Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2014   #61
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans making moves at safety (Clemens 2 year contract)

Quote:
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL

Chris Clemons two years for 2.7 mil and 450,000 guaranteed.

Rick Smith for GM of the year. He got rid of Sharpton, finally got us a real NT, was able to trade Schaub so that we get a pick for him instead of just cutting him, and now a great deal on a good FS.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #62
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FA S Chris Clemons(Miami) visiting Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Depends on if he's willing to restructure. I hope he does and I really hope we sign Clemons. That would give us a pretty deep Safety group.

SS - Manning / Swearinger
FS - Clemons / Lewis

Keo and Pleasant fight for a roster spot as a special teams ace and reserve safety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Or they draft a safety that's better than either of them. Which shouldn't be that difficult.
I could get behind this. If we drafted a backup S and a nickel corner our secondary looks drastically improved.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #63
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post

Rick Smith for GM of the year. He got rid of Sharpton, finally got us a real NT, was able to trade Schaub so that we get a pick for him instead of just cutting him, and now a great deal on a good FS.
Smith is also the GM that drafted Sharpton, never drafted a real NT, and gave Schaub the ridiculous contract. Let's just say he's righting some of his wrongs.
Old 03-28-2014   #64
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubiak was holding Rick Smith back.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #65
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I wouldn't doubt it. The Reed signing was purely on McNair.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #66
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm beginning to get really interested in his work atmosphere. Kubiak era vs now. This keeps up I take back much of what I said in the past.

Good signing.
Old 03-28-2014   #67
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Great signing. Very nice value, IMO.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2014   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans ask Manning to take pay cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Only if OD agreed to a pay cut. I love the guy for his past contributions, but OD was in decline.
As it stands right now, we're asking DMann to take a paycut. I'd rather be sitting here talking about asking OD to take a pay cut with DMann long gone than the other way around.

I'm perfectly fine going forward without either, but if I could pick one or the other..... OD has done a lot more for this team than DMann ever will.
Old 03-28-2014   #69
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I'm beginning to get really interested in his work atmosphere. Kubiak era vs now...
Good value FA signing that addresses weakness... something doesn't feel right.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #70
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 3761 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Quote:
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL

Chris Clemons two years for 2.7 mil and 450,000 guaranteed.

What has impressed me the most about the free agent signings so far is that Rick appears to have figured out how to sign them to fair market value.
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #71
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans ask Manning to take pay cut

Quote:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/2...e-in-safe.html
Quote:
Its just one reason that Pro Football Focus rates Clemons as the sixth-best coverage safety in football.

Something's not adding up. Like Maybe Gugliana is jumping the gun again & we've made him an offer that he's going to ask the Dolphins to match.
Old 03-28-2014   #72
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Smith is also the GM that drafted Sharpton, never drafted a real NT, and gave Schaub the ridiculous contract. Let's just say he's righting some of his wrongs.
That's why I said of the year (2014), not of the decade. I agree he's fixing some of his previous errors. It looks like Rick is getting better advice/guidance from O'Brien than he did from Kubiak. I also forgot about Fitzpatrick who I think can be a good but not great starter, or a great backup/mentor to a new QB. I've at least got hope for the future now because we're moving in the right direction, though we have a long ways to go.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #73
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Are people forgetting that OD failed his physical? Honestly I don't know much about Clemens, but from the fan reactions seems like a good pick up, so I'm fine with it.. hopefully Manning takes the pay cut, he has regressed some... but he's still a top tier safety, and under RC he could be used in a more aggressive manor
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #74
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, that was damn good value on that signing. Good show Texans.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #75
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have to remain somewhat guarded re. JJo going into this season.

Following the 2012 season, he underwent bilateral "sports hernia" surgery. He reinjured his groin mid December 2013, then 2 weeks later was placed on IR due to an acute "foot" injury, that actually led to "toe" surgery. What most did not pay much attention to is the fact that his original toe injury occurred in September 2013. He was never rested outside of being allowed a couple of "limited" practices. He continued to play on what is now evident to have been what I initially suspected........a Turf Toe......until the ligament/capsule finally tore entirely, thus requiring surgery. This year, one must ask if either the groin(s) and/or toe be injuries he can overcome........or will they remain a chronic performance-inhibiting problem, which both such injuries have such potential of becoming.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #76
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
I wouldn't doubt it. The Reed signing was purely on McNair.
And you know this how?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #77
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
And you know this how?
McNair kept talking about how the team needed "leadership" after losing to NE in the playoffs. How many FA have they sent McNair's private jet for? It was a dog and pony show.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #78
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I would have to remain somewhat guarded re. JJo going into this season.

Following the 2012 season, he underwent bilateral "sports hernia" surgery. He reinjured his groin mid December 2013, then 2 weeks later was placed on IR due to an acute "foot" injury, that actually led to "toe" surgery. What most did not pay much attention to is the fact that his original toe injury occurred in September 2013. He was never rested outside of being allowed a couple of "limited" practices. He continued to play on what is now evident to have been what I initially suspected........a Turf Toe......until the ligament/capsule finally tore entirely, thus requiring surgery. This year, one must ask if either the groin(s) and/or toe be injuries he can overcome........or will they remain a chronic performance-inhibiting problem, which both such injuries have such potential of becoming.
Very good question? One I suspect you've got a good idea of how things turn out for JoJo.

This is why I wasn't against cutting JoJo.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #79
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Danieal Manning agrees to pay cut/restructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
How many Clemson guys can we have on a roster?
I would rather have a lot from Clemson than Colorado State.
Old 03-28-2014   #80
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Danieal Manning agrees to pay cut/restructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
How many Clemson guys can we have on a roster?
Uhhh...., I believe that would be 53.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read