of 2015 draft needs changed? The really big question is either Mallett or Savage our QB of the future, or is QB still our biggest need in 2015? Also do either Mallett and/or Savage get enough starts in the season to truly evaluate them as possible QB of the future? After QB I think CB has to be our biggest need because I think JJo will be gone next season unless he restructures for a lower contract and I can also see Myers gone after this season as well, possibly Foster and AJ also though I admit that I'm not sure about the money situation on these guys.
If Mallett/Savage are the future then I would say FS is need #1. Followed by CB and RT. They could also use a blazer at WR.

I haven't looked at next yrs draft other than glancing at the 2015 QB crop. But I would go BPA at any of those positions. I think that fixing the secondary and OL are doable in the draft if the QB spot has been fixed.

The defense would be awesome and the QB would be protected and that's a great foundation for a playoff team. I expect 1-2 of these holes to be filled in FA.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014   #26
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
FS is a big need
Has there been any leak out of Kirby what Falcons were offering for #1 pick? Clowney is as advertised just would like to play with a new deck to fill holes rather than one key cog. since Texans are quickly becoming Patriot South maybe we should be ready for trade backs & acquiring value picks? After Clowney, had Texans going FS, tackle, CB. Coveted Earl Thomas when he came out & last year Deone Bucannon. This is off the wall pick but Landon Collins, Alabama looks like a FS who could step right in & start for this team next to Swearinger. Dependent on Texans re-signing Kareem if not then CB jumps to top of my board. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu is a terrific corner out of Oregon. He did limp off field in first game but looked like he just rolled his ankle. Secondary has to bolstered early one way or another.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014   #27
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Landon Collins is definitely the guy to watch at Safety this year. He has the potential to be a starting FS in the NFL, but I need to see more from him in coverage. Right now he's a SS as far as I'm concerned.

One guy to watch is Kurtis Drummond from Michigan State. He's getting a lot of hype right now, but I do think he might be slightly overrated. I'm also hesitant of MSU defensive players because they tend to be more productive in college than the NFL. Dantonio and Narduzzi do a great job of adjusting their defense every year and hiding their players weaknesses and showcasing their strengths.

A sleeper to watch is Detrick Bonner at Virginia Tech. I'm very curious to see how he performs this year. Also curious to see how Jermaine Whitehead at Auburn performs.

I do think this is a down year for the Safety position.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2014   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

I have to quit getting interested in kids, first it was WR Green- Beckham then CB Josh Shaw
(sigh). Eric Murray corner for Minnesota 6' 194 4.53 10 passes broken up and FS Cody Prewitt Ole Miss 6'2 212 should have good seasons. If I knew Newton would improve at least a little I could go OT in 4th but for now looking at Stanford's Andrus Peat 6'7" 312 in first.
Old 09-04-2014   #29
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If Mallett/Savage are the future then I would say FS is need #1. Followed by CB and RT. They could also use a blazer at WR.

I haven't looked at next yrs draft other than glancing at the 2015 QB crop. But I would go BPA at any of those positions. I think that fixing the secondary and OL are doable in the draft if the QB spot has been fixed.

The defense would be awesome and the QB would be protected and that's a great foundation for a playoff team. I expect 1-2 of these holes to be filled in FA.
I agree with most of this sentiment. IF, yes it's a huge IF, Mallett/Savage is our QB of the future then I would say CB is our #1 need followed by FS and some quality O-line depth. I say CB because of JJo cost, age, and injuries, and because of KJ FA status next year. Also quality CB's are expensive, I want to draft them and keep them on a rookie contract as long as possible not pay for them in FA. A good FS would help our CB's and secondary as a whole significantly, and 2 OT's that can also play OG as well to add quality depth because I think we're thin on the O-line and I see Jones taking over for Myers next year. A good developmental WR, and a mid-late round RB with developmental potential as well would fill a couple more holes. Right now my priority list looks like this:

IF Mallett/Savage is the QB of the future.
1. CB
2. FS
3. OT
4. OT/OG
5. WR
6. RB
7. BPA
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014   #30
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I have to quit getting interested in kids, first it was WR Green- Beckham then CB Josh Shaw
(sigh). Eric Murray corner for Minnesota 6' 194 4.53 10 passes broken up and FS Cody Prewitt Ole Miss 6'2 212 should have good seasons. If I knew Newton would improve at least a little I could go OT in 4th but for now looking at Stanford's Andrus Peat 6'7" 312 in first.
I think Peat ends up pushing past Ogbuehi and being the 1st OT drafted. OT should be loaded in the 1st round though and I wouldn't be upset if we grabbed one. Peat, Ogbuehi, and Scherff are probably locks to end up being top 20 picks. Wouldn't be surprised if Cameron Erving and Corey Robinson jumped up there either.

