Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What will happen to Cushing regarding the coming season?
He will stay on the roster. 64 96.97%
He will be traded. 0 0%
He will be a June 1st cut. 0 0%
He will be cut earlier. 0 0%
He will retire. 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2014   #41
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing comeback

I didn't vote on this one. None of the options were "get drunk and call it a day" (<---wait.....reverse that) so I abstained.
Old 05-24-2014   #42
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

CSN Houston ‏@CSNHouston 22 May 2014
Quote:
How confident are you that Brian Cushing plays all 16 games for the Texans this season?

We'll use your best answers on SNC at 6 p.m.
Connor ‏@RedNationRally May 22
Quote:
@CSNHouston Very confident. He will do fine next year. #Texans
Ivan Leo Velasquez ‏@ikoolaid May 22
Quote:
@CSNHouston freak injuries took him Down I think he will play all 16 this year
Brian Hobbs ‏@bdhobbs1 May 22
Quote:
@CSNHouston not very confident, he's injury prone
YoTexan ‏@psychoman722 May 22
Quote:
@CSNHouston @leilarahimiCSN 100% Bo'b and RAC are redoing everything so @briancushing56 will be less of a target but more as a missle
S A Lee ‏@rockhorn May 22
Quote:
@CSNHouston @leilarahimiCSN - won't happen if you think the pattern from past 2 season continues. Take him out of games that are won early
John R. Hoge ‏@Guerilla3089200 May 22
Quote:
@CSNHouston Not at all confident. He reads the play, charges in, and just like last 2 seasons gets cut blocked at LOS
Brian Cushing ‏@briancushing56 May 22
Quote:
@CSNHouston pretty damn confident
Brian Cushing ‏@briancushing56 May 22
Quote:
@Guerilla3089200 @CSNHouston my apologies for playing hard Johnny
CHRIS ‏@LUCIOCHRIS May 22
Quote:
@briancushing56 @CSNHouston never doubt the man.
Sunil J. Chacko ‏@sjchac May 22
Quote:
@briancushing56 @CSNHouston Tell em #BullsOnParade
Kat Holsinger ‏@ktfletch01 May 22
Quote:
@briancushing56 @CSNHouston oh snap ;o)
Rob Blair ‏@RGBIII May 22
Quote:
@briancushing56 LETS FKKKING GO CUSH!!! #Texans
Tristan Taylor ‏@The_Tristan104 May 22
Quote:
“@briancushing56: @CSNHouston pretty damn confident”<- THE MAN HAS SPOKEN.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014   #43
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...a-c2f334f81b56
This is a fresh presser with Cushing talking about his return to the team and the field and he's just as vague and noncommittal as earlier in the year.
I was thinking that C&D thought there might be complications here and these latest remarks by Cushing do little to provide a definitive explanation about his progress, availability, or condition.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014   #44
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
...Newton seems like a great guy, but it's all about what's on film...
Yeah, have you heard Newton's interviews? The guy has about as much personality as an eggplant. Come to think of it, his play resembles that of an eggplant, as well.

Eggplant Newton (because "Fig" was too easy).
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014   #45
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian Cushing knows he’ll be ready for Week One; LINK

Quote:
Texans linebacker Brian Cushing said in April that he was cleared by doctors after the knee and leg injuries that ended his 2013 season, something that fit right in with coach Bill O’Brien’s stated expectation that the linebacker would be ready to go when training camp started.

The start of camp is drawing closer, but Cushing’s availability is a little cloudier. He said Tuesday that he wasn’t sure when he would be back on the practice field, which would seem to leave open the possibility that he’ll spend some time on the PUP list when camp does open. Cushing’s belief that he’ll be ready to go come the first week of the regular season hasn’t been shaken, however.

“I know I’ll be ready,” Cushing said, via the team’s website. “I know when it’s go-time, and I need to ramp it up and get on the field, I’ll be there.”

If a slower start to practicing makes it likelier that he’ll avoid another trip to injured reserve, it makes all the reason for Houston to tread lightly with Cushing. The last two years have been a medical nightmare for Cushing as he’s played just 12 games for a Texans team that has missed his presence in the middle of the defense and a threepeat would likely force the team to consider other options in 2015 and beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014   #46
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...a-c2f334f81b56
This is a fresh presser with Cushing talking about his return to the team and the field and he's just as vague and noncommittal as earlier in the year.

I was thinking that C&D thought there might be complications here and these latest remarks by Cushing do little to provide a definitive explanation about his progress, availability, or condition.
From 2 months ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Some HT.com quotes from OB:

REST OF THE QUOTES

A disconcerting response from OB on the Cushing question. Cushing was reported to have a fibula fracture with an ACL. "uncomplicated," this should be a 3 1/2 months max return to play........this is already 7 months. If a timetable for return is not over and done with, I have to be concerned that the injury involved more than an uncomplicated fibula and lateral collateral ligament (LCL) injury......in fact, that it may have somewhat affected/disrupted the ACL repair that he had undergone the season before in the same joint......or the injury involved the joint structures in some other manner. I hope OB's response carries a more benign explanation.
Here we are out 9 months already, and it appears that he is likely projected not to be taking the field sooner than the beginning of September.......11 months post injury. I am more convinced than ever that my previous impressions hold true. This was not just a simple LCL and uncomplicated fibula fracture. One thing also sticks very much in my head. Remember when we were making fun of Tania Ganguli for reporting the wrong injury??..........a "tibia plateau fracture" ????????? Makes me sort of wonder if that was an inadvertent "slip."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read