Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Thumbs up or down on C.J. Fiedorowicz at 3.65
Up 76 79.17%
Down 20 20.83%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2014   #61
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 3.65: C.J. Fiedorowicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I have a feeling they got too cute too. It's almost unrealistic to think they wouldn't take a QB in the first 3 rounds otherwise.
I think that was the case , especially after they just made the move up for Nix giving up 4:1 & 5:1. Kinda shows they may not have been interested in any of the QB's remaining.

Bridgewater snatched away (they had to see that coming)
Garappolo snatched away .... I saw it coming , just not NE.

They have 4:35 remaining .... Wonder if McCarron falls that far or if they even take a QB at all ?!

Quote:
This guy is like Heath Miller except bigger. He is listed at 6'7" (I need to find his combine measurements). Think lots of post-up TD's (think basketball). Run down, break the plane of the end zone and post-up while a FA QB lobs you a pass that's 10 ft in the air that only a 6'7" guy can catch.
That QB better chuck it up quick .... Newton still on the roster.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #62
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

That QB better chuck it up quick .... Newton still on the roster.
3 yard pass! RockNroll!1111!!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #63
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
3 yard pass! RockNroll!1111!!
If Fitzpatrick is the QB he'll definitely put it up for grabs. Maybe BoB needs big muscly guys to try and limit all the turnovers
Old 05-09-2014   #64
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
If Fitzpatrick is the QB he'll definitely put it up for grabs. Maybe BoB needs big muscly guys to try and limit all the turnovers
So.

How do you feel about our QB situation?

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #65
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 123395 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Big ass TE...there I said it! 6-5/265

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...iedorowicz.php

Quote:
Strengths:
Strong
Physical
Reliable hands
Superb run-blocker
Subtle quickness
Surprising athleticism
Big target
Attacks the middle seam
Leaping ability
Good route-running
Red-zone weapon
Asset in short-yardage, goal-line situations
Tough to bring down
Strong drive blocker
Effective seam tight end

Weaknesses:
Not a speed mismatch

Player Comparison: Anthony Fasano. Fiedorowicz won't go as high as Fasano did in the 2006 NFL Draft. The Cowboys took Fasano in the second round, but that was a reach. Fiedorowicz has a similar game to Fasano (6-4, 255). They both are good blockers who can make some contributions as a receiver. Fasano has bounced around, but he's been a decent NFL tight end. Fiedorowicz could be a similar player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #66
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
So far 3 picks, and 3 new legit starters. great draft so far.

These Mallet rumors are heating up. Not sure I like that, but will ride it out with BOB I guess.
sounds good.
Old 05-09-2014   #67
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Big ass TE...there I said it! 6-5/265

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...iedorowicz.php
Old 05-09-2014   #68
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Not really what I was looking for but if FIDO can get the Pats 2 TE offense going i guess we'll be going that way.

I valued any defensive lineman

Any ILB

Any DB

Any Qb

more then a goddamned TE. But I guess whatever. This is the pick i'll look back on in 2-3 years and say I was wrong or right.
I'm pretty sure it's in the Texans corporate charter that they are required to draft a white TE in every draft.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #69
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
I'm pretty sure it's in the Texans corporate charter that they are required to draft a white TE in every draft.
See, I thought that was gone with KUBES ,but I guess the trend remains. We have 11 picks. Lets draft 11 Te's.
Old 05-09-2014   #70
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I kept seeing this guy in mocks and in rankings but never scouted him. I like what I see from highlights and wading his scouting report.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #71
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I like the pick.. Big TE that fits the New Texans mold.
fify

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #72
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OB didn't draft those guys. That would be Patriots GM & Head Coach Bill Belicheat.

OB didn't draft Mallett either .... you guy's give him far too much credit responsibility for his time in New England.
I'd bet he had something to do with this pick though. Ya think?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #73
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I gave Fiedorowicz the player a thumbs up, but not the pick. I think we need a starter at OT more than we need a 3rd string TE.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #74
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I kept seeing this guy in mocks and in rankings but never scouted him. I like what I see from highlights and wading his scouting report.
Noles; you have got to watch him block.
The last Hawkeye TE I enjoyed watching was Brandon Myers whom I said at the time that the Texans should have drafted instead of Anthony Hills.
And that was based mostly on Myers' blocking.
He has developed his catching skills nicely to the tune of some 120 catches the last two years. A steal as a fifth rounder; I'd say.

Fiedorowicz is as proficient in blocking, but a world ahead of Myers in the passing game.
Give him a year, and I wholeheartedly believe he can become a very good player.
It's too early to count money in the bank, but the guy is very smart and run great routes.
He just might become our QB's best friend.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #75
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'd bet he had something to do with this pick though. Ya think?
I'm sure he did .... the point is people keep pointing to his time in NE like he had some great amount of responsibility there (drafted Mallett , drafted Gronk and the thug).

Its possible he put his 2 cents in .... but acting like he was the man in NE , no that's Belecheats team.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Its possible he put his 2 cents in .... but acting like he was the man in NE , no that's Belecheats team.
I don't know about that. Some people say, "He was the OC when New England drafted Mallet."

Somehow some people take that to mean OB was orchestrating the draft.

I believe most people pointing to OB's involvement in NewEngland believe it was just that, involvement.
Old 05-10-2014   #77
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent extensive 'scouting report' on CJ:

So You've Drafted C.J. Fiedorowicz: A New Owner's Guide
Quote:
Congratulations! You've just made the wonderful decision to draft C.J. Fiedorowicz! Like most new Fiedorowicz owners, you're no doubt filled with questions about your new family member. We here at BHGP will try our best to answer any questions you might have...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #78
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

He caught 45 passes for 433 yards, which were both career highs. He finished third on the team in both stats but collected only one touchdown. Iowa as a team had a total of seven touchdown passes in 2012. It was a team problem.

He'll fit right in here....
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #79
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I gave Fiedorowicz the player a thumbs up, but not the pick. I think we need a starter at OT more than we need a 3rd string TE.
Make no mistake, Fiedorowicz will be the #1 TE on this team when the season starts.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #80
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88550 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Make no mistake, Fiedorowicz will be the #1 TE on this team when the season starts.
Yep. I think pretty easily he's the best TE on this roster now.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read