Two sleepers to keep an eye on are John Theus and D.J. Humphries.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 09-04-2014   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree with most of this sentiment. IF, yes it's a huge IF, Mallett/Savage is our QB of the future then I would say CB is our #1 need followed by FS and some quality O-line depth. I say CB because of JJo cost, age, and injuries, and because of KJ FA status next year. Also quality CB's are expensive, I want to draft them and keep them on a rookie contract as long as possible not pay for them in FA. A good FS would help our CB's and secondary as a whole significantly, and 2 OT's that can also play OG as well to add quality depth because I think we're thin on the O-line and I see Jones taking over for Myers next year. A good developmental WR, and a mid-late round RB with developmental potential as well would fill a couple more holes. Right now my priority list looks like this:

IF Mallett/Savage is the QB of the future.
1. CB
2. FS
3. OT
4. OT/OG
5. WR
6. RB
7. BPA
Agreed, I get what you're saying. A great CB trumps a great S.

I hope that Smith takes the best secondary player available. I can only imagine what an Earl Thomas/Eric Berry would do for this secondary. The Texans saftey play has been so bad since their inception that Texans fans don't have a clue what kind of impact a great young safety would have on this defense.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014   #32
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Top players to keep an eye on at key positions:

QB
Marcus Mariota, Oregon - I'm not as high on him as most. I think he's very comparable to RGIII
Connor Cook, Michigan St - Underrated at this point. Michigan St has quietly put three QBs in a row in the NFL (Stanton, Hoyer, Cousins). Cook will be the best one.
Bryce Petty, Baylor - Product of his system, but probably the best pro prospect to come out of the Air Raid offense.
Jameis Winston, Florida St - I've made my opinion known. Overrated as a pro prospect.
Kevin Hogan, Stanford - Love the system he comes from but he has significant mechanical flaws.
Brett Hundley, UCLA - Very overrated. Good college player. Not a pro QB.

RB
Todd Gurley, Georgia - Stud. RBs aren't often locks for the first round anymore but he is.
Mike Davis, South Carolina - Great player flying under the radar.
Jay Ajayi, Boise St - Another guy who doesn't get respect but will be a great pro.
Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin - Great college back but won't be a great pro.
T.J. Yeldon, Alabama - Trent Richardson alert. Just sayin. Not even the best back on his team.

Slot WR
Rashad Greene, Florida St - The most valuable player on Florida St's offense.
Nelson Agholor, USC - There are better outside WRs in this class (Strong, Cooper, Green-Beckham) but Agholor would be a stud in the slot in O'Brien's offense.

OT
Andrus Peat, Stanford - In my book he's a lock for the top 3.
Brandon Scherff, Iowa - I think he's a RT only but that's what we need.
Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M - Not as good as the last two A&M guys. Their work is helping his reputation.
Cameron Erving, Florida St - Decent player but not in the same league as the top three.
La'el Collins, LSU - RT only
Corey Robinson, South Carolina - RT only

OG
A.J. Cann, South Carolina - Doesn't get the recognition Robinson does but he's the better player.
Aundrey Walker, USC - Converted tackle who moves well.
Laken Tomlinson, Duke - Under the radar because of where he plays.

DE
Leonard Williams, USC - Future #1 pick. Fits as a 34 end but I think he'd be better as a penetrating 43 tackle.
Mario Edwards, Florida St - Dominating 34 end.

NT
Carl Davis, Iowa - Maybe the best player in a conference that boasts a lot of top talent in this class.
Ellis McCarthy, UCLA - Traditional 34 nose.

OLB
Randy Gregory, Nebraska - Slightly overrated right now but definitely a first round player.
Lorenzo Mauldin, Louisville - Pretty much no hype right now but productive and flashes on tape.
Noah Spence, Ohio St - All potential right now but athletic freak.

