Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-09-2014   #701
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
When are we drafting Manzel for Christ's sakes? I haven't heard anything on that yet.
Define "we" and define "manzel".
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #702
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Define "we" and define "manzel".
we:
/wē/
pronoun
pronoun: we
1. used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other people considered together.
2. used in formal contexts for or by a royal person, or by a writer or editor, to refer to himself or herself.

manzel:
/man zell/
noun
1. creamed upon QB wanted by everyone who likes QBs that look like elfs
2. used to wear purple dresses

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #703
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we do get Jimmy Garoppolo (that's how it's spelt, y'all) can we all agree to call him Jimmy G? Having 173981237 different versions of the name is going to be fun lol
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #704
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Espn reports that texans tried to trade into Phillys pick at #22, as did Minnesota, buy Cleveland offered the best deal. Were they going for Manziel? TB? Someone else?
Old 05-09-2014   #705
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Just as good of a chance we stay where we're at.
I keep going back in forth. One minute I'm sure we're trading down for more picks. The next minute I'm thinking that the Texans stick and make the 2-1 selection. There's just no way to tell from what we know now. Compelling case can be made for either choice.

If they do trade down I'm not going to get upset. Not until I've at least seen what they got for doing it and what they did with that.
Old 05-09-2014   #706
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
if we do get jimmy garoppolo (that's how it's spelt, y'all) can we all agree to call him jimmy g? Having 173981237 different versions of the name is going to be fun lol
polo!
Old 05-09-2014   #707
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Espn reports that texans tried to trade into Phillys pick at #22, as did Minnesota, buy Cleveland offered the best deal. Were they going for Manziel? TB? Someone else?
Interesting if true.

I've heard people say today that the Texans clearly didn't want TB or Manziel...Because if they did they'd have traded up...I'm not so sure...

There are other scenarios that could have happened besides the Seahawks calling the Texans and the Texans refusing because they didn't want TB.

Texans could have called their bluff on them having a trade in place.
Seahawks may have gotten a last minute offer from the Vikings and simply accepted.

I dunno what happened. No one does. Fun to think about though.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2014   #708
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The trade is a great smoke screen for a QB in the 3rd and trade down in the 2nd .
I thought the rumor was meant to lock in the idea that the Texans were not going to pick any QB at 1-1 and let teams know that if you wanted Clowney you had to make a deal with us. Nobody else was going to get a shot at him.

From the moment Clowney was picked I haven't seen a single thing about Mallet updated. It's a dead deal for now. I question whether it was ever even legitimately considered. If it was then possibly the Patriots want to wait to make the deal until the round of the pick is reached in case they can tempt someone else into doing better?
Old 05-09-2014   #709
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's how I see the Derek Carr situation

Peyton manning >Eli Manning
Carson Palmer > Jordan Palmer

Both siblings are QB's

Derek carr ? David carr

If Derek is picked I have no issue.
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #710
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I've heard people say today that the Texans clearly didn't want TB or Manziel...Because if they did they'd have traded up...I'm not so sure...
I'm not so sure about Manziel either. TB I'm pretty sure about.

Quote:
Texans could have called their bluff on them having a trade in place.
Seahawks may have gotten a last minute offer from the Vikings and simply accepted.

I dunno what happened. No one does. Fun to think about though.
There were 3rd party reports about Minnesota before it went down. (though I guess maybe it was just the official confirmation process.
noxiousdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #711
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading this Day2 - these were some of the most interesting thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
You think?

Based on what?

Chill. If they were that keen they would of done something.
If Rick Smith was "keen"... What was your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The only bad thing Derek Carr has going against him is his last name.
And the family tendencies of horrible response under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB0iFresh View Post
Jayson Braddock tweeted that the only QB the Texans wanted in the 1st was Bortles
If true, makes the "Keen Rick Smith" point even more apropos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
How many games did the 2013 draft picks win us in 2013? Did the season hinge on their performance?

How about the 2012 picks? Were they solely responsible for all the success of 2012?
The single most important guy on the field for us last year came from two 2nd rounders we traded away. The only guy that made it bearable was our 1st-rounder from 2011. I'm pretty damn sure that a lot of our on-field performance was related to that first pick in 2002 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
There's just no point in going round and round with a bunch of irrational "the sky is falling" people. It's ridiculous. It's been one round.
Ah yes, the "just because we had a golden chance and didn't take it, there will always be another golden chance" response. I've felt that way watching Kubiak coach for years...it's not healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I've been there. The trade down away from Derrick Johnson to get that fat lump of crap Travis Johnson did it to me. Ruined my who offseason. It sucks but it happens. Hopefully whatever happens here turns out better than that did.
Even better, we can't escape him in retirement as he's on our airwaves.
Old 05-09-2014   #712
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
If we do get Jimmy Garoppolo (that's how it's spelt, y'all) can we all agree to call him Jimmy G? Having 173981237 different versions of the name is going to be fun lol
Don't count on that happening until he wins some games.

Purposely misspelling a player's name is just a cute way of expressing disapproval. (Schaab, Schwab, Schwabbie, etc.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #713
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't be upset with jimmy g but id prefer nix or tuitt. Trouble is, teams are going to keep trying to leap frog us until we get a qb.
Old 05-09-2014   #714
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
This makes me sad if true. Clowney and Manziel would have been pretty damn cool.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #715
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we on the clock now?
Old 05-09-2014   #716
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Now, on the clock....

Jimmy Garoppolo. Period. Get it done!!!!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #717
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 316 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes Jimmy Garrapolo please.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
BorrowMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #718
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Now, on the clock....

Jimmy Garoppolo. Period. Get it done!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowMe View Post
Yes Jimmy Garrapolo please.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Either him or Nix for me.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #719
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Nix or Moses. I mocked us Moses here!
Old 05-09-2014   #720
BigB0iFresh
Veteran

Rep Power: 1335 BigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking Nix here if we dont trade down
BigB0iFresh is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read