Thumbs up or down on C.J. Fiedorowicz at 3.65

• Up

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Down

Votes: 20 20.6%

• Total voters

rmartin65

Phil Kessel: Nice Guy. Tries Hard.
Awesome. I love this pick. This has been a great, great draft for the Texans so far.

honored82

Waterboy
Not happy. We have another needs that are important and with 3 TE's already on roster why go for this one soo early :(

BOB is in love with TE's i guess

mattieuk

All Pro
Know nothing about this guy, so I can't comment.

Typing surnames on TexansTalk and drinking a beer during the game just got a ton harder with he 2nd and 3rd rounds though....

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Good player , but I'd have gone a different direction - RT , DT , DE , CB , QB are all more pressing needs than TE.

This was a luxury pick I don't think they could afford to make.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
Not happy. We have another needs that are important and with 3 TE's already on roster why go for this one soo early :(

He was the OC at NE when they drafted Gronk and Hernandez in the same draft. So. Yeah. Maybe even more so than Kubiak.

bckey

All Pro
First pick that I am not all that crazy about. Seems like there was better value at other positions.

Considering he was the one that drafted Gronk and Hernandez ( before he got his degree in thug-a-nomics)

TEs are a huge part of OB's offense

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Grade C-. We still need a RT worse, and better take a QB before there's nobody left. BoB seems to be enamored with size.

Veteran
We have Griffin and Graham, who we just paid. This seems like a luxury pick. I'm not too pleased with this one.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Considering he was the one that drafted Gronk and Hernandez ( before he got his degree in thug-a-nomics)

TEs are a huge part of OB's offense
OB didn't draft those guys. That would be Patriots GM & Head Coach Bill Belicheat.

OB didn't draft Mallett either .... you guy's give him far too much credit responsibility for his time in New England.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Pats brought him in pre-draft. Kinda makes me wonder if he is going to be part of a Mallett deal except that I expected BoB to get a TE with a bigger footprint

bah007

Hall of Fame
If you gave this pick a thumbs down you have never seen Fiedorowicz play. Fantastic pick. One of my favorite players in this draft.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member

Good player , but I'd have gone a different direction - RT , DT , DE , CB , QB are all more pressing needs than TE.

This was a luxury pick I don't think they could afford to make.
No, the Texans did not have an inline TE. This guy's a starter in a 2 TE lineup. And do we know for sure that X won't be tried at RT?

Scooter

Funky
heath miller. complete player and someone who can do everything at a high level. not going to be confused with jimmy graham, but will be a huge impact in the run game and play action.

fiasco west

All Pro
I'm really loving the first BOB draft on paper.

Looks like for the first time in a long time we are going to be a big and intimidating team.

LikeMike

Veteran
Well, we've just further improved our running game (I sense a trend here) and got a legitimate redone threat. And the guy he is most compared to is Gronk (who was a 3d rounder if I'm correct) - plus he actually seems to be a team first guy and a hard worker. Tall, big hands, good body control, what's not to like?

gtexan02

Working?
From the Boston Herald today:
http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/05/iowas_cj_fiedorowicz_good_insurance_for_gronk

If the Patriots are looking for Rob Gronkowski insurance, or better yet, a durable version of Gronk, there’s one lurking in the draft.

Iowa’s C.J. Fiedorowicz just might be the closest to a Gronk clone in terms of being a dual-threat tight end.

First, he’s arguably the best blocking tight end in the draft. He also has great hands and can catch the football.

The fact he fits in the Gronk mold should come as no surprise. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound Fiedorowicz modeled his game after the Patriots tight end.

“A lot of tight ends in the NFL are either blocking tight ends or receiving tight ends. I like watching Rob Gronkowski, someone I look up to,” Fiedorowicz said during the scouting combine. “He can dominate both the line of scrimmage and down the field. That’s who I kind of want to be like.”

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Not really what I was looking for but if FIDO can get the Pats 2 TE offense going i guess we'll be going that way.

I valued any defensive lineman

Any ILB

Any DB

Any Qb

more then a goddamned TE. But I guess whatever. This is the pick i'll look back on in 2-3 years and say I was wrong or right.

bOODRO87

Time Consumer
If you gave this pick a thumbs down you have never seen Fiedorowicz play. Fantastic pick. One of my favorite players in this draft.
Agreed. This is looking like a great draft so far. Three players that can immediately play.