CB
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon - Would've been the #2 corner in last year's class. The clear #1 this year.
P.J. Williams, Florida St - Freak athlete but very raw.
Trae Waynes, Michigan St - Looks great on film but not tested too often.
Lorenzo Doss, Tulane - Small school but tremendously productive.
Charles Gaines, Louisville - Another stud defensive player from Louisville.

FS
Cody Prewitt, Mississippi - Does everything for his defense.
Anthony Harris, Virginia - Underrated. May end up in the first round.
Kurtis Drummond, Michigan St - Looks great but has been protected by NFL talent in the secondary.
Landon Collins, Alabama - SS all the way. Do not want.
Durrell Eskridge, Syracuse - Great player on a bad team.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014   #33
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have to quit getting interested in kids
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Top players to keep an eye on at key positions:

QB
Marcus Mariota, Oregon - I'm not as high on him as most. I think he's very comparable to RGIII
Connor Cook, Michigan St - Underrated at this point. Michigan St has quietly put three QBs in a row in the NFL (Stanton, Hoyer, Cousins). Cook will be the best one.
Bryce Petty, Baylor - Product of his system, but probably the best pro prospect to come out of the Air Raid offense.
Jameis Winston, Florida St - I've made my opinion known. Overrated as a pro prospect.
Kevin Hogan, Stanford - Love the system he comes from but he has significant mechanical flaws.
Brett Hundley, UCLA - Very overrated. Good college player. Not a pro QB.

RB
Todd Gurley, Georgia - Stud. RBs aren't often locks for the first round anymore but he is.
Mike Davis, South Carolina - Great player flying under the radar.
Jay Ajayi, Boise St - Another guy who doesn't get respect but will be a great pro.
Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin - Great college back but won't be a great pro.
T.J. Yeldon, Alabama - Trent Richardson alert. Just sayin. Not even the best back on his team.

Slot WR
Rashad Greene, Florida St - The most valuable player on Florida St's offense.
Nelson Agholor, USC - There are better outside WRs in this class (Strong, Cooper, Green-Beckham) but Agholor would be a stud in the slot in O'Brien's offense.

OT
Andrus Peat, Stanford - In my book he's a lock for the top 3.
Brandon Scherff, Iowa - I think he's a RT only but that's what we need.
Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M - Not as good as the last two A&M guys. Their work is helping his reputation.
Cameron Erving, Florida St - Decent player but not in the same league as the top three.
La'el Collins, LSU - RT only
Corey Robinson, South Carolina - RT only

OG
A.J. Cann, South Carolina - Doesn't get the recognition Robinson does but he's the better player.
Aundrey Walker, USC - Converted tackle who moves well.
Laken Tomlinson, Duke - Under the radar because of where he plays.

DE
Leonard Williams, USC - Future #1 pick. Fits as a 34 end but I think he'd be better as a penetrating 43 tackle.
Mario Edwards, Florida St - Dominating 34 end.

NT
Carl Davis, Iowa - Maybe the best player in a conference that boasts a lot of top talent in this class.
Ellis McCarthy, UCLA - Traditional 34 nose.

OLB
Randy Gregory, Nebraska - Slightly overrated right now but definitely a first round player.
Lorenzo Mauldin, Louisville - Pretty much no hype right now but productive and flashes on tape.
Noah Spence, Ohio St - All potential right now but athletic freak.

CB
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon - Would've been the #2 corner in last year's class. The clear #1 this year.
P.J. Williams, Florida St - Freak athlete but very raw.
Trae Waynes, Michigan St - Looks great on film but not tested too often.
Lorenzo Doss, Tulane - Small school but tremendously productive.
Charles Gaines, Louisville - Another stud defensive player from Louisville.

FS
Cody Prewitt, Mississippi - Does everything for his defense.
Anthony Harris, Virginia - Underrated. May end up in the first round.
Kurtis Drummond, Michigan St - Looks great but has been protected by NFL talent in the secondary.
Landon Collins, Alabama - SS all the way. Do not want.
Durrell Eskridge, Syracuse - Great player on a bad team.
I think your ratings on QBs will encourage OBrien to go with what he now has in 2015 because he will have a few wins by then & can say he is going in right direction. Draftscout has us picking #4 and either Winston or Mariota. If we have positives with Mallett or Savage I could wish for a trade down as I don't think a Clowney type at a need position will be there @ pick 8 (mine).

