Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-26-2014   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Greg Cosell 2014 Mocks

Greg Cosell's NFL Films "On The Clock" Draft Show Mock

Quote:
1. Texans -- Khalil Mack LB
2. Rams -- Johnny Manziel QB
3. Jaguars -- Jadeveon Clowney DL
4. Browns -- Sammy Watkins WR
5. Raiders -- Jake Matthews OL
6. Falcons -- Greg Robinson OL
7. Bucs -- Mike Evans WR
8. Vikings -- C.J. Mosley LB

9. Bills -- Justin Gilbert DB
10. Lions -- Taylor Lewan OL
11. Titans -- Anthoney Barr LB
12. Giants -- Eric Ebron TE
13. Rams -- Zach Martin OL
14. Bears -- Aaron Donald DL
15. Steelers -- Darqueze Dennard DB
16. Cowboys -- Ra'Shede Hageman DL

17. Ravens -- Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix DB
18. Jets -- Odell Beckham, Jr. WR
19. Dolphins -- Kelvin Benjamin WR
20. Cardinals -- Derek Carr QB
21. Packers -- Austin Sefarian-Jenkins TE
22. Eagles -- Marquise Lee WR
23. Chiefs -- Brandin Cooks WR
24. Bengals -- Kyle Van Noy LB

25. Chargers -- Bradley Roby DB
26. Browns -- Zach Mettenberger QB
27. Saints -- Jeremiah Attaochu LB
28. Panthers -- Donte Moncrief WR
29. Patriots -- Timmy Jernigan DL
30. 49ers -- Jason Verrett DB
31. Broncos -- Ryan Shazier LB
32. Seahawks -- Jace Amaro TE
--from the show
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greg Cosell 2014 Mocks

i'd take that.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Weird. Have the Rams given up on Sam Bradford? Why take Manziel when they really need help keeping Bradford on the field. I'd think they'd take Matthews or Robinson.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Weird. Have the Rams given up on Sam Bradford? Why take Manziel when they really need help keeping Bradford on the field. I'd think they'd take Matthews or Robinson.
Or Watkins. Give him some playmakers where he can do some damage, make defenses pay, he'll find it easier to stay on his feet.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they do go QB..... just not at the top of the first.
Old 04-27-2014   #5
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They're are probably ready to give up on Sam's salary.
Old 04-28-2014   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Bradford off their hands & all they got to do is swap #1's.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's a lot of speculation that they have given up on Bradford. But I can't imagine Fisher drafting another out-of-the-pocket QB from the great State of Texas.

I think they're the safest bet for Robinson or Matthews. They might take Watkins but that would be two top 10 WR picks in 2 years which is getting kinda iffy... although they DO need another receiver.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2014   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been out on a limb for a long time saying how high I am on Mack, Van Noy, and Moncrief. I trust Cosell more than I trust anybody else besides myself. I'm glad to see he agrees.

I do disagree with Hageman and Benjamin going that high though.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Derek Carr & Zach Mettenberger before TB and Bortles?... It goes against everything that everyone's been saying.....so it just might happen.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #10
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I'll take Bradford off their hands & all they got to do is swap #1's.
Texans cannot afford Bradford.
Old 05-01-2014   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I've been out on a limb for a long time saying how high I am on Mack, Van Noy, and Moncrief. I trust Cosell more than I trust anybody else besides myself. I'm glad to see he agrees.

I do disagree with Hageman and Benjamin going that high though.
Thats funny. I agree with Hageman (I think a 3-4 team will take him early) and Benjamin (raw elite talent in a pass happy league), not so much Van Noy (needs to bulk up) and Moncrief. I discussed taking Moncreif in round 2 or 3 though.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do disagree with... Benjamin going that high though.
I went back and rewatched b/c of Cosell. Still don't like his hands. Will be interesting to see how he pans out.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Thats funny. I agree with Hageman (I think a 3-4 team will take him early) and Benjamin (raw elite talent in a pass happy league), not so much Van Noy (needs to bulk up) and Moncrief. I discussed taking Moncreif in round 2 or 3 though.
Hageman and Benjamin both had all the tools to dominate in college and never did. That stands out to me.

Hageman flashed here and there but with his physical abilities he should have been killing people. And when I watch him he looks soft. A man that size shouldn't be so easily blocked.

Benjamin wasn't even the best WR on his team. Rashad Greene was way more valuable and he is younger and only 6-0, 175. Huge red flag.

Van Noy is a swiss army knife. I love versatile players. He can play in any system and do whatever you ask him. If your biggest worry about a guy is that he needs to add some weight then he must be okay.

Moncrief didn't necessarily dominate but he's been the best WR on the team all three years he's been there, and his stats would look better if Mississippi wasn't trotting out garbage QBs every year.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014   #14
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hageman flashed here and there but with his physical abilities he should have been killing people. And when I watch him he looks soft. A man that size shouldn't be so easily blocked.
Michigan probably had the worst O-Line in the country last year and were starting a freshman, redshirt freshman, and redshirt sophomore walk-on in the interior when they played Minnesota...........Hageman had 2 tackles.

I absolutely love the guy's athletic potential, but his lack of production is a huge red flag.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read