Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-21-2005   #1
TommyS
Veteran

Default Javon Walker

okay, i hate to get into the whole imaginary trades thing,

BUT

walker's holding out by the looks of things, lots of people have commented that a better #2 wideout wouldn't hurt, rosenhaus is mumbling about a trade...

anyone think it might be worth a shot?
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

nope.. not only would we have to pay too much for him.. but I wouldnt want a rosenhaus player anyway.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Two words: Salary Cap!

If you like Andre and Dunta, Carr and everyone else, you have to factor in the salary cap. This isn't the 2002 season where we are free to grab anyone at will.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah that dude gets all his players to hold out seems like. If Walker holds out with a team like the Packers no telling what he would be like with us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Not happening
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #6
TommyS
Veteran

well, you all shut me up in a hurry. fair enough.
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #7
fball
Rookie

I think we already have a rosenhaus player, (Phillip Buchannon)!
fball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-21-2005   #8
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

I hate Drew, all hes known for is holding out players. I hope none of the holdouts get signed, or traded.. I want them to be stuck with no football for a year.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #9
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I'd like to see Walker hold-out.

With Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson and Terrence Murphy, I don't think they'd miss him as much as he and his agent think they would.

Kinda like when several MLB umpires tendered their resignations thinking they'd be given pay raises to come back. MLB simply let 'em walk.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #10
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Former Green Bay Packers CB Mike McKenzie (another Rosenhaus client) went thru this same stuff last season with the Packers, and he was traded away to the Saints at the beginning of the season. The reason it took them soo long to get rid of McKenzie is because Mike Sherman actually thought he was gonna get a first round pick for McKenzie, which he didn't, and he'll probably again want a first in return in a trade for Walker, which I doubt he'll get I wonder if it will be de-ja-vu from last year all over again for the Packers this season
Old 07-22-2005   #11
Elite
Veteran

i doubt green bay would be dum enough to trade javon he's a stud in the making.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005   #12
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCt3rJ
I hate Drew, all hes known for is holding out players. I hope none of the holdouts get signed, or traded.. I want them to be stuck with no football for a year.
i know i will get ripped for sticking up for drew but you make it sound like he has been doing this every year and like he is the only agent to ever tell a player to holdout, maybe that is all you know him for. yes when he first got into the agent business he thought holding out was the way to get things done but after what happened to randall hill he said that a holdout was the last thing he would do. this year seems to be the first that he has had a very high profile holdout. i think that people forget that he works for the players and it is ultimatly the players decision on whether or not he holds out. of course he is in their ear telling them they should be making more money. its a business and you have to make what you can when you can. i am not saying that i like to guy but i respect him, not agent works harder than him and he must be doing something right because he represent the most players in the nfl. after reading his book i can tell you that he loves all of the publicity he is getting even though it isn't very good, he loves to be hated.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read