Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-04-2014   #121
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bob McNair: Texans won’t repeat mistakes we made with David Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Do you really think Smith will be fired after the draft?
I didn't think Casserly would be.
Old 05-04-2014   #122
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I didn't think Casserly would be.
Really? It was pretty much a forgone conclusion and assumed months before as mutual agreement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2440274
Old 05-04-2014   #123
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Really? It was pretty much a forgone conclusion and announced long before as mutual agreement.
Really? I don't recall that.

I remember being surprised because I thought he had weathered the firing storm.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014   #124
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, when you're right...

I didn't remember that report. Maybe I didn't believe it.
Old 05-04-2014   #125
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Really? I don't recall that.

I remember being surprised because I thought he had weathered the firing storm.
" Houston Texans general manager Charley Casserly resigned Wednesday, ending months of speculation that intensified in recent weeks after the team used the No. 1 pick to draft defensive end Mario Williams.

I thought it was a forgone conclusion that would end with his contract.
Old 05-04-2014   #126
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
" Houston Texans general manager Charley Casserly resigned Wednesday, ending months of speculation that intensified in recent weeks after the team used the No. 1 pick to draft defensive end Mario Williams.

I posted a link to a discussion of it in Texan's Talk as well.

That was from "rumormill" though and I guess I didn't give it any credence. I'd never heard of a team waiting until after the draft to fire someone. And as your quote says, it was just speculation.
Old 05-04-2014   #127
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you really think Smith will be fired after the draft?
I wonder if Smith is thinking about this?
Old 05-04-2014   #128
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I posted a link to a discussion of it in Texan's Talk as well.

That was from "rumormill" though and I guess I didn't give it any credence. I'd never heard of a team waiting until after the draft to fire someone. And as your quote says, it was just speculation.
I thought we all knew that Casserely was gone after the draft. It's why we were all saying that he would have nothing to do with the draft.

The guy was slobbering all over Reggie Bush. However Kubes and company went in another direction.

This is why I always laugh every time Casserely tries to take credit for drafting Mario Williams.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #129
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I thought we all knew that Casserely was gone after the draft. It's why we were all saying that he would have nothing to do with the draft.

The guy was slobbering all over Reggie Bush. However Kubes and company went in another direction.

This is why I always laugh every time Casserely tries to take credit for drafting Mario Williams.
Ahhhh... I know what happened.

I was living in the Dallas area and had only joined the Forums to get more information during the draft.

For the entire existence of the Texans up to that draft, I hadn't been a part of any forums and had just been a lonely fan up in Pennsylvania, out in California, and finally, up in Dallas. I wasn't around the Houston News or any of the websites or pages.

I was just following along on ESPN and Yahoo or whatever. So I was totally out of the information loop at that point. And so, for me, it was a complete surprise.
Old 05-05-2014   #130
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is true.

Heard Kiper just say it was the wrong choice, that Reggie Bush was the "world's greatest decoy" and would have made David Carr a better QB.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #131
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good article in ESPN The Magazine about David helping Derek out before his pro-day and during the draft process. David basically says in the article that he wished someone would have shown him how to prepare when he was first drafted, and that he didn't learn that until observing Eli. Now he wants to imbed that in his little brother. Preparation first and foremost. Seems he realizes that was one of his biggest deficiencies.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #132
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That drives me nucking futs!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #133
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tell me what's change and why does Smith still have a job?
Two part question:
Part 1: Can't answer this part until you specify a time frame. What's changed since WHEN? Since Dec. when Kubiak was fired? Since Feb. when the season ended? Since the last time we were 2-14 in 2005?

Part 2: Because McNair thinks Smith is doing a good job.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #134
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197817 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Two part question:
Part 1: Can't answer this part until you specify a time frame. What's changed since WHEN? Since Dec. when Kubiak was fired? Since Feb. when the season ended? Since the last time we were 2-14 in 2005?

Part 2: Because McNair thinks Smith is doing a good job.

It's amazing, isn't it, the kind of results you get flipping coins......
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #135
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Rick might have flipped the coins but it was Kubiak (and the other coaches) that decided whether to call heads or tails.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 05-06-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-05-2014   #136
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

EFF IT!!! I'm calling tails.........

Then again, I'm always looking for tail!
Old 05-06-2014   #137
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
EFF IT!!! I'm calling tails.........

Then again, I'm always looking for tail!
We've heard that about you...
Old 05-06-2014   #138
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Rick might have flipped the coins but it was Kubiak (and the other coaches) that decided whether to call heads or tails.
I don't think much has changed since Kubiak's firing. Like Kubiak, I believe that BOB has final say on the 53 man roster and like with Kubiak, Rick Smith is there to make sure that McNair's and BOB's requests and demands are carried out to their fullest.
Old 05-09-2014   #139
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we start something new with Derek Carr today?
Old 05-09-2014   #140
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Can we start something new with Derek Carr today?
If there is anything this year that would get this board close to its number of posters record, that would be it. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read