Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Thumbs up or down on Alfred Blue at 6.181
Up 28 82.35%
Down 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2014   #1
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Selection 6.181: Alfred Blue RB

leaves me blue
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #2
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alfred Blue, RB, LSU

You're my boy Blue!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't say I know a lot about him. I am a little surprised that we did not go ILB or DB. Seems like a decent pick though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #4
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71256 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually like Blue...SOlid down hill runner...Catches the ball well...Gan get tough yardage and can knock out some big gains if he gets space...

He's just a solid grind it out player.

He was a fan favorite at LSU.

There isn't a pick so far we've made that I don't like including this one. Not the greatest measurables, but I like how he plays football.

JMO.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Not who I expected or who I would have picked.

I'm withholding judgment.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting on these threads quick

Btw, john mcclain going absolutely crazy right now on twitter. Calling him alfred boo and saying rick smith should be fired for passing on Seatrunk.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The third - down bruiser with some speed when healthy.
He's gonna finish runs for ya'
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-10-2014   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

McStupid should be ignored. As far as 6th round picks go, this guy is just fine.

Edit - the McStupid thing was meant about McClain. Since everyone is so damn defensive around here lately, I just though I'd say that before I started another flaming war.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, wow. I misread something.

I thought this guy was a LOT smaller than this. He's a hoss.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
McStupid should be ignored. As far as 6th round picks go, this guy is just fine.
Its pretty damn funny though. Meltdown is fun to watch.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #11
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 44510 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Getting on these threads quick

Btw, john mcclain going absolutely crazy right now on twitter. Calling him alfred boo and saying rick smith should be fired for passing on Seatrunk.
Size matters to OB. 6'3" beat out 5'9".

Or was that 9 5/8 beating out 9 1/4 ?

Rules 1 through 10 for running backs.

DON'T DROP THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Size matters to OB. 6'3" beat out 5'9".
Well, that confirms it. We all knew sized mattered a long time ago.

Old 05-10-2014   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Dan Shonka's scouting report...
Quote:
Played in 40 games with seven starts in four years. Played in a three back rotation including Jeremy Hill this past year. Carried the load in the first game of 2013 versus TCU when Hill was suspended. He rushed for 89 yards on 19 carries. A big downhill I-formation back who runs with power and strength. Hits the whole hard and drives his legs. A developing prospect with size and draftable qualities.

Last edited by Playoffs; 05-11-2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Pick Analysis: "Blue is described as a very good receiver coming out of the backfield." -- Gil Brandt
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracke...team-input:hou

Old 05-10-2014   #15
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder which of the three RB profiles Blue was drafted for?

I don't like drafting RBs as a principle.

Nothing against this guy though seems talented and to be a system fit.
Old 05-10-2014   #16
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew nothing about him before the pick. I like what I'm reading about him though. Solid downhill runner that catches the ball out of the backfield, he's built like Adrian Peterson & he doesn't fumble the football. He has had injury concerns and was never the main back at LSU, but for a 6th rounder: I like the pick.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

That's funny since he only caught 5 passes this past year... 16 in his career
Old 05-10-2014   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Hey, I just quote the information. LOL

I watched some highlights of him on ytube, and he looks nice in his films. But I don't seem to remember any highlights of him catching a pass now that I think about it.

Old 05-10-2014   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Blue caught the ball well at his pro day. Which we now know is what's most important.
Old 05-10-2014   #20
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Can he return kicks?
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read