Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Is it time to part ways with Foster?
Yes 36 30.51%
No 82 69.49%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2014   #121
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What about FOSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
What do you not like about Blue? I think he could be the steal of the draft.
I hope you're right.

I probably haven't watched enough of him to make a fair assessment.
Old 05-22-2014   #122
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I hope you're right.

I probably haven't watched enough of him to make a fair assessment.
LSU was my college team until aTm made the jump to the SEC.

Very talented, big back. Torn ACL in 2012 and a deep pool of RB's at LSU affected his draft staus quite a bit.The guy reminds me a lot of Foster.
Player profile
Old 05-22-2014   #123
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LSU was my college team until aTm made the jump to the SEC.

Very talented, big back. Torn ACL in 2012 and a deep pool of RB's at LSU affected his draft staus quite a bit.The guy reminds me a lot of Foster.
Player profile
Thanks man, been trying to find as much on the guy as I can.
Old 05-22-2014   #124
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I am wondering about Foster too (worried is not my word of choice, but close).

Foster is coming off back surgery, and to tell the truth looked sluggish when he was healthy.

How does his running style fit the new scheme?

I hope he does great, and I don't think Blue is the answer if he falters.
I like Blue. He reminds me a lot of Eric Dickerson in stature and in that he runs "straight up." However, this leaves an RB totally exposed to injuries such as knee injuries since the knees are kept in extended locked position so much of the time. Blue has already suffered one ACL surgery. Even more worrisome for an erect running back the probability of repeated cervical whiplash when forcefully taking blows............just ask Eric. Dickerson had to have a large neck roll fashioned to stabilize his neck and protect it from whiplashing. A herniated disc in his lower cervical region forced his retirement, when he could no longer pass the Packers physical.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014   #125
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I like Blue. He reminds me a lot of Eric Dickerson in stature and in that he runs "straight up." However, this leaves an RB totally exposed to injuries such as knee injuries since the knees are kept in extended locked position so much of the time. Blue has already suffered one ACL surgery. Even more worrisome for an erect running back the probability of repeated cervical whiplash when forcefully taking blows............just ask Eric. Dickerson had to have a large neck roll fashioned to stabilize his neck and protect it from whiplashing. A herniated disc in his lower cervical region forced his retirement, when he could no longer pass the Packers physical.

Since you're always crapping on my heart and depressing me, can you at least prescribe me some happy pills? Hell, at this point I'd be good with a Happy Meal!! Still love ya though, Dr. Doom.
Old 05-22-2014   #126
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Since you're always crapping on my heart and depressing me, can you at least prescribe me some happy pills? Hell, at this point I'd be good with a Happy Meal!! Still love ya though, Dr. Doom.
Hey DocBar,

On the bright side, Dickerson had 6 GREAT years, 3 MEDIOCRE years and 2 POOR years in his career. In his 12 year career, he averaged 4.4 yds/carry..I think we'd all be happy if Blue could pull off close to that.
Old 05-22-2014   #127
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hey DocBar,

On the bright side, Dickerson had 6 GREAT years, 3 MEDIOCRE years and 2 POOR years in his career. In his 12 year career, he averaged 4.4 yds/carry..I think we'd all be happy if Blue could pull off close to that.
You mean the bright side isn't that Dickerson is in the HOF ? You suck as a motivational speaker, Jean.
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2014   #128
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You mean the bright side isn't that Dickerson is in the HOF ? You suck as a motivational speaker, Jean.

Rah, rah, kick 'em in the nuts! That better?
Old 05-22-2014   #129
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Rah, rah, kick 'em in the nuts! That better?
weeping.....weeping....I'm not happy with you. Any chance that you'll pour yourself a nice, hot cup of STFU?
Old 05-22-2014   #130
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
weeping.....weeping....I'm not happy with you. Any chance that you'll pour yourself a nice, hot cup of STFU?
That looks a lot like Tom Brady, btw...
Old 05-22-2014   #131
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I can take the hint, despite the subtlety of it all. Good night, Gracie!
Old 05-22-2014   #132
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I can take the hint, despite the subtlety of it all. Goracie!
lol. I'm known for that. Keep up the good work, doc.
Old 05-23-2014   #133
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Should foster be next to go?

A new HT.com VIDEO on Blue.
Old 05-25-2014   #134
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

He might be next to go.

The cat lovers will force his exit.

LINK
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014   #135
humblegeo
Veteran

Rep Power: 7738 humblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respected

If he hates cats them he can't be all that bad. I say lets keep him around for awhile longer.
humblegeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014   #136
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I think the better question should be...

Should he have been given that big money contract to begin with?
Only reason it is a question is because of his injury history now. When he got that contract he was the best all around RB in the NFL and was a elite top tier RB.

I guess you can argue if HBs should get that much money, but he was a elite player not to long ago.

I wouldn't get rid of him, only if he's not willing to take a cut and realize he's on the downside of his career. I have a feeling that BOB will be more interested in the RB stable rather than relying so much on one guy like Kubiak did any ways.
Old 05-27-2014   #137
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Kubiak ruined him in 2012 for no reason. He ran him into the ground while Ben Tate was at least moderately healthy riding pine. That will always be the most inexcusable thing Kubes did. Running him into the ground would be a wiser move like this year at least in the 3rd year of his contract when you see the end of Foster's tunnel.
Old 05-27-2014   #138
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont see why so many think Arian Foster is already on the down slide.

Earl Campbell took a beating and played 8 seasons

Barry Sanders more elusive like Foster 10 seasons

Eddie George a bruiser 9 seasons

The list goes on and on. The point is that Foster in his first season only started 2 games at the end of the season, and last year he only played half a season so he has only actually played in the NFL for 4 seasons. He did not tear an ACL didnt get his knee blown out. He had a back injury that i think wasnt really as bad as we think. The season was already lost so i think it was more pre caution than anything.

If Foster comes back healthy which i believe he will going from histories stand point he has 4-5 more middle to productive seasons.
Old 05-27-2014   #139
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I dont see why so many think Arian Foster is already on the down slide.

Earl Campbell took a beating and played 8 seasons

Barry Sanders more elusive like Foster 10 seasons

Eddie George a bruiser 9 seasons

The list goes on and on. The point is that Foster in his first season only started 2 games at the end of the season, and last year he only played half a season so he has only actually played in the NFL for 4 seasons. He did not tear an ACL didnt get his knee blown out. He had a back injury that i think wasnt really as bad as we think. The season was already lost so i think it was more pre caution than anything.

If Foster comes back healthy which i believe he will going from histories stand point he has 4-5 more middle to productive seasons.
The number of touches is what concerns me.
http://www.nfl.com/.../article/going...number-for-rbs

Can't go to the web page at work for some reason.
Old 05-27-2014   #140
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The number of touches is what concerns me.
http://www.nfl.com/.../article/going...number-for-rbs

Can't go to the web page at work for some reason.
yeah it isnt working for me either while sitting at home on my unemployed ass haha i will look up carries for each.

Eddie George - 2865... 9 seasons
Barry Sanders - 3602... 10 seasons
Earl Campbell - 2187... 8 seasons
Emmitt Smith - 4409... 15 seasons
Ladanian Tomlinson - 3174... 11 seasons
Edgerrin James - 3028... 11 seasons

FOSTER - 1131... 5 seasons

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read