Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-09-2014   #1041
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Murray
Mettenberger
Mccarron
Boyd
Savage
Fales

BOB has repeatedly said that they will address the position and based on the list above there should be More than a few talented guys still available for us. I think BOB has wanted a developmental guy late in the draft all along. And since none of the top end prospects really stood out he felt comfy with taking a project late. Plus He knows how folks here are clamoring for a qb. So drafting a guy late takes the pressure off to start that prospect before he's ready.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1042
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, I'd have loved to draft a guy and get behind him but perhaps it's best not to force a Gabbert or a Locker or a Ponder on your team. Always look on the bright side of life.
The rumor was he took one for the team .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1043
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The rumor was he took one for the team .
Who?
Old 05-09-2014   #1044
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Who?
J Winston

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1045
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn Broncos took RT Michael Schofield.
Was wishing the Texans can get him next.
GRRRR
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1046
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll get our QB next year. Considering the improvements made to the team so far, I can live with that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1047
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Murray
Mettenberger
Mccarron
Boyd
Savage
Fales

BOB has repeatedly said that they will address the position and based on the list above there should be More than a few talented guys still available for us. I think BOB has wanted a developmental guy late in the draft all along. And since none of the top end prospects really stood out he felt comfy with taking a project late. Plus He knows how folks here are clamoring for a qb. So drafting a guy late takes the pressure off to start that prospect before he's ready.
this is where i'm at. i didnt think there was a major difference between the top rated quarterback and the 10th. one (or more) of these guys is going to be available at 4.35, if not later. savage was one that a few were interested in taking in the second round, to those i ask - how would you feel if we got him in the 4th? or the 2-3 for mettenberger and mccarron, what about getting them in the 5th? there are at least two on that list i'd rather have than bortles or manziel, and as late rounders will let us add better BPA talent as well as reduce the pressure of adding an early round quarterback.
Old 05-09-2014   #1048
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I have a hunch we are eying (eyeing?) Logan Thomas. I don't know why, just a hunch. And I am not overly thrilled with the idea, but I am damn happy with the picks we have made so far. Something's gotta give, and I am good with that being QB for now.
My hunch is Savage. McCarron still available, then Zach, Murray. Logan is the physically most gifted.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1049
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens just took Gillmore of Colorado State. Do you guys think Kubiak has a lot to do with this pick?
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1050
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a football boner. I'm sorry but I am loving this draft! This is that good good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1051
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Ravens just took Gillmore of Colorado State. Do you guys think Kubiak has a lot to do with this pick?
Lol said the same thing!

That is truly a Kubiak pick!!!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1052
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd kick the tyres in Tajh Boyd.

Then there is Brett Smith a lot of you like.

Wenning.

There are I till arms out there.
Old 05-09-2014   #1053
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now they need a blue collar 5 technique to do the dirty work .
Brent Urban

He would be a perfect fit opposite of Watt. Between him and Watt we would easily lead the league in .
Old 05-09-2014   #1054
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& we still get Nix...... wow, way to go Rick.
That pick was Rac, O'brien or the janitor. Rick Smith was sent for donuts.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1055
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

What do we have left?

4:35
6:1
6:5
6:35?
7:1
Mr Irrelevant.
Old 05-09-2014   #1056
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
probably, I've not wanted to be too negative and I hated the Kubiak Texans (I've been tweeting quite a bit during the season however)...I'm more on board with this new start. Especially today where we really see something tangibly different in the tone of the picks.
Yes, this is definitely different. Different is good.
Old 05-09-2014   #1057
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

My remaining QBs on the board:

Mettenberger - 3rd
Savage - 3rd/4th
Murray - 4th
Wenning - 4th/5th
McCarron - 4th/5th
Boyd - 5th
Smith - 5th/6th
Thomas - 5th/6th
Fales - 6th
Morris - 7th
Renner - 7th
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1058
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

I guess I'm hoping for Murray at 4:35
Old 05-09-2014   #1059
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now they need a blue collar 5 technique to do the dirty work .
They could target Deandre Coleman with their 4th round pick or Shamar Stephen with a trade up into the 5th. Both are favorites of mine.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1060
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Murray
Mettenberger
Mccarron
Boyd
Savage
Fales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
this is where i'm at. i didnt think there was a major difference between the top rated quarterback and the 10th. one (or more) of these guys is going to be available at 4.35, if not later. savage was one that a few were interested in taking in the second round, to those i ask - how would you feel if we got him in the 4th? or the 2-3 for mettenberger and mccarron, what about getting them in the 5th? there are at least two on that list i'd rather have than bortles or manziel, and as late rounders will let us add better BPA talent as well as reduce the pressure of adding an early round quarterback.
I'd be fine with any of those guys and you almost have them in my order of preference. Love the draft so far.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read