Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 07-20-2005   #1
deftone
Rookie

Default NCAA Team

Over here in Scotland we dont get much College football so I dont follow a team. So basically who does everybody here follow? I am gonna start following the college game, just need to find my team!!
Old 07-20-2005   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I follow the Baylor Bears because I'm an alum. It's alot like watching a car wreck. Hard to turn away sometimes even though we get beaten badly. We're improving though, and becoming more competitive. I tend to watch the big college football games, or if there is a particular player with NFL potential that I'm interested in watching I'll watch a few of their games.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

The University of Texas will be fun to watch this year. They have one of the most talented teams in the nation and play a pretty tough schedule. Watch out for the Sept 9th game between UT and Ohio State, the October matchup of Texas vs. Oklahoma in the Red River Shoot Out, and Texas vs. a very improving Texas A&M team later in the season.

The star of this team is QB Vincent Young. He is a sight to see when he takes off to run!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Just please dont pick the USC Trojans. They have enough bandwagon fans as it is.

DC_ROCK's ideal picks,

Texas - One name, Vince Young.
Alabama - Have a good chance to make some noise.
South Carolina - New Coach, wide open offense.
Michigan - 2 young stars on offense. The big house.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

University of Houston

GO COOGS!!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #6
Panther5407
All Pro

Texas A&M

They were rated the 2nd loudest stadium in the nation (yes even over Tennesse, Michigan) and is truly a great experience. Reggie McNeil is the passing version of Vince Young pretty much, not as good running but much better passing. combine the two and you got unstopable force.

Anyways, A&M is a great team to follow. If you wanna help just route for any Texas College team really, Im sick of hearing that Florida and California have the best college teams cause of USC, Florida, Florida State and Miami.
Old 07-20-2005   #7
Dubble Trubble
Rookie

Univ of Miami

Now, the New Era begins.
Dubble Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2005   #8
MikeMc
All Pro

Quote:
Just please dont pick the USC Trojans. They have enough bandwagon fans as it is.
See also UTx, Miami, FSU, and any other team ranked in the top 10 for the past few years.

People like to be fans of winning teams, it makes it easier to talk trash if "your" team is winning.

Quote:
If you wanna help just route for any Texas College team really, Im sick of hearing that Florida and California have the best college teams cause of USC, Florida, Florida State and Miami.
Well, the stats & ranking don't lie. Maybe it is because their coaches do the most with the talent they have, unlike UT & A&M.

Last edited by MikeMc; 07-27-2005 at 11:28 AM.
MikeMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
The University of Texas will be fun to watch this year. They have one of the most talented teams in the nation and play a pretty tough schedule. Watch out for the Sept 9th game between UT and Ohio State the October matchup of Texas vs. Oklahoma in the Red River Shoot Out, and Texas vs. a very improving Texas A&M team later in the season.

The star of this team is QB Vincent Young. He is a sight to see when he takes off to run!
Sept. 10th, I'll be there cheering my Buckeyes on!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005   #10
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Since I am not an Alum anywhere, I basically cheer for any Big 12 Team, Houston Cougs, and Rice. If I had to choose one university I guess it would have to be Texas.
Old 07-27-2005   #11
MikeMc
All Pro

I rest my case. But UofH is YOUR HOME TEAM!
Old 07-27-2005   #12
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

Of course I support THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS! I am an alumni and now live in Austin (I LOVE IT HERE)!!
HOOK EM HORNS!

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
I rest my case. But UofH is YOUR HOME TEAM!
Even though I'm going to law school there, I can get excited about their sports teams
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005   #14
MikeMc
All Pro

Quote:
I am an alumni
Actually that is the plural form....the singular form is an Alumnus.

Yankee, I was speaking more to the one above, not belonging to any school (via attending or graduating).
Old 07-27-2005   #15
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

The University of Texas Longhorns
The University of Miami Hurricanes

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005   #16
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Texas State Bobcats... Div 1-AA all the way.

As for teams with an actual chance to accomplish something, I'd have to say Auburn. My dad went there for a year so he's a pretty big fan although he doesn't watch football on tv a whole lot. Also I grew up a UT fan (everyone took sides in elementary school) so they'd be up there as well.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #17
deftone
Rookie

Well I have decided I will follow UT. Does anybody know any good sites where I can get up to speed on the college game?
Old 07-28-2005   #18
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

For information on the Longhorns...check out www.bofz.net. Great message board!
Tell them LonghornBabe referred ya!

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #19
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

HOOK EM!

Horns 4 Life!
Old 07-30-2005   #20
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftone
Well I have decided I will follow UT. Does anybody know any good sites where I can get up to speed on the college game?
great, all Texas needs, more t-shirt fans

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read