Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-09-2014   #681
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

And I think some of you are vastly underestimating the number the QBs that will get grabbed up in the 2nd.

Wait until the 3rd, you might well not even take one, and just stick with what we already have.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #682
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
LOL. You ever wonder why all these guys spend all this time studying up for draft day, making up spreadsheets and mock drafts and sh!t.....

.....and every year, every single year, they find out the more they thought they learned about it, the less they actually know about it?

Anyways, I'm still calling it. Bill O'Brien likes Jimmy Garappolo, and that's who I think they're picking at 2.1.
And that wouldn't upset me at all. I like Garappolo too. I just think there might still be several better players available. But again, if we think now's the time to snatch up a QB..then I'm totally on board.
Old 05-09-2014   #683
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
And I think some of you are vastly underestimating the number the QBs that will get grabbed up in the 2nd.

Wait until the 3rd, you might well not even take one, and just stick with what we already have.
Agreed. The "top 3" QBs in this draft were a joke. Not because they can't play, but because there really isn't a difference between them & some of the guys still on the board.

IF we don't take a QB in the next 32 picks, or we don't trade for Mallet, then I can understand some of this, "Texans don't want to win, didn't address our most pressing need." talk. I still wouldn't agree with it, but I could understand it.
Old 05-09-2014   #684
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL. You ever wonder why all these guys spend all this time studying up for draft day, making up spreadsheets and mock drafts and sh!t.....

.....and every year, every single year, they find out the more they thought they learned about it, the less they actually know about it?

Anyways, I'm still calling it. Bill O'Brien likes Jimmy Garappolo, and that's who I think they're picking at 2.1.
I would not have a problem with that. Not one bit. In fact I can get behind that. There are about 6-8 guys out there right now who I'd be perfectly content with at 2-1. If we stay there I hope we get one of them.

This has been a fun draft so far for me.
Old 05-09-2014   #685
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Careful they can be a wee bit sensitive when told this.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #686
CharloTex
All Pro

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 17942 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
You have a team with no QB, a washed up hippie at RB, and a geriatric Andre Johnson, in an NFL were defense is becoming increasingly irrelevant. Baring a few freakish picks like Wilson, you aren't finding a good QB in round 2 or 3.

The Texans sucked because they had no QB. They still have no QB. Now we are waiting for a GM that can't draft in the 2nd or 3rd rounds to pull a miracle out of his ass.

Now we are stuck hoping Tom Brady's waterboy knows what he's doing, instead of being another Belichick washout.

Clowney's upside pretty much made him mandatory at the top of the draft, no problem with that. The team is still bereft of offensive weapons in a passing NFL. Carr won't get picked, Mettenberger literally pissed away his chance, and AJ McCarron is a game manager.
Even if everything you're saying is true (it isn't), that doesn't mean that the three QBs we passed on represented our ultimate salvation. They don't/didn't. They are 2nd-round talents taken in the first round of an off year for QB talent. If this were next year's draft and we took one of these 3 scrubs from 2014 instead of the true 2015 first round talents, your panties would be in the exact same bunch.

Last edited by CharloTex; 05-09-2014 at 12:17 PM.
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #687
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Because the Vikings THOUGHT we wanted TB.
Yep. Or any of the teams between 33 and 39. Or anyone else trading up.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2014   #688
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Trade for Mallett and if it doesn't work out pick a QB in 2015.
Right. Just trade for Mallett. He has more talent than any of the remaining QBs. Give him a year and if he doesn't work out, go back to the fishin' hole.
Old 05-09-2014   #689
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

Maybe so. I'm OK with Garo ... fk it ... Polo at 2.1. I like Murray, but never watched Polo, so it's not like I'm comparing them. I said before Murray's knee injury and before the draft process played out that I would like Murray in the 3rd. If they get him in the 3rd, I'm happy. If they get him in the 4th, I'm ecstatic. If they take Polo in the 2nd, it's fine too. *shrug*

The 2nd round is about leading the trends instead of reacting to them. We'll see how Rick Smith manages things when there's a run on QBs or DTs or whatever.
Old 05-09-2014   #690
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Right. Just trade for Mallett. He has more talent than any of the remaining QBs. Give him a year and if he doesn't work out, go back to the fishin' hole.
See, I'd be okay with this. It's just the whole rumor that he wants to agree to an extension first that causes me a lot of issues.
Old 05-09-2014   #691
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83884 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Mallett have a no trade clause? lol

Him wanting to agree to an extension before being traded somewhere is funny.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #692
CharloTex
All Pro

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 17942 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Too bad Mariota decided to stay in school. He would have been #1.
This.
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #693
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
See, I'd be okay with this. It's just the whole rumor that he wants to agree to an extension first that causes me a lot of issues.
I'd be coo with this too. It'd allow us to keep stocking up in the trenches. But, like Ryan mentioned, it'd depend on what kind of contract we gave him. The cat's 1-4 for 17 yards and a pick in his career, so what can he demand?
Old 05-09-2014   #694
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Too bad Mariota decided to stay in school. He would have been #1.
Hah no he wouldn't, Talk about a guy who folds under pressure
Old 05-09-2014   #695
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83884 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedawg View Post
Hah no he wouldn't, Talk about a guy who folds under pressure
I'm not a Mariota fan either.

I would rather all three first round QB's from this year over Mariota personally.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #696
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329810 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Where is the rumor Mallett is pushing the extension? An extension is something the team trading to get the player generally insists on (like we did with Schaub) so that the pick they are giving up in the trade isn't for a 1 year rental.
Old 05-09-2014   #697
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Where is the rumor Mallett is pushing the extension? An extension is something the team trading to get the player generally insists on (like we did with Schaub) so that the pick they are giving up in the trade isn't for a 1 year rental.
The trade is a great smoke screen for a QB in the 3rd and trade down in the 2nd .
Old 05-09-2014   #698
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its a good chance we trade down.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #699
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I think its a good chance we trade down.
Just as good of a chance we stay where we're at.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #700
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

When are we drafting Manzel for Christ's sakes? I haven't heard anything on that yet.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read