Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 05-07-2014   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kiwi Draft 2014

Thought I would do down on record with my thoughts for tomorrow.

I want to trade down and I am probably not as demanding as most in terms of a return.

I'm going to throw two drafts up, one picking as we are and one picking with a trade down.

First with no trades.

Round 1 Pick 1: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
- He's been my guy from the start, not going to jump horse now.

Round 2 Pick 1: Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
- Fresh meat on the Defensive Line is a really pressing need, and Tuitt would look good opposite Watt.

Round 3 Pick 1: Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech
- Pass rush is another huge issue, so we address that next.

Round 4 Pick 1: Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
- The trash that we've had to fill in for and play next to Cushing has got to stop.

Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina
- If you had told me I was going to take a WR before an OL player a month or two ago I would of told you, you were nuts. But here I am picking up a dynamic slot weapon and big play threat.

Round 5 Pick 1: Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
- More fresh meat. Someone to rotate with Powe.

Round 6 Pick 1: Storm Johnson, RB, UCF
- This guy stood out more to me than Bortles when watching film. Not trusting Arian's return.

Round 6 Pick 5: Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
- I like Mitchell as a guy who can make plays on the ball.

Round 6 Pick 35 (COMP): Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska
- Go Big Red. Needed someone to add competition on the Offensive Line.

Round 7 Pick 1: Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech
- In the 7th why not take a wildcard. Doubt he lasts this long in the actual draft but you never know.

Round 7 Pick 41 (COMP): Gator Hoskins, FB, Marshall
- My pick as Mr Irrelevant. A versatile weapon of offense who can play FB, TE and H-Back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondly with a trade down with Minnesota for their 1, 2, 3 this year and 1st next year.

Round 1 Pick 8 (MINN): Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
- Still get my guy but without the premium and pressure of being 1:1.

Round 2 Pick 1: Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
- The no-mans land that is our DL is occupied by some premium beef.

Round 2 Pick 8 (MINN): Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young
- One of my favourite prospects in the draft. Really versatile tool for Crennel.

Round 3 Pick 1: Billy Turner, OT, North Dakota State
- Some competition for OL spots. Hopefully between a draft pick Williams and Q we can fill the gaps from last year.

Round 3 Pick 8 (MINN): Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood
- Need some help on the back end. Talented prospect.

Round 4 Pick 1: Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
- The trash that we've had to fill in for and play next to Cushing has got to stop.

Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Trai Turner, OG, LSU
- More OL help.

Round 5 Pick 1: Lamin Barrow, ILB, LSU
- Mostly insurance against Cushing getting hurt. Having to many good LBs in Crennels defense is not an issue.

Round 6 Pick 1: Storm Johnson, RB, UCF
- This guy stood out more to me than Bortles when watching film. Not trusting Arian's return.

Round 6 Pick 5: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State
- A weapon with big play potential. Need to add a bit more threat to the offense.

Round 6 Pick 35 (COMP): Rob Blanchflower, TE, Massachusetts
- A little more competition at TE can't hurt. We'll probably do quite a bit with TEs if OB lives up to his history.

Round 7 Pick 1: Calvin Barnett, DT, Oklahoma State
- More bodies for the DL.

Round 7 Pick 41 (COMP): Gator Hoskins, FB, Marshall
- My pick as Mr Irrelevant. A versatile weapon of offense who can play FB, TE and H-Back.

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2015 Round 1 Pick (MINN)
2016 Round 1 Pick
Old 05-07-2014   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiwi Draft 2014

I'm liking a lot of those prospects. Nice job.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read