Drink the FKN Kool-aid! :koolaid:

NathanT27

Practice Squad
After watching Fiedorowicz video I can say what an AWESOME pick! We are going for size and Gron II will be great. So far I give this draft an A+.

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
Agreed. I like the pick. My only thought is what about Ryan Griffin? Are we not expecting him to improve? Or is this good insurance in case Garrett Graham gets hurt? I suppose we'll be pretty good in double tight end formations regardless. I think Fiedorowicz is a sexy pick on the surface aka nice eye candy.

I just hope he reaches his potential and doesn't become another David LaFleur, similar size and talent coming out of college, aka former first-round pick in 1997 for the Dallas Cowboys. Really awesome and big 6'7 and 272 pass-catching tight end that was supposed to become a really solid pro. He was out of the league by 2000. Became a big bust instead.

Watching the highlights of C.J. Fiedorowicz that is who he reminds me of. Hopefully he has a much better career in the NFL like I said. He's a third-round pick so the expectations aren't the same as a first rounder. Less pressure.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
So far 3 picks, and 3 new legit starters. great draft so far.

These Mallet rumors are heating up. Not sure I like that, but will ride it out with BOB I guess.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I gave the pick a thumbs down - Not because I don't like the player. I do like him and think he'll be a quality NFL TE.

I just look at the roster and think there were better options on the board.

(Louis Nix , Rice CB Phillip Gaines , Morgan Moses , Antonio Richardson)

It seems like a luxury pick ....

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
He's easily the starting TE on the Team.

Don't have to settle for Grahm or Griffin as starters. CJ is a legit starter.

IMO 3 starters with three picks = a great draft so far. And these aren't just guys. I think all three picks can be reaaaaaallllly good players.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
He is getting compared to Gronk but I think he is a bit more like Heath Miller from the Steelers.

Bulls on Parade

He is getting compared to Gronk but I think he is a bit more like Heath Miller from the Steelers.
He's definitely not Gronk. LOL. More like David LaFleur if you remember him. He can become a pro bowler tight end in the NFL if he lives up to his potential and stays healthy. I'm knocking on wood here.

Bulls on Parade

Because NE took Garappolo ( BOB's choice ), Texans took TE Fiedorowicz ( Belichicks choice )

Payback *itch!
C.J. Fiedorowicz is a big body target with excellent hands. If he wants to be he can become one of the best tight ends in the AFC, if not the entire league, in a couple of years. It all depends on what his work ethic is like. The raw talent is undeniable. He can also block pretty good from what I'm seeing on game tape at the moment.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I didn't think Gronk and CJ were similar either, but there actually are. Same size, same speed, same athleticism, both good blockers and pass catchers. Hopefully he becomes as good a pro as Gronk minus the injuries....

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Maybe he'll be good, but I do think we had more pressing needs. Moreso angry that the Patriots sniped Garoppolo. Because the Patriots are cocksuckers and that it was entirely predictable.

Better not trade for Mallett. The Patriots aren't going to just give us someone who's good. Draft a damn QB and that's it.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Maybe he'll be good, but I do think we had more pressing needs. Moreso angry that the Patriots sniped Garoppolo. Because the Patriots are cocksuckers and that it was entirely predictable.

Better not trade for Mallett. The Patriots aren't going to just give us someone who's good. Draft a damn QB and that's it.
when you have a big fat transparent need you need to move up and take your QB...you can't wait for a good one to drop. Everyone thinking they might want one will just move right in front of you. If the Texans were thinking they would wait and their guy would fall to them they were fools....if they didn't like the value and could stay away I'm ok with that.

gtexan02

Working?
when you have a big fat transparent need you need to move up and take your QB...you can't wait for a good one to drop. Everyone thinking they might want one will just move right in front of you. If the Texans were thinking they would wait and their guy would fall to them they were fools....if they didn't like the value and could stay away I'm ok with that.
Agree completely. I feel like we've tried to get cute and get good value at a position of need. Unfortunately that position of need just so happens to be the most important position and we're now left hoping for good value from future backups. There were probably 2-3 eventual starters in this draft and we missed out on all of them.

Bob McNair can't say we are 'reloading' rather than rebuilding and then go into the season with Fitzpatrick at QB and a 4th+ round rookie "in waiting."

We are rebuilding. We've known it all along, it just sucks to have it confirmed

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Well, for whatever reason they selected the guy, after watching some highlights of him, I can see why they got him. This guy, at best, is a starter this year, at the least, he will still see significant playing time. I'm not as down on this pick now as I was earlier.