Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Thumbs up or down on Su'a-Filo, Xavier at 2.33?
Up 112 95.73%
Down 5 4.27%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2014   #61
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 2.33: Xavier Su'a-Filo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Love it.

This guy is a beast.
Holy crap where have you been hiding?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #62
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good pick. We need some nasty on our oline.
Old 05-09-2014   #63
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been screaming for Samoans on this team forever. Best pick ever.
Old 05-09-2014   #64
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I've been screaming for Samoans on this team forever. Best pick ever.
Shilo Keo?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #65
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Just upgraded two positions with one pick.

This has BOB written all over it. We can begin to see what kind of team O'Brien wants to put together and I'm all over it like white on rice.

If Kubes is still coach, that pick never happens imo.
That's racist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Really I don`t know if they should draft one. What is the point of drafting one, when you are not convinced he could be your franchise QB. Perhaps there is a QB like that left (Savage, Mettenberger, McCarron, Murray...), most likely there is not. Just try to either get one via trad (like Mallet) or go again next season. Too many good players at other positions left. So far we have 2 surefire starters, let`s get at least 2 more.
I would definitely take Savage, McCarron or Murray at 3.1. That's a straight up value pick and you just might get a FQB and if you don't, no big deal. You didn't mortgage the farm or break the bank with a high round one pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
We are not going to draft a QB. You heard it here first!

OB has big plans for Keenum. Just get him some decent protection that he didn't have last season. On paper, we have a pretty decent line now that Filo is on board. Also, this time OB will call plays that will work with Keenums strength unlike Kubiak.

Kinda limits that "flexible" offense BOB wants to run. Why limit it to the spread or the pistol?
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #66
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Just upgraded two positions with one pick.

This has BOB written all over it. We can begin to see what kind of team O'Brien wants to put together and I'm all over it like white on rice.

If Kubes is still coach, that pick never happens imo.
You can bet Rick Smith wasn't involved in any way. Prolly sent him for coffee...

edit: went back and read the WHOLE post which I really agree with.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #67
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 126444 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy
Old 05-09-2014   #68
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

A whole gaggle of good players falling....
Old 05-09-2014   #69
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
A whole gaggle of good players falling....
this is a more talented draft class than the last few years. We're going to see players who will push starters in the 3rd and 4th round.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #70
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
this is a more talented draft class than the last few years. We're going to see players who will push starters in the 3rd and 4th round.
Yep deep is good. I predicted we could select 5 starters.
Old 05-09-2014   #71
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
leave him at LG and allow Quess to play RT.
Exactly what I was thinking. We've got two, sure fire day 1 starters. Can't wait to see what we do with our next pick.
Old 05-09-2014   #72
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Shilo Keo?
he doesn't have a pot belly...how can he be a Samoan?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #73
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

OB sticking with the Pats blueprint for O-lineman... Big, nasty muthas that will punch you in the mouth then take your mother out for a steak dinner and never call her...

Didn't know much about him but will defiantly research

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #74
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

If he can be our RT then I'm very happy with the pick, but if he's only going to be able to play inside, that's a waste of the 2.1 as far as I'm concerted because we'be got Quess to play LG.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #75
badboy
Site Contributor

Some pretty good corners in Phillip Gaines and Stanley Jean-Baptiste lurking

Dang Saints must have had a mind meld with me.
Old 05-09-2014   #76
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
If he can be our RT then I'm very happy with the pick, but if he's only going to be able to play inside, that's a waste of the 2.1 as far as I'm concerted because we'be got Quess to play LG.
Quess was a OT and was only a projection to G. He is 6'5 307 with 34 + inch arms
Old 05-09-2014   #77
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
That's racist!!

I would definitely take Savage, McCarron or Murray at 3.1. That's a straight up value pick and you just might get a FQB and if you don't, no big deal. You didn't mortgage the farm or break the bank with a high round one pick.

Kinda limits that "flexible" offense BOB wants to run. Why limit it to the spread or the pistol?
Not me , with the next pick I want an OT .... After Mewhort , Richadrson & Moses the talent level drops significantly (at least in my opinion). Have to get Newton out of the starting lineup.

I think you can get Katherine Webb .... Errr AJ McCarron at 4:1 (Or Garappolo).

That said , there are still quite a few guys on the board with 1st round grades by the "media scouts." (Louis Nix , Allen Robinson , Kony Ealy & Morgan Moses).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #78
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some pretty good corners in Phillip Gaines and Stanley Jean-Baptiste lurking

Dang Saints must have had a mind meld with me.
Jinked it lol
Old 05-09-2014   #79
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57261 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Quess will likely be moved to RT, or at least tried there and if he doesn't work out, he makes for an excellent swing versatile G/T.

Personally, I think Quess ends up starting at RT. Just an early guess.
Old 05-09-2014   #80
badboy
Site Contributor

I'm pulling for Ealy #65. QB at 4.1

Dadgum I will shut up now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read