Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Which of these would you be OK with drafting at 1.1?
Blake Bortles, QB Central Florida 11 17.46%
Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville 12 19.05%
Jadevon Clowney, DE South Carolina 40 63.49%
Khalil Mack, LB Buffalo 24 38.10%
Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M 24 38.10%
Greg Robinson, OT Auburn OR Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M 24 38.10%
Sammy Watkins, WR Clemson OR Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M 14 22.22%
Trade Down 47 74.60%
Other (post who, below) 3 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2014   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who would you be OK with drafting at 1.1?

Note: you can vote for multiple options.

I've seen lots of discussion to this point but I'm curious to see which of these options people would be OK with drafting at 1.1. Not who your favorite is, but which of these, if they came about, would you say "I'm happy enough."

For the trade down option, assume we get a little less than "fair" value for the number 1 pick. That is, the tradedown means we get an OK deal, but nothing that'll seem like a steal (for now).

Last edited by keyser; 04-27-2014 at 11:12 PM.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014   #2
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would you be OK with drafting at 1.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
I've seen lots of discussion to this point but I'm curious to see which of these options people would be OK with drafting at 1.1. Not who your favorite is, but which of these, if they came about, would you say "I'm happy enough."

For the trade down option, assume we get a little less than "fair" value for the number 1 pick. That is, the tradedown means we get an OK deal, but nothing that'll seem like a steal (for now).
I want Clowney or Robinson.

Trade down option would be great depending on compensation.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be "okay" with any because each has risk but offer potential. My preference would be trade.
Old 04-27-2014   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Clowney and absolutely no one else or anything else

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd prefer Watkins, Robinson, or Clowney at 1-1. I don't really like any of the QBs. If we can get a good deal, I'd be more than fine with a trade-down.

BUT.

Whomever the Texans pick, I'll get behind it and support it and hope for the best.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for JDC, Robinson, Mack, Bridgewater and Trade Down.

My preference is for trade down.
Old 04-28-2014   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I want Robinson because I think he'll help this team win more games than Watkins right off the bat.

I want Watkins because I think he's the best player in this draft.

I can understand if we pick Manziel, Clowney, or trade down.
Old 04-28-2014   #8
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel, Bridgewater, or trade down.

Won't be butthurt if we take Sammy Watkins or Bortles, will be butthurt if we take Clowney.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Trade down
2. Clowney
3. Mack
4. Watkins
5. Mathews
Old 04-28-2014   #10
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting note about this poll from earlier polls is the precipitous drop by Teddy and the rise of Jadevon.
Old 04-28-2014   #11
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Clowney, Manziel, Mack. Maybe Bridgewater, but his stock seems to be dropping.

Only against Robinson because spending a top-10 pick on a RT is idiotic.

Bortles is the only one that would get me butthurt.

Trade down would depend on the partner. Dropping to 6 with Atlanta was pretty much mean no Robinson, Manziel, or Mack.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been my opinion that Clowney is the best football player in this draft AND that the QBs don't wow me. Unless some great trade comes up, Clowney is my 1-1 and QB is addressed after that.

10 days away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #13
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

seems like everyone expect bortles and a WR.
but its either trade down or take clowney for most people to be happy
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #14
cameronkrazie86
Veteran

Rep Power: 91 cameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respected

Still prefer Clowney first and foremost. I'd also be happy with a trade down if it netted multiple first round picks. If they're going to pick a QB at 1.1 no matter what, then I'd prefer Manziel (though I can dream he falls to the 33rd pick).
cameronkrazie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #15
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh, didn't notice we could pick multiple until I was done. So I'll just list it:

1. Trade down is my favorite option. Rather enjoy the idea of multiple picks and don't see a QB I would really want at 1.1 but if we can't trade...

2. Clowney. Feel he is the best talent on the board so would go with him if we held the pick. Plug him in and have this defense keep us in games while the offense learns it's identity.

3. Manziel. A gamble I think but one that I think can pay off more than other QB's. He has the skills but some things he would have to develop and if O'Brien is the QB guru folks say he should be able to do wonders with Johnny's abilities...well...if Johnny continues to want to work at his craft like he has been doing.

With that said I have no issues with any of the players honestly so would support any unless they went completely left field.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Didn't notice the trade down option till after i voted, but i'd be okay with Manziel, Clowney, or Mack at 1.1
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #17
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool with any of the choices except Bortles or Bridgewater, but prefer to trade down if we get the right offer
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #18
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Who would you be OK with drafting at 1.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
1. Trade down
2. Clowney
3. Mack
4. Watkins
5. Mathews
Yep
Old 04-28-2014   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

1: Trade down
2: Manziel
3: Robinson
4: CJ Mosley (My "Other" vote)
5: Watkins

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014   #20
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Bridgewater, Clowney, or trade down.

I'm completely open to Bortles and Mack as well but would prefer to trade back before pulling the trigger.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read