Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Thumbs up or down on C.J. Fiedorowicz at 3.65
Up 76 79.17%
Down 20 20.83%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2014   #41
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 3.65: C.J. Fiedorowicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
So far 3 picks, and 3 new legit starters. great draft so far.

These Mallet rumors are heating up. Not sure I like that, but will ride it out with BOB I guess.
Rick Smith Denies Houston Texans Have Talked To New England Patriots About Acquiring Ryan Mallett.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #42
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He is getting compared to Gronk but I think he is a bit more like Heath Miller from the Steelers.
He's definitely not Gronk. LOL. More like David LaFleur if you remember him. He can become a pro bowler tight end in the NFL if he lives up to his potential and stays healthy. I'm knocking on wood here.
Old 05-09-2014   #43
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9543 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Because NE took Garappolo ( BOB's choice ), Texans took TE Fiedorowicz ( Belichicks choice )

Payback *itch!
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #44
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by honored82 View Post
Because NE took Garappolo ( BOB's choice ), Texans took TE Fiedorowicz ( Belichicks choice )

Payback *itch!
C.J. Fiedorowicz is a big body target with excellent hands. If he wants to be he can become one of the best tight ends in the AFC, if not the entire league, in a couple of years. It all depends on what his work ethic is like. The raw talent is undeniable. He can also block pretty good from what I'm seeing on game tape at the moment.
Old 05-09-2014   #45
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is getting compared to Gronk but I think he is a bit more like Heath Miller from the Steelers.
I didn't think Gronk and CJ were similar either, but there actually are. Same size, same speed, same athleticism, both good blockers and pass catchers. Hopefully he becomes as good a pro as Gronk minus the injuries....
Old 05-09-2014   #46
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he'll be good, but I do think we had more pressing needs. Moreso angry that the Patriots sniped Garoppolo. Because the Patriots are cocksuckers and that it was entirely predictable.

Better not trade for Mallett. The Patriots aren't going to just give us someone who's good. Draft a damn QB and that's it.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #47
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Maybe he'll be good, but I do think we had more pressing needs. Moreso angry that the Patriots sniped Garoppolo. Because the Patriots are cocksuckers and that it was entirely predictable.

Better not trade for Mallett. The Patriots aren't going to just give us someone who's good. Draft a damn QB and that's it.
when you have a big fat transparent need you need to move up and take your QB...you can't wait for a good one to drop. Everyone thinking they might want one will just move right in front of you. If the Texans were thinking they would wait and their guy would fall to them they were fools....if they didn't like the value and could stay away I'm ok with that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2014   #48
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
when you have a big fat transparent need you need to move up and take your QB...you can't wait for a good one to drop. Everyone thinking they might want one will just move right in front of you. If the Texans were thinking they would wait and their guy would fall to them they were fools....if they didn't like the value and could stay away I'm ok with that.
Agree completely. I feel like we've tried to get cute and get good value at a position of need. Unfortunately that position of need just so happens to be the most important position and we're now left hoping for good value from future backups. There were probably 2-3 eventual starters in this draft and we missed out on all of them.

Bob McNair can't say we are 'reloading' rather than rebuilding and then go into the season with Fitzpatrick at QB and a 4th+ round rookie "in waiting."

We are rebuilding. We've known it all along, it just sucks to have it confirmed
Old 05-09-2014   #49
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that's fair.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #50
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, for whatever reason they selected the guy, after watching some highlights of him, I can see why they got him. This guy, at best, is a starter this year, at the least, he will still see significant playing time. I'm not as down on this pick now as I was earlier.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #51
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Meet the new Houston Texans Tight End C.J. Fiedorowicz

Link

video
Old 05-09-2014   #52
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

They need to draft Murray/Mettenberger/McCarron and then just go OL the rest of the way. Get everyone else from UDFA.
Old 05-09-2014   #53
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Meet the new Houston Texans Tight End C.J. Fiedorowicz

Link

video
Good read. MSR
Old 05-09-2014   #54
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Agree completely. I feel like we've tried to get cute and get good value at a position of need. Unfortunately that position of need just so happens to be the most important position and we're now left hoping for good value from future backups. There were probably 2-3 eventual starters in this draft and we missed out on all of them.

Bob McNair can't say we are 'reloading' rather than rebuilding and then go into the season with Fitzpatrick at QB and a 4th+ round rookie "in waiting."

We are rebuilding. We've known it all along, it just sucks to have it confirmed
I have a feeling they got too cute too. It's almost unrealistic to think they wouldn't take a QB in the first 3 rounds otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Well, for whatever reason they selected the guy, after watching some highlights of him, I can see why they got him. This guy, at best, is a starter this year, at the least, he will still see significant playing time. I'm not as down on this pick now as I was earlier.
This guy is like Heath Miller except bigger. He is listed at 6'7" (I need to find his combine measurements). Think lots of post-up TD's (think basketball). Run down, break the plane of the end zone and post-up while a FA QB lobs you a pass that's 10 ft in the air that only a 6'7" guy can catch.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston trade with Eagles
Old 05-09-2014   #56
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
He's easily the starting TE on the Team.

Don't have to settle for Grahm or Griffin as starters. CJ is a legit starter.

IMO 3 starters with three picks = a great draft so far. And these aren't just guys. I think all three picks can be reaaaaaallllly good players.
Why does everyone keep saying this like it's some great accomplishment or some measuring factor on how successful their draft is?

When you have the finish with the worst record in the league, you obviously have a lot of holes to fill. When you have the #1 ovrl pick in the draft and the first pick in every round you better be drafting starters...even past the 3rd round. Houston could've selected a entire different crop of players in the first round and they would've still been likely starters.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #57
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Oh ****.
Old 05-09-2014   #58
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn who we after?
pirbroke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #59
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 946 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems wasteful given how depleted the defensive line group is. Maybe he was high on Jimmy G.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #60
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

NIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read