Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Thumbs up or down on C.J. Fiedorowicz at 3.65
Up 76 79.17%
Down 20 20.83%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2014   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 3.65: C.J. Fiedorowicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by honored82 View Post
Not happy. We have another needs that are important and with 3 TE's already on roster why go for this one soo early

BOB is in love with TE's i guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Good player , but I'd have gone a different direction - RT , DT , DE , CB , QB are all more pressing needs than TE.

This was a luxury pick I don't think they could afford to make.
No, the Texans did not have an inline TE. This guy's a starter in a 2 TE lineup. And do we know for sure that X won't be tried at RT?
Old 05-09-2014   #22
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

My third favourite TE after ASJ and Niklas.

Still wanting some serious beef on the DL
Old 05-09-2014   #23
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

heath miller. complete player and someone who can do everything at a high level. not going to be confused with jimmy graham, but will be a huge impact in the run game and play action.
Old 05-09-2014   #24
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really loving the first BOB draft on paper.

Looks like for the first time in a long time we are going to be a big and intimidating team.
Old 05-09-2014   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
If you gave this pick a thumbs down you have never seen Fiedorowicz play. Fantastic pick. One of my favorite players in this draft.
hes gonna be different than OD. Easy to get a feel for what he brings here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1N65H9w-XM

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #26
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we've just further improved our running game (I sense a trend here) and got a legitimate redone threat. And the guy he is most compared to is Gronk (who was a 3d rounder if I'm correct) - plus he actually seems to be a team first guy and a hard worker. Tall, big hands, good body control, what's not to like?
LikeMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #27
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88550 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Starting TE for the texans.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2014   #28
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

From the Boston Herald today:
http://bostonherald.com/sports/patri...ance_for_gronk

Quote:
If the Patriots are looking for Rob Gronkowski insurance, or better yet, a durable version of Gronk, there’s one lurking in the draft.

Iowa’s C.J. Fiedorowicz just might be the closest to a Gronk clone in terms of being a dual-threat tight end.

First, he’s arguably the best blocking tight end in the draft. He also has great hands and can catch the football.

The fact he fits in the Gronk mold should come as no surprise. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound Fiedorowicz modeled his game after the Patriots tight end.

“A lot of tight ends in the NFL are either blocking tight ends or receiving tight ends. I like watching Rob Gronkowski, someone I look up to,” Fiedorowicz said during the scouting combine. “He can dominate both the line of scrimmage and down the field. That’s who I kind of want to be like.”
Old 05-09-2014   #29
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
hes gonna be different than OD. Easy to get a feel for what he brings here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1N65H9w-XM
Oh yeah.

He's a nightmare for defenses in the mold of Gronkowski, just not quite as athletic.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #30
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Not really what I was looking for but if FIDO can get the Pats 2 TE offense going i guess we'll be going that way.

I valued any defensive lineman

Any ILB

Any DB

Any Qb

more then a goddamned TE. But I guess whatever. This is the pick i'll look back on in 2-3 years and say I was wrong or right.
Old 05-09-2014   #31
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15379 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you gave this pick a thumbs down you have never seen Fiedorowicz play. Fantastic pick. One of my favorite players in this draft.
Agreed. This is looking like a great draft so far. Three players that can immediately play.

Drink the FKN Kool-aid!
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #32
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
We have Griffin and Graham, who we just paid. This seems like a luxury pick. I'm not too pleased with this one.
Neither can block worth a darn.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #33
NathanT27
Rookie

After watching Fiedorowicz video I can say what an AWESOME pick! We are going for size and Gron II will be great. So far I give this draft an A+.
NathanT27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=17
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #35
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. I like the pick. My only thought is what about Ryan Griffin? Are we not expecting him to improve? Or is this good insurance in case Garrett Graham gets hurt? I suppose we'll be pretty good in double tight end formations regardless. I think Fiedorowicz is a sexy pick on the surface aka nice eye candy.

I just hope he reaches his potential and doesn't become another David LaFleur, similar size and talent coming out of college, aka former first-round pick in 1997 for the Dallas Cowboys. Really awesome and big 6'7 and 272 pass-catching tight end that was supposed to become a really solid pro. He was out of the league by 2000. Became a big bust instead.

Watching the highlights of C.J. Fiedorowicz that is who he reminds me of. Hopefully he has a much better career in the NFL like I said. He's a third-round pick so the expectations aren't the same as a first rounder. Less pressure.
Old 05-09-2014   #36
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 56179 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

So far 3 picks, and 3 new legit starters. great draft so far.

These Mallet rumors are heating up. Not sure I like that, but will ride it out with BOB I guess.
Old 05-09-2014   #37
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I gave the pick a thumbs down - Not because I don't like the player. I do like him and think he'll be a quality NFL TE.

I just look at the roster and think there were better options on the board.

(Louis Nix , Rice CB Phillip Gaines , Morgan Moses , Antonio Richardson)

It seems like a luxury pick ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #38
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88550 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

He's easily the starting TE on the Team.

Don't have to settle for Grahm or Griffin as starters. CJ is a legit starter.

IMO 3 starters with three picks = a great draft so far. And these aren't just guys. I think all three picks can be reaaaaaallllly good players.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #39
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He is getting compared to Gronk but I think he is a bit more like Heath Miller from the Steelers.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #40
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9542 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Next pick better be on defense.... DT, NT or CB
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read