Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-07-2014   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Surprise, surprise... McClain Mock

Johnny McClain's Mock 2.0
Quote:
1. Houston: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M.
2. St. Louis: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina.
3. Jacksonville: Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida.
4. Cleveland: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson.
5. Oakland: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M.
6. Atlanta: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn.
7. Tampa Bay: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M.
8. Minnesota: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Surprise, surprise... McClain Mock

lol 3.0 it will be Clowney....that way he can always go back and say "at one point I had ___________ mocked to the Texans, so I'm not surprised"
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #3
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain has said he has no clue who the pick will be and he will do different mocks with us taking different guys. He's admitted he's spit balling.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
lol 3.0 it will be Clowney....that way he can always go back and say "at one point I had ___________ mocked to the Texans, so I'm not surprised"
That's what they all do. That's why I pay more attention to people's rankings than their mocks. I know what our needs are, all I am interested in is the difference in opinion on the rankings of the prospects.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
McClain has said...he will do different mocks with us taking different guys.
My bad on the title, then. Problem is his stuff gets picked up nationally and turned into a big story... the he's on every football show known to man supporting his "spitballing" as truth.
Old 04-07-2014   #6
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
My bad on the title, then. Problem is his stuff gets picked up nationally and turned into a big story... the he's on every football show known to man supporting his "spitballing" as truth.
Wasn't calling you or your title out at all.

Just providing some additional info. McClain said he's going to do different mocks with us taking each one of the top guys because he has no idea who we'll take and at this point he doesn't think the Texans are 100% sure either.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Wasn't calling you or your title out at all.
Got that, was just owning my mistake.

Quote:
McClain said... he has no idea who we'll take and at this point he doesn't think the Texans are 100% sure either.
I've heard him multiple times on t.v. and radio shows around the country stating unequivocally the Texans will draft a QB at 1-1... without the qualifier you & I have heard from him on 610 locally. He makes himself the story, and isn't honest in the way he presents imo.
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2014   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Got that, was just owning my mistake.

I've heard him multiple times on t.v. and radio shows around the country stating unequivocally the Texans will draft a QB at 1-1... without the qualifier you & I have heard from him on 610 locally. He makes himself the story, and isn't honest in the way he presents imo.
Trust me when I say you are not the only one who feels this way.
Old 04-08-2014   #9
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see pundits (and using that term loosely with McClain because even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while) just produce ONE mock draft 2 weeks before the official draft. Make a list and stick with it. Anyone can do several mock drafts then think they're a genius when they see their pick go first.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Trust me when I say you are not the only one who feels this way.
And McClain's mocking Manziel to the Texans is at the top of the NFL AM show on NFLN.

Why do 3 or 4 "I don't know" hometown paper mocks for the 1st overall pick, except to raise the author's profile? Do local media guys get paid appearance fees for radio and television???
Old 04-08-2014   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I would love to see pundits (and using that term loosely with McClain because even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while) just produce ONE mock draft 2 weeks before the official draft. Make a list and stick with it. Anyone can do several mock drafts then think they're a genius when they see their pick go first.
Largely, the same reason that entertainment sections are always producing top 10 lists on everything, readers like them. The guys the produce and most of the people that read know that all of these are pretty meaningless, but the format is perfectly made for people to agree disagree and post in the comment section.
Old 04-08-2014   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And McClain's mocking Manziel to the Texans is at the top of the NFL AM show on NFLN.

Why do 3 or 4 "I don't know" hometown paper mocks for the 1st overall pick, except to raise the author's profile? Do local media guys get paid appearance fees for radio and television???
Normally, for a short segment (less than 10 minutes)they are not paid. If they have some weekly or regular segment that is normally paid.
Old 04-08-2014   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

for a football scribe this is one of those times where you are smart to saturate your market and raise your profile. McClain is smart to abuse his status even though us old timers find it redundant and put less and less weight on it each year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
He actually said on the radio just that , he would have a different guy at the top over the next few weeks so he could say "I had it right." Tho the statement was about the quarterbacks.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I think the national guys figured out people love it when they talk about Johnny Manziel, so they're going to talk about him regardless. McClain just gave them another excuse.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read