Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which QB do you want starting this 2014 season?
Fitzpatrick 30 33.33%
Savage 20 22.22%
Keenum 33 36.67%
Yates 7 7.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2014   #1
CorpusTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 CorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who do you want at QB for the 2014 - 15 season?

Ya I like Keenum, it's not like he wasn't thrown into a broken team or anything. The play calling was obvious, the right side of the O line was horrendous, Foster was out and Tate was playing with broken ribs Special teams was a joke. Also Randy Bullock was complete crap and missed how many important field goals? The defense couldn't hold a lead.. Have you actually gone and and evaluated each game? Compare Keenum to other elite QB's first years stats wise. The team was in the hole before CK even got thrown into the mess.

Here's a look at some Household name QB's in their starting year

Peyton Manning = 3-13, Drew Brees 2nd Year = 2-9, Eli Manning = 1-6, Troy Aikman = 0-11, Joe Montana = 2-6 first 2 seasons

One more chance with a Healthy and buffed roster and I think we can make a true assessment.
CorpusTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who do you want at QB for the 2014 - 15 season?

Let's wait and see what BoB thinks of him during training camps.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #3
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is the Mallett option?

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I'm with Thorn.

This is a little too early to call for me. I want to see how quickly everyone picks up this offense. I want this to be a true competition and let the best man win and I don't care who that best man is.

If it's Fitzpatrick, I'll be OK with that. He's had issues in the past and he's a journeyman but if our defense is stout enough, we could win with him.

If it's Keenum, I'll be pretty psyched. I'm a UH grad and it would be awesome for the hometown boy to rise to the occasion.

If it's Yates, I'd be OK with that. I really liked the moxy and desire he showed when we limped into the playoffs with him.

If it's Savage, I'd be worried but also, I'd be OK. In the past, rookie QBs were always horrible no matter how well they developed and since that's what I grew up with, I always expect a rookie QB to be crap. So. I'd give up hope of a winning season and hope for the best. OTOH, rookie QBs have started to do remarkably well since Roethlisberger went 15-1. Maybe OB can work some magic with this kid, too. I'd be scared going into that first game, though.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i've said all along that keenum wouldnt be ready until this season, so i've gotta stick with that route. if he gets significant first team time during camp i think we could see the same growth from last year to this year as we did between the previous. there were numerous moments last year when i couldnt help but smile and say "schaub could never do that" ... and i'm a schaub homer. keenums flaws as we saw last season aren't physical or mechanical or instinctual, they're coachable. his entire issue is read and location - movement and delivery arent even concerns.

therefor my vote goes to keenum. i dont know that he will start, that job would most likely go to fitzmagic, but i would personally want to see if keenum has grown like i expect him to.
Old 05-16-2014   #6
xtruroyaltyx
All Pro

Rep Power: 43188 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum.
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #7
CorpusTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 CorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll back up any QB that gets picked I will add. I just want him to get that chance and if he earns it then all the better. I even stated last year that I couldn't make a true judgement on him just because of the circumstance. I just see something in him for some reason. I have no negative feelings towards any of the QB's we're working with especially if the team fixes the holes aside from the obvious QB position. They've done a good job so far doing just that.
CorpusTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-16-2014   #8
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I know Im in the minority here - but I want Savage. I know he is not ready. And I know he will make mistakes. But I want to know what we have in him. The question is, if we are going to take a QB early in the draft next season - we need to know what Savage can do to make that decision.

Of course it goes without saying, that I want an open QB battle in camp and I want the winner to actually start the season. I don`t want to give the job to any guy. But I really hope we get a good look at Savage sometime this season - this would also mean, that he looks good in practice.

But Ill root for any guy that starts for us.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

c'mon guys, dont take the high road ... who do you really WANT to start and why?
Old 05-16-2014   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
c'mon guys, dont take the high road ... who do you really WANT to start and why?
I want Keenum to start and take us to the promised land!!!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #11
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Going with the Fitz option simply because I think he could be our Trent Dilfer if the defense shines this year.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #12
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Savage. I want him to succeed so we can get The Blindside 2: Tom Savage made into a movie and Nic Cage can star.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

T. J. Yates.
because no one else will vote for him.
and I like underdogs. Why else stay a Texan fan?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #14
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I want Keenum to start and take us to the promised land!!!!!
lol there ya go!!
Old 05-16-2014   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
T. J. Yates.
because no one else will vote for him.
and I like underdogs. Why else stay a Texan fan?
Then, how 'bout you giving me a chance to start?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Then, how 'bout you giving me a chance to start?
I dunno... maybe... your Wunderlich score was probably really high and O'Brien likes smart players... I think your awareness is pretty good - I've seen you when the beer pitcher level gets low.
But I don't remember you being 6'-4" or better and O'Brien seems to like tallness in his QBs... but then Case isn't that tall...
hmmm.... can you throw the deep out with some zip?

I can't believe I spent my 12,000th post this way

Old 05-16-2014   #17
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Fitzpatrick to start and Savage to take over mid to late season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #18
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Rodgers
Old 05-16-2014   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Aaron Rodgers
NOT one of the choices
Old 05-16-2014   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care if the Texans can trade the farm to accumulate picks for next year.
There will be at least two franchise QBS coming out next year: Mariota and Winston.
You only need to watch their relative debut to know that these guys have it.

You won't hear me complaining if the Texans can get them no matter if I like Keenum or not.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read