Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-08-2014   #601
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Yeah well now that Bridgewater is gone we better take Nix or Hageman. No QB worth 2-1 and if we're going in on the defense might as well build a wall of badasses.

"Wall of badasses" has a nice ring to it. Maybe it'll replace Bulls On Parade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #602
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
How many games did Luck win the Colts in his rookie year? To pretend that QBs can't directly impact games is the idiotic thing.

Here's a new signature for you. "Houston Texans: We'll get 'em next year!"

Hope our 2015 QB you intend to stalk is good. I'd love to get back to the playoffs eventually
There is no Luck in this draft, not even close. Welcome to 8 months ago.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #603
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Gotta agree with everything Herv is saying.

I'm not a big Clowney guy, it's well documented, but we did get a supremely talented player at a position that's weak in this draft. Attoachu is the only OLB left that any good IMO (see Philly reaching for Marcus Smith). So that worked out assuming Clowney works hard and his bone spur problem is fixed via surgery.

The QBs were iffy in this draft and we avoided them, it's not a big deal IMO. There are great players at positions of need available for us with the 2.1 pick, particularly Nix or Tuitt.

I'm happy right now, I don't know why everyone is tripping out.
People are upset because this is a QB-dominated league. Look at the great teams and they all have great QBs. Texans were a 10+ win team 2 years in a row and then Schaub regressed and we turned into a 2 win team.

If you don't believe QBs are the most important player on a team by a factor of 10 you don't know the new NFL.

We could build a wonderful defense and a great supporting cast on offense but Ryan Fitzpatrick is not going to win a superbowl. And anything short of that is settling for failure, again. If you go into a season with your upside at 8 wins what's the point?
Old 05-08-2014   #604
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The hate is strong with this one.
"screwed 'em out of another 4 years!!!!!!!" I'm glad Cleveland gets to deal with the circus. I was willing to, but was very cautious about it.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #605
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
"Wall of badasses" has a nice ring to it. Maybe it'll replace Bulls On Parade?
Bulls on Parade... geez. Letterman jackets.

Clowney better live up to his billing and finally give this pass rush some teeth.
Old 05-08-2014   #606
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Says who? There have been surprises, for good and bad, all the time. Any of the top QB prospects could be better than Luck. I'd take Russell wilson over luck even though on draft day there's no way he'd go before him.

The only way you guarantee your QB won't be a gamechanger like Luck is to roll with a proven, journeyman vet. Give your team a chance to have playoff upside - that's all I'm asking for. I understand there's no consensus 1-1 guy, but there were plenty of late round 1st round QB talents that could have made a huge difference if things worked out well. Instead, as of now, it seems like we'll go with a mid-round QB project and a slew of veterans other teams would have in street clothes on game day
Old 05-08-2014   #607
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I don't think the Texans will take a QB with their 2nd round pick as it stands tomorrow. I would like to see them draft a NT and solve that enormous, no pun intended, hole. Definitely need linebackers since we can't really rely on Cushing being healthy through out the season anymore. I think if they do draft a QB, it'll be in the 3rd or 4th round. Can't say I'm excited about the upcoming season as it stands.

Having Nix in front of Cush keeps Cush very health. 6'2" 330+lbs eating up OL will allow Cush to run around like his hair is on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2014   #608
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

With everyone talking about Nix, the Texans will probably not pick him and instead draft a TE.
Old 05-08-2014   #609
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Says who? There have been surprises, for good and bad, all the time. Any of the top QB prospects could be better than Luck. I'd take Russell wilson over luck even though on draft day there's no way he'd go before him.

The only way you guarantee your QB won't be a gamechanger like Luck is to roll with a proven, journeyman vet. Give your team a chance to have playoff upside - that's all I'm asking for. I understand there's no consensus 1-1 guy, but there were plenty of late round 1st round QB talents that could have made a huge difference if things worked out well. Instead, as of now, it seems like we'll go with a mid-round QB project and a slew of veterans other teams would have in street clothes on game day
Your point makes no sense. Russell Wilson was taken in the 3rd round, so why is it that we need a 1st round QB. He's also better than all the QBs in this draft coming out. He was sensational in college.

