Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-09-2014   #1061
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
They could target Deandre Coleman with their 4th round pick or Shamar Stephen with a trade up into the 5th. Both are favorites of mine.
yes good players. I like both along with Urbin. I think Coleman could play DE or NT.
Old 05-09-2014   #1062
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

front office likes smith from wyoming..
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1063
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Ravens just took Gillmore of Colorado State. Do you guys think Kubiak has a lot to do with this pick?
No, Ozzie runs the show and I don't think there is a GM in the league who stays more true to his board than Ozzie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why? You can land a franchise QB at 32...

The Kool Aid is flowing tonight.

The Texans trade pick #101 and pick #141 for a Tub of Lard. Fans of Girth are GIDDY!
Old 05-09-2014   #1064
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
No, Ozzie runs the show and I don't think there is a GM in the league who stays more true to his board than Ozzie.

The Kool Aid is flowing tonight.

The Texans trade pick #101 and pick #141 for a Tub of Lard. Fans of Girth are GIDDY!
Watch some of his 2012 games. Whole different story.
Old 05-09-2014   #1065
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
Manziel light!
Old 05-09-2014   #1066
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Says who?
Old 05-09-2014   #1067
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

So, we are likely to target DE, Slot receiver, RB, LB, QB, S?
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2014   #1068
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122673 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I love every pick we've made. We are getting great value and guys that sound like difference makers. I just really really don't want to go into the year with our current stable of qbs
I've got to give it to Smith/BOB, they've resisted taking a QB and filled the holes on the OL/DL/Pass Rusher. Plus added another tough guy at TE. The 1st true blocking TE since Bruener. Fiedo reminds me of Bruener/Heath Miller. Not bad for the 3rd rd.

This draft has added what the Texans have been missing for yrs, (Toughness) I like BOB's vision of what HIS team should be. (Strong in the trenches)
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1069
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

This has probably been mentioned but I'll pose the question again. Does anyone think the Texans drafting Clowney had anything to do with the logic behind the Titans picking Taylor Lewan?

The way I see it Roos is close to retirement and OT is a concern and so why not get the guy who put up a battle against Clowney if he's drafted in your division?

Any thoughts?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1070
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122673 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
That is what I like, if we don't pick up a QB. The Texans have an identity that everyone in the league is going to know about, and also give the QBs on the roster a good confidence kick by not moving for another QB.
I think if one of McCarron/Murray/Met/Savage is there at 4-35 (Likey) that will be the pick. However if they add an ILB like Zumwalt or a nickel CB like Desir/ DE like Hart/McCullers I wouldn't have a problem with that.

They may go with what they have at QB in 2014 and trade up to get their QB in 2015. Which was what I have always been advocating.
Old 05-09-2014   #1071
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I've been hoping for Murray, but TBH, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they don't take a QB at all. I think fans have made up their minds on some things that coaches may disagree with. We shall see.
Old 05-10-2014   #1072
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
This has probably been mentioned but I'll pose the question again. Does anyone think the Texans drafting Clowney had anything to do with the logic behind the Titans picking Taylor Lewan?

The way I see it Roos is close to retirement and OT is a concern and so why not get the guy who put up a battle against Clowney if he's drafted in your division?

Any thoughts?
Honestly, I think they wanted Barr or Gilbert and when both were gone they just went with the top guy on their board. The pick was somewhat baffling because he will probably be a swing tackle this year. But he will more than likely be their LT in 2015. A line of Lewan, Levitre, Schwenke, Warmack, Oher is pretty strong.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #1073
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by humblegeo View Post
I have no idea what they're doing. They put a higher value on a TE than they do on the QB or RB positions that we need to fill. I mean why take the TE before picking up a QB or RB???
because what they had to choose from with QBs. Rbs can be had later especially back ups.
Old 05-10-2014   #1074
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Any thoughts?
According to Webster/Whisenhunt Lewan was best player on their board and when you a chance at a franchise LT you don't pass him up and said Lewan was to good to pass up.

I think the Texans went with Clowney because he was the safest pick in their mind.
Old 05-10-2014   #1075
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
A line of Lewan, Levitre, Schwenke, Warmack, Oher is pretty strong.
Let these guys get a yr or two working together and they could be the best OL in the league.
Old 05-10-2014   #1076
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Any thoughts?
I think they chose Clowney because they went from tied 4th in sacks 2012 to 29th IIRC. No deep theology just "see QB- disrupt QB!"
Old 05-10-2014   #1077
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Lets hope so.

That guy can play. He's well worth 4-35. Hopefully Savage will be there and there will be a difficult decision to be made.
Old 05-10-2014   #1078
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
According to Webster/Whisenhunt Lewan was best player on their board and when you a chance at a franchise LT you don't pass him up and said Lewan was to good to pass up.

I think the Texans went with Clowney because he was the safest pick in their mind.
Or because he was the highest rated player in the draft .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #1079
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Belichick on Garoppolo... "Better off being early rather than late at that position."

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014   #1080
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
So are we going on all in for Jameis Winston in 2015 (assuming he stays out of jail)?
Or Hundley or Mariotta or maybe the Baylor kid.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read