Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-25-2014   #21
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Flies Into Smelly Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Pretty good satire piece.

Is this true, though?

I hope so. Not a fan of the later draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Pretty good satire piece.

Is this true, though?

I hope so. Not a fan of the later draft.

Despite what Goodell is saying now in response to negative fan and media feedback, he loves that so many of the talking heads and the rest of the world propogate talking about everything the Draft. Next year, Radio City Hall is also already booked like it was this year.......not allowing the NFL Draft to be held there at its old time. I seriously doubt that they will change to foreign venues........another convenient excuse. And now a FOUR day event? I could hardly make it through last year's final picks.

Quote:
The NFL has their own version of an old idiom: “If it ain’t broke, keep fixing it.”The league moved back the 2014 NFL draft two weeks from April to May, and Roger Goodell told NFL Media’s Jeff Darlington on Friday that more changes could be in order for the 2015 event.

Goodell said the draft could be moved back to April next year, and that it might not be in Radio City Music Hall. He also said the NFL is considering making the draft a four-day event, though it would stay seven rounds.

ProFootballTalk reported that agents, and at least one general manager don’t like the draft being pushed back two weeks. There has been a long stretch from free agency to the draft.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014   #22
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131191 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever makes the NFL the most money, Goodell will do.
Old 04-25-2014   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Well.

I mean.

That IS his job, isn't it?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014   #24
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Poor Rick, doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground...........
Old 04-25-2014   #25
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I clicked on the link before reading it and knew it was a spoof as soon as I saw "onion".

I can't believe anyone thinks this is real or, if it was, that Rick Smith would be OK with being made a fool of.
hes lucky to still have a job. hed better be cool with it.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014   #26
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131191 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well.

I mean.

I'm just saying.
Old 04-25-2014   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well.

I mean.

LOL and MSR and other internet acronyms and stuff.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2014   #28
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

What if the joke makes Smith mad and he publicizes the Texans' draft intentions and then resigns?
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #29
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
What if the joke makes Smith mad and he publicizes the Texans' draft intentions and then resigns?
Then you accept his resignation and break out the "real" draft board.
Old 04-26-2014   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Quote:
Well.

I mean.

Silly me. I thought his job was to keep his customer base (the fans) happy and buying his product; not to continuously piss off his customer base.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Silly me. I thought his job was to keep his customer base (the fans) happy and buying his product; not to continuously piss off his customer base.
The draft & the combine...

I would think it would make the NFL a lot more money to move it to different venues every year. Have cities bid on them just like they bid on the Super Bowl.
Old 04-27-2014   #32
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The draft & the combine...

I would think it would make the NFL a lot more money to move it to different venues every year. Have cities bid on them just like they bid on the Super Bowl.
I think Goodell actually mentioned that idea. If I were he, I'd move it from Radio City since they kinda screwed the NFL around this year anyway. The NFL could make it a package with the Super Bowl or let the city that "came in 2nd" in the SB sweepstakes host the draft.
Old 04-27-2014   #33
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
I would be fine with this.

no chance
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think Goodell actually mentioned that idea. If I were he, I'd move it from Radio City since they kinda screwed the NFL around this year anyway. The NFL could make it a package with the Super Bowl or let the city that "came in 2nd" in the SB sweepstakes host the draft.
Lets see the draft has been at RCMH for many yrs on the last weekend in April and they just happen to schedule something the same weekend?

Or more likely, RMCH is running cover for God'ell's real agenda, moving the draft back to the TV sweeps week in May.
Old 04-27-2014   #35
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Lets see the draft has been at RCMH for many yrs on the last weekend in April and they just happen to schedule something the same weekend?

Or more likely, RMCH is running cover for God'ell's real agenda, moving the draft back to the TV sweeps week in May.
and the best part is that the event was cancelled due to lack of public interest. So can we call something a conspiracy when it is so obvious??
Old 04-27-2014   #36
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
and the best part is that the event was cancelled due to lack of public interest. So can we call something a conspiracy when it is so obvious??
I wouldn't look for the draft to be moved anytime soon as payback for RMCH running cover.

Your thoughts?
Old 04-27-2014   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Curious how last month RMCH announced that the entire 5 week run of the Rockettes show was cancelled........because it wasn't prepared to go. After a year on the schedule, a year to prepare, the show is not ready to go?????? Hmmm
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014   #38
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

I agree with John Clayton, Goodell is about to screw this up if he permanently moves the draft....

Quote:
When it comes to pushing back the draft, I wish that time would be spent reconsidering the move long-term. If there is a long-term change, it's a mistake to push the draft back to May. The thought is to move the 2014 draft from April 25 to May 8 or May 15, the 2015 draft to May 7 and the 2016 draft to May 7.

The problem is going to affect the coaches more than the fans. Fans would follow the draft if it were held in July. That's not the problem. The concern is preparation. Coaches in 2014 would have three fewer weeks to prepare rookies for training camp.

It's almost setting up a scenario in which many college coaches would be better suited to handle the NFL offseason than first-time NFL assistants. College coaches are accustomed to short preparation time. They have a limited number of spring practices and a short time before the start of the season to prepare the college players.

Look at the problems in 2014. Coaches would have a little less than a month to coach up the rookies. Under the current rules, rookie minicamps can be held during the first two weeks in May.

A May 15 draft would all but eliminate the rookie minicamps. Rookies would have to report to the OTAs and learn the playbook in a couple of weeks. Many of the final minicamps are held during the first two weeks in June, with a few going into the third week.

But by June 20, teams shut down for a month.
Stop trying to fix something that ain't broke Roger
Old 04-27-2014   #39
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its also unbelievable that the NFL needs basically 3 months from the end of their season and 4 months from the end of the college season to have a draft. The NBA drafts a week after the Finals and MLB has theirs in the middle of the season with no issues.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read