Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-09-2014   #1021
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Dammit.

I didn't want Moncrief going there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1022
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm starting to think that OB is planning on going into 2014 with Fitz/Keenum/Yates at this rate.
Makes me wish we had Schaub still here...

Seriously, though, the only QBs I wanted were Manziel early and Garoppolo later (would have been OK with Bridgewater at 2.1, but not earlier). We didn't really have a good shot the way things played out. gtexan is right about us not being in good shape without a QB, though. I guess this is a total rebuilding year, and we'll be having to go all out to get a QB next year.

I'm glad about Nix, but I am depressed about having only one pick left in the next 90. I think there's probably a lot of good value in that range that we'll be missing out on.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1023
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm really starting to think it never even existed.

I'm starting to think that OB is planning on going into 2014 with Fitz/Keenum/Yates at this rate.

This draft has a "You got a problem with that?" vibe to it where QB is concerned. I don't think they're worried about it. Wonder if we're going to find out later on that OB had to say that Case could be a winning starter to get the job?

I bet we're about to start hearing how great they think our QBs are.
Old 05-09-2014   #1024
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted Clowney and Nix from the beginning and got my wish. I am very very happy.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1025
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a hunch we are eying (eyeing?) Logan Thomas. I don't know why, just a hunch. And I am not overly thrilled with the idea, but I am damn happy with the picks we have made so far. Something's gotta give, and I am good with that being QB for now.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1026
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Vinny... you sound more optimistic than I have heard in quite some time. Are we going to be seeing more of you around these boards this season?
probably, I've not wanted to be too negative and I hated the Kubiak Texans (I've been tweeting quite a bit during the season however)...I'm more on board with this new start. Especially today where we really see something tangibly different in the tone of the picks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1027
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
So are we going on all in for Jameis Winston in 2015 (assuming he stays out of jail)?
Why? You can land a franchise QB at 32...

Old 05-09-2014   #1028
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
'm not trying to get ahead of myself but the Texans front-7 is all of a sudden one of the most talented in the NFL
The front of the front 7 is stout to say the least, but I'm still worried about the LB Corps.
Errant Hothy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1029
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
'm not trying to get ahead of myself but the Texans front-7 is all of a sudden one of the most talented in the NFL
In a way the Texans are building the blue print of NE championship years. Build a strong defense then run a conservative safe offense that dont take chance and turn over the ball. The question is can coach achieve this with the current stable of QBs?
Old 05-09-2014   #1030
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
So are we going on all in for Jameis Winston in 2015 (assuming he stays out of jail)?
Not sure he's smart enough to be an NFL QB. Jury is still out.
Old 05-09-2014   #1031
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
The front of the front 7 is stout to say the least, but I'm still worried about the LB Corps.
mercy and Clowney with Brooks and Cushing inside is how I see it. Gotta add more to that in terms of depth but I see that starting unit right now.

Old 05-09-2014   #1032
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Dammit.

I didn't want Moncrief going there.
Nope, hate the thought of Andrew Luck throwing to Andre Johnson clone, even if the clone is only 80%.
Old 05-09-2014   #1033
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
In a way the Texans are building the blue print of NE championship years. Build a strong defense then run a conservative safe offense that dont take chance and turn over the ball. The question is can coach achieve this with the current stable of QBs?
I just see it as more conventional. We've been sold for years on crap like your NT doesn't have to be that big and that ship ain't shinola...stuff like that.

Old 05-09-2014   #1034
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Not sure he's smart enough to be an NFL QB. Jury is still out.
Don't be crabby .

Glad to see you coming out of your shell .

You boiling mad ?

Don't get all steamed .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1035
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
mercy and Clowney with Brooks and Cushing inside is how I see it. Gotta add more to that in terms of depth but I see that starting unit right now.
I'm still hoping we end up with Shayne Skov, Smallwood, Barrow, or Christian Jones to be our ILB beside Cush. Then keep Reed at SAM with Merci backing up Clowney and coming in sometimes in passing situations.
Old 05-09-2014   #1036
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I have a hunch we are eying (eyeing?) Logan Thomas. I don't know why, just a hunch. And I am not overly thrilled with the idea, but I am damn happy with the picks we have made so far. Something's gotta give, and I am good with that being QB for now.
Preaching to the choir here.

Love to draft Logan Thomas.
Old 05-09-2014   #1037
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm still hoping we end up with Shayne Skov, Smallwood, Barrow, or Christian Jones to be our ILB beside Cush. Then keep Reed at SAM with Merci backing up Clowney and coming in sometimes in passing situations.
What about Zumalt and Boulough ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1038
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Don't be crabby .

Glad to see you coming out of your shell .

You boiling mad ?

Don't get all steamed .
yeah, I'd have loved to draft a guy and get behind him but perhaps it's best not to force a Gabbert or a Locker or a Ponder on your team. Always look on the bright side of life.

Old 05-09-2014   #1039
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33472 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
The question is can coach achieve this with the current stable of QBs?
That is going to be the question. Do we think that Fitz can protect the football well enough to not lose us games? This will be the major decider if this team is a playoff team or a top 10 draft pick.

I think it is possible with the offensive weapons available.
Old 05-09-2014   #1040
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What about Zumalt and Boulough ?
Damn. smh. Definitely Zumwalt. He's probably my #2 behind Skov.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read