You're being irrational.
Old 05-08-2014   #610
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Having Nix in front of Cush keeps Cush very health. 6'2" 330+lbs eating up OL will allow Cush to run around like his hair is on fire.
Still need more talent at ILB. That was one of my main areas of concern going into last season and we paid dearly when Cushing went down.
Old 05-08-2014   #611
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
People are upset because this is a QB-dominated league. Look at the great teams and they all have great QBs. Texans were a 10+ win team 2 years in a row and then Schaub regressed and we turned into a 2 win team.

If you don't believe QBs are the most important player on a team by a factor of 10 you don't know the new NFL.

We could build a wonderful defense and a great supporting cast on offense but Ryan Fitzpatrick is not going to win a superbowl. And anything short of that is settling for failure, again. If you go into a season with your upside at 8 wins what's the point?
There's not really a QB out there that for sure gives you what you are looking for. That's why they slid. Look at what happened in this draft.
Old 05-08-2014   #612
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There isn't one in next year's draft either. Are we going to wait around for the next GOAT to fall into our lap?

By this time next year Hundley Mariota Winston and Petty are all going to have their warts exposed and none of them are going to look like the next Andrew Luck. To look for the next Andrew Luck is folly. I'd be happy enough with the next Roethlisberger minus the rape, Russell Wilson, or Colin Kaepernick. None of them are as talented as Luck and the first two won bowls and one has been a contender.
Old 05-08-2014   #613
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
With everyone talking about Nix, the Texans will probably not pick him and instead draft a TE.
Nix is a good player and fills a need, but I wouldn't be pissed if I heard ASJ or Jace Amaro get called.
Old 05-08-2014   #614
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
There isn't one in next year's draft either. Are we going to wait around for the next GOAT to fall into our lap?

By this time next year Hundley Mariota Winston and Petty are all going to have their warts exposed and none of them are going to look like the next Andrew Luck. To look for the next Andrew Luck is folly. I'd be happy enough with the next Roethlisberger minus the rape, Russell Wilson, or Colin Kaepernick. None of them are as talented as Luck and the first two won bowls and one has been a contender.
Who said we had to wait for Luck? He specifcally mentioned Luck, so I responded about him.

I'm done. You guys are ****ing ridiculous.
Old 05-08-2014   #615
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:

Just keep building the trenches and eventually a GOAT will be kicked off his team and ask to sign with us and then... oh wait? That already happened? And we passed?
Old 05-08-2014   #616
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Who said we had to wait for Luck? He specifcally mentioned Luck, so I responded about him.

I'm done. You guys are ****ing ridiculous.
Wow, you're sensitive.
Old 05-08-2014   #617
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Just keep building the trenches and eventually a GOAT will be kicked off his team and ask to sign with us and then... oh wait? That already happened? And we passed?
Eh we'll find one eventually. No reason to be worried about the most important position in the game.

Superbowl winning QBs grow on trees.
Old 05-08-2014   #618
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wow, you're sensitive.
There's just no point in going round and round with a bunch of irrational "the sky is falling" people. It's ridiculous. It's been one round.
Old 05-08-2014   #619
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Eh we'll find one eventually. No reason to be worried about the most important position in the game.

Superbowl winning QBs grow on trees.

Or we can get them in the 6th round.

santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #620
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Either way, my point still stands. Do you want the next GOAT, or do you want a guy who can take you there? You might never find the first, but you are more likely to find the second.

That "wait till next year" stuff is bull****. All those QBs will have their stuff exposed and people we were talking about drafting next year will suddenly be unattractive.

Did we all already forget about Tajh Boyd, everyone's first rounder from last year?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read