Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2014   #21
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FA S Chris Clemons(Miami) visiting Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Impressive. That's CB speed. But is there much remaining doubt now that Manning is gone ?
Back when the news was that Manning was taking a pay cut, I was surprised. Why would he take a pay cut so we could sign another safety?

Now that it's "Texans ASK Manning to take a pay cut", I'm thinking Manning is probably gone.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #22
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Danieal Manning agrees to pay cut/restructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter View Post
Well my prediction of manning getting cut was wrong, but I'm happy he is still a Texan!
Texans likely would have cut him if he had not taken a pay cut...

I don't know if it's done or not yet, so I think it's still possible.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #23
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans ask Manning to take pay cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Title edited to reflect this.
Old 03-28-2014   #24
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he refuses the pay cut and they just release him.
Old 03-28-2014   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
Agreed. I'd have rather kept OD.
Old 03-28-2014   #26
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans making moves at safety

o no Cernal does not like SWAGGG !!!! LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #27
_King_
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Agreed. I'd have rather kept OD.

I would've rather kept OD and let Graham and DMan go.

But I guess the Texans are going much younger.
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2014   #28
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43353 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Clemons visiting Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Manning has struggled the past couple years, for sure. I think Swearinger has some potential if he can become more than just a box safety. I guess I might be a bit surprised we aren't going after more front 7 type players. Maybe they are, I don't know.

It's strange both JJo and Manning had very good seasons their first year here, then dropped off a cliff afterwards. Injuries or whatev, they aren't worth what we're paying them, especially JJo
That was a recurring theme with previous coaching regime
Old 03-28-2014   #29
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would've rather kept OD and let Graham and DMan go.

But I guess the Texans are going much younger.
Daniels couldn't stay healthy and when a player who can't stay healthy carries the price tag he did he is usually the first to go.. I would've taken Graham over him as well. Younger tends to = healthier.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #30
_King_
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Daniels couldn't stay healthy and when a player who can't stay healthy carries the price tag he did he is usually the first to go.. I would've taken Graham over him as well. Younger tends to = healthier.
Was going to disagree.

But I can't.

You're right.
Old 03-28-2014   #31
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8095 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans making moves at safety

good move. can see all three of our safeties on the field quite a bit next year.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #32
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117928 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I liked Owen Daniels, but the above is 100% true.
Old 03-28-2014   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL

Chris Clemons ran a 4.33 40 at the 2009 Combine.

He was rated 19th/86 Safties overall in 2013 by PFF (>25% snaps) and 9th/86 in pass coverage.
Wasn't Miami essentially playing Clemons as a STRONG safety as opposed to a FREE safety???
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #34
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
How many Clemson guys can we have on a roster?
Aside from Hopkins, Watkins, and maybe this guy, how many others are there?

Old 03-28-2014   #35
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 129044 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

If we get Watkins to pair up w Hopkins, we have to get Boyd too!

Houston Tigers!

Here's a copy of the players we're targeting lol; LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #36
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91085 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Wasn't Miami essentially playing Clemons as a STRONG safety as opposed to a FREE safety???
I'm not sure. They locked up Reshad Jones to a four-year deal last year and he's listed at SS on every depth chart I've seen.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #37
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #38
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91085 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

Ricky Sapp

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #39
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I'd have to watch their games, but PFF shows him lining up as FS with Jones at SS for 2013. Jones is better vs. run, Clemons tops vs. pass so that makes more sense to me. But it gets blurry these days. I wonder if he becomes the slot CB with his size?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'd have taken Graham & OD... let DMann walk.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read