Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-30-2014   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing workout video

http://www.csnhouston.com/texans/vid...during-workout
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing workout video

oooh and wow... then by game 7.. SNAP...

Sry, could not resist it
Old 03-30-2014   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I clicked the site but that was it. So Cushing posts himself working out once a week. I guess the guy needs attention? Strange.
Old 03-30-2014   #4
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

I just went back and watched both of the injury videos and I can say this:

I have never used steroids, I don't work out every day, I have drank a lot of beer in my life, eaten a lot of red meat and fried foods, do not sleep in some weirdass chamber like Cushing does, and if I were hit like he was in either of those videos I would likely never walk right again, much less play football and do the things he does. He gets much respect from me for his dedication to his trade and desire to come back from injuries that I see as totally not his fault in any way.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I clicked the site but that was it. So Cushing posts himself working out once a week. I guess the guy needs attention? Strange.
I've been a regular on a lot of weight-training boards over the years and this is kinda common practice with a lot of guys. Lots of guys post their thoughts after each workout and discuss the thought processes in how they put things together. In some forums, you can get a lot of great feedback and discussion.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

He looks much more human sized than he did when he was 'overtraining'.

You do have to respect the work ethic on him though.
Old 03-30-2014   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Lot of these guys who work out do need lots of attention, and often from themselves. For example, when I go to 24/7 to work out and I go to grab some weights to do a set, there's often somebody standing right in front of the big mirror where the weights are stored, intently watching themselves while they are doing maybe some curls, so consequently they are blocking access for me and others who just want to grab some weights, do something, and go on to the next stop in the gym. I'm often so tempted to say something like, "why don't you just go home and look at yourself in the bathroom mirror ?", but realize my
question wouldn't be too well received, so I say nothing.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2014   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've been a regular on a lot of weight-training boards over the years and this is kinda common practice with a lot of guys. Lots of guys post their thoughts after each workout and discuss the thought processes in how they put things together. In some forums, you can get a lot of great feedback and discussion.
Very good point, PN. I hadn't thought of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Lot of these guys who work out do need lots of attention, and often from themselves. For example, when I go to 24/7 to work out and I go to grab some weights to do a set, there's often somebody standing right in front of the big mirror where the weights are stored, intently watching themselves while they are doing maybe some curls, so consequently they are blocking access for me and others who just want to grab some weights, do something, and go on to the next stop in the gym. I'm often so tempted to say something like, "why don't you just go home and look at yourself in the bathroom mirror ?", but realize my
Those guys went to my gym too...lol.
Old 03-30-2014   #9
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 6836 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of times I like to look at my myself if I'm working because I like to see my form, but that is about it. I can live without seeing myself though.
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corytx8 View Post
A lot of times I like to look at my myself if I'm working because I like to see my form, but that is about it. I can live without seeing myself though.
This is true.

Watching yourself can help you keep stricter form.
Old 03-30-2014   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

And watching yourself as you're doing certain exercises can help you recruit specific muscles.

BUT.

That's not what IDEXAN was talking about. There are lots of guys (and girls) who get into a narcissitic sort of feedback loop at the gym. Generally bodybuilder types.

In my gyms, I like to have mirrors around me so I can verify things like form and depth. I've never missed a squat in competition because I cut it shallow, I've only ever gone TOO deep and then not been able to get out of the hole. Sometimes you can see yourself favoring one side or the other even though you don't feel like you're doing it. Seeing your form in those situations can help make sure you keep things balanced.

But that's a totally different sort of thing.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #12
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah let's hope no dirty piece of crap goes low to his knees again for the third straight year.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #13
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Yeah let's hope no dirty piece of crap goes low to his knees again for the third straight year.
It was just one of those fluke plays. Is Swearinger a dirty piece of crap for what he did to Keller?
Old 03-30-2014   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
It was just one of those fluke plays. Is Swearinger a dirty piece of crap for what he did to Keller?
You know, I wish I could answer that intelligently. I know the hit you are talking about, but right now I can't conjure up the replay in my head. I do, however, remember getting annoyed when one of the Austin sportscasters showed the clip saying, "Swearinger chose to take his knee out" (they don't like the Texans). Other than that I can't bring it up on my brain's monitor...lol.
Old 03-30-2014   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A lot of people thought he was.

But to answer directly, there are two hits in the discussion on Cushing. One was clearly dirty and was fined by the NFL. The other was unnecessarily low but legal - draw your own conclusion.
Old 03-30-2014   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Swearinger is a bit nasty, I think he looks to hurt people, but doubt he wants to injure people.
Old 03-30-2014   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Swearinger is a bit nasty, I think he looks to hurt people, but doubt he wants to injure people.
Now he just needs to learn to do more than just tackle. Covering the opposing receivers would be first on my list.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #18
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Perhaps, but Swearinger was taught to go low from multiple penalties in college and the NFL. If you start getting into the guys wallet eventually he's going to start going low. Even if it has dangerous ramifications to the opposing player.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #19
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
You could just go to a judgement-free zone like Planet Fitness. I don't think you'll have to worry about anyone there taking things too seriously, AND you can get free pizza and bagels.

It works both ways, you have the people that are serious about what they are doing in there, and others on their phones texting or playing Flappy Bird rather than workout. Or curling in the squat... for the love of all that is good on this Earth, don't be a douche and curl in the squat rack.
Old 03-30-2014   #20
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
A lot of people thought he was.

But to answer directly, there are two hits in the discussion on Cushing. One was clearly dirty and was fined by the NFL. The other was unnecessarily low but legal - draw your own conclusion.
Definitely draw your own conclusion on the most recent injury but I don't fault Charles for going low. He was giving up a lot of weight and Cushing had a couple of extra steps to accelerate. If Charles goes too high he risks getting blown up himself and a hit on his QB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read