Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-19-2014   #1
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Top 5 UDFA's Most Likely to Make Final 53

1. Max Bullough
2. Bryan Witzmann
3. Marcus Williams
4. Jason Ankrah
5. Austin Brown

Honorable mention

Travis Labhart
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 5 UDFA's Most Likely to Make Final 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
1. Max Bullough
2. Bryan Witzmann
3. Marcus Williams
4. Jason Ankrah
5. Austin Brown

Honorable mention

Travis Labhart
Good list steelb. I really liked what I read over the weekend about Travis Labhart's route running and getting into and out of his breaks crisply. Could Rick have found us a slot receiver?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hard to debate your top 5 Steelb, but for the sake of being contrary....

Here is my TOP 5:

Chris Boswell, K, Rice
Travis Labhart, WR, Texas A&M
Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State
Marcus Williams, CB, North Dakota State
Jason Ankrah, OLB, Nebraska
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014   #4
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Max Bullough ILB Michigan State
2. Julius Warmsley DE Tulane
3. Chris Boswell K Rice
4. Marcus Williams CB North Dakota State
5. Austin Brown DE Miami (OH)

This could be the end of Jamison.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014   #5
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113664 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see Labhart make the team, but I'm a biased ole' Ag. But seriously, route running slot receiver extraordinaire. Caught everything Manziel chucked at him. Reliable hardworking fellow from all accounts.

Also cheering for Bullough and Boswell.
Old 05-20-2014   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know who's going to make it and I don't have a lot at stake with these guys and I'm rooting for all of them to be great contributors, but... I'm REALLY hoping for great production out of:

1. Max Bullough, ILB (or at least SOME ILB)
2. Travis Labhart, WR (cause he's funny)
3. Chris Boswell, K (because K)
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't know who's going to make it and I don't have a lot at stake with these guys and I'm rooting for all of them to be great contributors, but... I'm REALLY hoping for great production out of:

1. Max Bullough, ILB (or at least SOME ILB)
2. Travis Labhart, WR (cause he's funny)
3. Chris Boswell, K (because K)
TPN, you're done with the beer can already? He came around to be pretty solid from around mid season though I readily admit he cost us/contributed to at least three losses last season. I don't have crystal balls, or even one but I'd sure hate to cut him loose and see him to go on and have a fantastic career with someone else.

I know, the flip side of that is he stays and his suckitude returns to thrive. My personal thought on this is O'Brien is serious about wanting competition at every position and the best, most consistent man wins. If he gets the yips again this HC has no allegiance to him and Chris Boswell or someone else is on speed dial.

The last thing I fear is O'Brien having a problem pulling the plug.

Promptly.

BTW, who's Lechler's competition??

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2014   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

Ray Guy.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I know. I was thinking about that. They should at least bring SOMEONE in.
Old 05-20-2014   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I know. I was thinking about that. They should at least bring SOMEONE in.
Why? Frankly bringing in "competition" for guys like JJ, AJ, etc. and talking too much about there being competition for every spot tarnishes the whole thing because everyone knows its a blatant lie.
Old 05-20-2014   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Why? Frankly bringing in "competition" for guys like JJ, AJ, etc. and talking too much about there being competition for every spot tarnishes the whole thing because everyone knows its a blatant lie.
Because if he gets injured or something, you should have some people you know that you can call and get them in here.
Old 05-27-2014   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Bester??

Quote:
The former East Mississippi Community College superstar was expected to immediately contribute in Oklahoma’s then-depleted wide receiver corps, but it didn't pan out for a variety of reasons, some personal and some beyond his control, like the sudden arrival and eligibility of Division I transfers Justin Brown and Jalen Saunders.

“I was out of shape,” Bester said. “I wasn't as ready as I should have been. That put me behind in the playing process. Then this year, I was just getting comfortable in doing what I wanted to do. Now it’s time to go.”

After his senior season ended, Bester went to California to work with former Pro Bowl quarterback Jeff Garcia, who said he believes Bester has the skills to make it in the NFL.

“I’m excited for Lacoltan,” Garcia said. “I hope that somebody really looks at what he was able to do in that final game against Alabama, once the quarterback situation got settled there at Oklahoma.

“You go onto a big stage like that against a great defensive football team, and there’s no reason that couldn't have been happening more often during the season. It’s unfortunate that it didn't, but hey, we can’t look back now. Gotta move forward and make the most of it.”
Old 05-27-2014   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Warmsley, Julius DE anyone know anything about this guy? Heard he's looked good.
Old 05-27-2014   #14
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Warmsley, Julius DE anyone know anything about this guy? Heard he's looked good.
I wish. I can't find any tape on him. Just heard what you've heard. He was 270 going into his senior season and now he's 300.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
I wish. I can't find any tape on him. Just heard what you've heard. He was 270 going into his senior season and now he's 300.
You can watch the New Orleans Bowl against Lafayette.
He looks stronger as the game goes along.
Did some good things, but it's hard to say with the lack of competition though.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read