Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What will happen to Cushing regarding the coming season?
He will stay on the roster. 64 96.97%
He will be traded. 0 0%
He will be a June 1st cut. 0 0%
He will be cut earlier. 0 0%
He will retire. 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2014   #21
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86538 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing comeback

My bad y'all.
Old 04-17-2014   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

It is interesting how much slack certain players get. Newton plays injured and is dissed. Duane Brown cannot get on field and no comments. Cushing injured 2 seasons in a row and he is a hero. I love the guy but at what point do people begin asking why he cannot get on field. Is it due to severity of injury?
Old 04-17-2014   #23
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It is interesting how much slack certain players get. Newton plays injured and is dissed. Duane Brown cannot get on field and no comments. Cushing injured 2 seasons in a row and he is a hero. I love the guy but at what point do people begin asking why he cannot get on field. Is it due to severity of injury?
Probably has to do with the fact that Cushing and Brown were Pro-Bowl caliber players before injuries and Newton has always sucked. Cushing was fantastic earlier in the year coming back from ACL injury but got hurt again.

I think we all expect Cushing and Brown to play well next year. Just like we all expect Newton to keep on sucking. Good players get slack, bad players don't.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #24
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Poor comparison, imo. DB and Cush have proven they can, and have, been tops in the league. Newton has proven he can be one of the worst in the league. Newton seems like a great guy, but it's all about what's on film....and his film is not good
Old 04-17-2014   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Probably has to do with the fact that Cushing and Brown were Pro-Bowl caliber players before injuries and Newton has always sucked. Cushing was fantastic earlier in the year coming back from ACL injury but got hurt again.

I think we all expect Cushing and Brown to play well next year. Just like we all expect Newton to keep on sucking. Good players get slack, bad players don't.
I have posted comparisons (stats) between Brown & Newton based on year to year and Newton was very close.
Old 04-17-2014   #26
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87319 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Duane Brown hasn't missed much time at all and has played through injury. I don't think anyone is giving Cushing slack and I definitely think if he doesn't play almost a whole season this year that he should be cut after the season. But the options given in the poll are pretty silly since it's obvious he's going to be on the team for this season. Maybe a better poll would have been how many games he'd play (like kiwi said) or how effective he'll be this year. But it's basically like starting a poll asking if Arian Foster will be on the roster this year, will be cut, will be traded, or will retire. Stupid poll options.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #27
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have posted comparisons (stats) between Brown & Newton based on year to year and Newton was very close.
I'd love to see those stats if you still have them because I don't believe that. Brown has consistently graded out high on PFF the last few years and Newton has consistently graded out pretty low. Hell, Brown was named All-Pro by the AP and by PFF in 2011 and 2012.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2014   #28
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So he is injury prone because J Charles destroyed his leg with a low block?

C'mon man ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #29
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WTF? Brown missed 2 games last season. When did that become "cannot get on field?" Playing knicked up Brown was still good. Newton playing injured sucked even more.

Nothing is asked about why Cushing isn't out there because a blind one-armed aardvark with a Braille TV could see why he wasn't.
Old 04-17-2014   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Another poll that makes just as much sense ...

What will happen to water?

1. It will be wet
2. It will seem wet
3. It will appear wet
3. It will feel wet
4. We will all enjoy its wetness
5. It will become a car
6. It will play football
None of the above.
As is normal once we get past March, Houston temps will rise to 90 and above and once again water will return to it's more natural Texas form... humidity.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #31
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm already wondering what injury is going to take Cushing out, and during what game. We all know it's coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #32
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 5803 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Better poll would be what game do you expect Cushing to have his annual season ending injury.
Why don't you post a poll on that? Is it because you think it would cause some to imply that you have a personal vendetta against Cush?
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Had I known the vote would be this lop sided, I would have voted for something else just to see the posts about it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #34
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Why don't you post a poll on that? Is it because you think it would cause some to imply that you have a personal vendetta against Cush?
If I believed in reverse jinxes I might.
Old 04-18-2014   #35
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Infer. The word you are looking for is infer.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #36
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post

Mike
Easy.

You are suggesting that someone use correct grammar, and possibly even think before they post.

I believe that in the past, that has caused season ending message board injuries ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #37
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 5803 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Easy.

You are suggesting that someone use correct grammar, and possibly even think before they post.

I believe that in the past, that has caused season ending message board injuries ...
Infer would also be correct, meaning to conclude.
But imply is the word I wanted, meaning to suggest.
Some people might look up the words before they post.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #38
Lambert
Veteran

Rep Power: 6301 Lambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post

Mike
Could be imply, infer, think, believe, conclude, etc.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014   #39
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Assume??
Home team fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014   #40
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
What a terrible poll.
Agreed, hence, why I voted for his retirement.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read