Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NCAA Team

deftone

Practice Squad
Over here in Scotland we dont get much College football so I dont follow a team. So basically who does everybody here follow? I am gonna start following the college game, just need to find my team!!

texasguy346

Mod Squad
I follow the Baylor Bears because I'm an alum. It's alot like watching a car wreck. Hard to turn away sometimes even though we get beaten badly. We're improving though, and becoming more competitive. I tend to watch the big college football games, or if there is a particular player with NFL potential that I'm interested in watching I'll watch a few of their games.

Tailgate

Fall of Hame
The University of Texas will be fun to watch this year. They have one of the most talented teams in the nation and play a pretty tough schedule. Watch out for the Sept 9th game between UT and Ohio State, the October matchup of Texas vs. Oklahoma in the Red River Shoot Out, and Texas vs. a very improving Texas A&M team later in the season.

The star of this team is QB Vincent Young. He is a sight to see when he takes off to run!

Blake

MMQB
Just please dont pick the USC Trojans. They have enough bandwagon fans as it is.

DC_ROCK's ideal picks,

Texas - One name, Vince Young.
Alabama - Have a good chance to make some noise.
South Carolina - New Coach, wide open offense.
Michigan - 2 young stars on offense. The big house.

Texas A&M

They were rated the 2nd loudest stadium in the nation (yes even over Tennesse, Michigan) and is truly a great experience. Reggie McNeil is the passing version of Vince Young pretty much, not as good running but much better passing. combine the two and you got unstopable force.

Anyways, A&M is a great team to follow. If you wanna help just route for any Texas College team really, Im sick of hearing that Florida and California have the best college teams cause of USC, Florida, Florida State and Miami.

MikeMc

Rookie
Just please dont pick the USC Trojans. They have enough bandwagon fans as it is.
See also UTx, Miami, FSU, and any other team ranked in the top 10 for the past few years.

People like to be fans of winning teams, it makes it easier to talk trash if "your" team is winning.

If you wanna help just route for any Texas College team really, Im sick of hearing that Florida and California have the best college teams cause of USC, Florida, Florida State and Miami.
Well, the stats & ranking don't lie. Maybe it is because their coaches do the most with the talent they have, unlike UT & A&M.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Tailgate said:
The University of Texas will be fun to watch this year. They have one of the most talented teams in the nation and play a pretty tough schedule. Watch out for the Sept 9th game between UT and Ohio State the October matchup of Texas vs. Oklahoma in the Red River Shoot Out, and Texas vs. a very improving Texas A&M team later in the season.

The star of this team is QB Vincent Young. He is a sight to see when he takes off to run!
Sept. 10th, I'll be there cheering my Buckeyes on!

cap1

Rookie
Since I am not an Alum anywhere, I basically cheer for any Big 12 Team, Houston Cougs, and Rice. If I had to choose one university I guess it would have to be Texas.

MikeMc

Rookie
I am an alumni
Actually that is the plural form....the singular form is an Alumnus. :rolleyes:

Yankee, I was speaking more to the one above, not belonging to any school (via attending or graduating).

ledzeppelin229

Hall of Fame
Texas State Bobcats... Div 1-AA all the way.

As for teams with an actual chance to accomplish something, I'd have to say Auburn. My dad went there for a year so he's a pretty big fan although he doesn't watch football on tv a whole lot. Also I grew up a UT fan (everyone took sides in elementary school) so they'd be up there as well.

deftone

Practice Squad
Well I have decided I will follow UT. Does anybody know any good sites where I can get up to speed on the college game?

BradK10

Veteran
deftone said:
Well I have decided I will follow UT. Does anybody know any good sites where I can get up to speed on the college game?
great, all Texas needs, more t-shirt fans ;)

steve

Practice Squad
Eat 'Up 'Kats! I graduated from SHSU, so of course, I have a place in my heart for the Bearkats. But that is I-AA. The only two Division I teams that I pull for are the Ag's and whoever t.u. is playing.