Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-19-2005   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Drew Rosenhaus Saves Drowning Boy

Quote:
Agent gives CPR to four-year-old pulled from pool
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

In the new logo that emblazons the front of the T-shirts often worn by the few employees of Rosenhaus Sports Representation, the "S" is large and exaggerated, reminiscent of the famous crest worn by Superman.

On Tuesday afternoon, for one imperiled toddler, NFL agent Drew Rosenhaus, who collects superhero figurines as a hobby, became a real-life Superman.

Orange County (Fla.) Police confirmed that Rosenhaus, acting quickly in a moment of crisis, saved the life of four-year-old Maurice Hill, who had essentially drowned in the pool at the Grand Floridian Hotel in Orlando. Rosenhaus administered CPR to Hill, who had no pulse when he was yanked from the pool, until paramedics arrived and took over the treatment of the youngster.

"He basically brought [Hill] back," said Cpl. Carlos Torres, public information officer for the Orange County Police Department. "The kid was gone and [Rosenhaus] saved a life. It's legitimate. Who knows how it would have turned out had he not been around? The guy was a hero today."

Said Cpl. Bob Leben, the deputy who commenced the investigation of the incident: "[Rosenhaus] certainly stepped up."

Hill was transported to Celebration Hospital, where police said he was listed in stable condition. Hospital officials did not immediately return messages, nor could the Hill family be reached. A spokesperson at the hotel also confirmed the events.

Rosenhaus was in Orlando for an appearance at the ESPN Club and to meet with some of his clients. He took a short break from business to honor a promise he had made, to take his girlfriend to the pool, when the incident occurred.

"When I was in high school, I was a lifeguard, and had learned CPR," Rosenhaus said. "In a situation like that, instincts kind of take over, I think. Let me tell you, this is the happiest day of my life. To save a little boy like that, who has his whole life in front of him, it's incredibly gratifying."
LINK

Can we still hate him though?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #2
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

good job drew
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I can't hate someone as a person when they do something like this.

Though I can still hate his way of screwing teams over.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #4
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Drew doesn't even have to go after players now.
They come to him
Daddy likes his money sense
Momma loves the hero story.
Old 07-19-2005   #5
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Looks like he might have to change his nickname from "the shark."
Old 07-19-2005   #6
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
Looks like he might have to change his nickname from "the shark."
No, word is, he still ate the boy later
Old 07-19-2005   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

sleaze?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2005   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
I can't hate someone as a person when they do something like this.
Sure you can still hate him. Knowing Rosenhaus he just saved that particular toddler because the demon he sold his soul to tipped him off that this kid was going to be a Hall of Fame QB someday. Also while giving him CPR he sucked the kids soul out. Rosenhaus just needs six more of them to get the necessary mystical seven souls and become all powerful in this dimension. If he does that then his reign will last a thousand years and he'll amass a fortune totalling the combined earnings of every first round draft pick in the history of football.
Old 07-20-2005   #9
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Hate is a wasted emotion. It only hurts the person holding it. You don't think Rodenthaus cares if people hate him do you. Anyway I commend the live-saving action.
Old 07-20-2005   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I don't think you can fault the guy for being good at his job...getting as much money as he can for his clients. His tactics are certainly questionable but it's hard to argue with some of his logic ("Why is is ludicrous for a player to hold out if he outperforms his contract yet it's okay for the owners to cut players at any time?").

But when you do something like this (saving the life of a 4-year old boy) and then consider the trickle down effect (I can only imagine how grateful I'd have been if it were my kid), then he gets a pardon in my book.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I guess even the Devil does good deeds from time to time.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

*This just in----Maruice Hill (who was saved by Rosenhaus on Tuesday) has opted not to return to T-ball practice becuase of lack of playing time at shotstop. Until a deal can be struck with the YMCA coach and new agent Rosenhaus, Maruice will not be returning for this weekends game against Gilston Elementary School.*
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #13
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
Hate is a wasted emotion. It only hurts the person holding it. You don't think Rodenthaus cares if people hate him do you. Anyway I commend the live-saving action.
Well said. I totally concur with that thought.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read