What is your eval on a kid from Minnesota Eric Murray DB 6'1 194 4.53 10 breakups last season? I think he will bullet as season continues barring injury. I have him as a fourth due to anonymity now.

Anyone have any thoughts on what comp picks for 2015 we will have now some time has gone by?
Old 09-05-2014   #35
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

As of now , and in no particular order .... QB , RT , DE , CB , FS , RB.

No clue how these QB's turn out , this is an experimental season , see if one of these late rounders pays dividends , if not find one early next draft.

RT - Derek Newton , cant believe he's still the starting RT.

DE - Nothing behind Watt.

CB - Lower priority for now , I think they keep KJ and JJo has one more year on his deal tho I believe his guaranteed $$ has been paid , cutting him wouldn't hurt the cap .... but replacing him might be difficult.

FS - Manning's back .... on a one year deal. I still get pissed off thinking about McNair signing Ed Reed instead of Glover Quin. Took dam near a decade to address the position before Quin , hope Rick & co don't wait that long to get a premium talent there again.

RB - Could become a priority position if Foster doesn't return to form. Will be a bitter pill going from Foster & Tate to .... hot garbage. Didn't see enough of Alfred Blue and not sold on Grimes.

They could also use a special special teams player , KR / PR that is a threat to burn the opponents with big returns.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014   #36
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think your ratings on QBs will encourage OBrien to go with what he now has in 2015 because he will have a few wins by then & can say he is going in right direction. Draftscout has us picking #4 and either Winston or Mariota. If we have positives with Mallett or Savage I could wish for a trade down as I don't think a Clowney type at a need position will be there @ pick 8 (mine).

What is your eval on a kid from Minnesota Eric Murray DB 6'1 194 4.53 10 breakups last season? I think he will bullet as season continues barring injury. I have him as a fourth due to anonymity now.

Anyone have any thoughts on what comp picks for 2015 we will have now some time has gone by?
I think he's a very solid corner. Good in man coverage. I like him. Honestly haven't watched enough of him to say more than that.
Old 09-06-2014   #37
bah007
Hall of Fame

Hogan absolutely bombed against USC today. Stats looked decent at the end of the game but Stanford was in the red zone five times and scored only 10 points. He also had two bad fumbles, one of which ended the game when they were in field goal position to send it to overtime.
Old 09-06-2014   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Hogan absolutely bombed against USC today. Stats looked decent at the end of the game but Stanford was in the red zone five times and scored only 10 points. He also had two bad fumbles, one of which ended the game when they were in field goal position to send it to overtime.
I was unable to watch, how did OT Andrus Peat look?
Old 09-07-2014   #39
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was unable to watch, how did OT Andrus Peat look?
Looked great the entire game until the end. Gave up a sack to Leonard Williams the play before Hogan fumbled the game away. He did get beat on the play but I honestly think I want to put it on Hogan more than Peat. Hogan has absolutely no idea what to do when things don't go exactly as planned. He seems incapable of making quick decisions under pressure.

Williams was in and out of the game with an injury but it was an awesome matchup between the two of them. I think Williams, Peat, and Mariota will be the top three picks in the draft.
Old 09-07-2014   #40
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Looked great the entire game until the end. Gave up a sack to Leonard Williams the play before Hogan fumbled the game away. He did get beat on the play but I honestly think I want to put it on Hogan more than Peat. Hogan has absolutely no idea what to do when things don't go exactly as planned. He seems incapable of making quick decisions under pressure.

Williams was in and out of the game with an injury but it was an awesome matchup between the two of them. I think Williams, Peat, and Mariota will be the top three picks in the draft.
Yea Hogan really struggles when things go off script. Physically he looks like everything you want in a QB but there are major flaws in his game. That Tebow like windup is a big one. On that final play he was trying to get rid of the ball and it took him almost 2 whole seconds to get it out. Of course he couldn't do it fast enough, got sacked and fumbled, and that was the game.

I was very high on Hogan when he burst on the scene as a freshman but he has not progressed at all over the last 2 years and I'm starting to like him less and less every time I see him.

- The Immortal Bo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read