Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2014   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mock Mr. Irrelevant

Texans awarded the last pick in the draft also known as Mr. Irrelevant 41 (256) Houston Texans (compensatory selection). Texans owned the rights to choose Mr. Irrelevant back in 2011, selecting Rice DE Cheta Ozougwu, think he reached injury settlement shortly after camp began? Anyway here is more information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Irrelevant winner receives a cool week in Newport Beach, Paul Salata a former NFL receiver has announced the winner making selection in NY @ the draft podium every year since the 70's. In short it is a very cool, always fun time http://www.theundefeated.org/irrelev...relevant-week/

Thought it might be fun to discuss who the Texans will draft & try to mock him for a change to the #1 overall pick. Anyone up for this challenge?

With the 256th selection, the Houston Texans select - John Urschel, OG. Penn State 6-3 301

Quote:
The embodiment of a student-athlete, John Urschel was selected a first-team All-Big Ten guard and a first-team Capital One/CoSIDA Academic All-American® in 2012. Urschel enters his fifth-year senior season as arguably college football's premier student-athlete. Among the top returning offensive linemen in the Big Ten, Urschel's contributions to the Penn State football program stretch from his leadership in the locker room and on the field to his unrivaled success in the classroom. Penn State's 2012-13 Big Ten Medal of Honor recipient, Urschel is poised to be among the primary candidates for the William V. Campbell Trophy, presented by the National Football Foundation to the nation's top football scholar-athlete. A three-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree, Urschel graduated with a 4.0 grade-point average in mathematics in May 2012, less than three years after enrolling in the University. He immediately began working on a master's degree in math and graduated in May 2013 with a 4.0 GPA. Urschel has begun working on a master's in math education, with the plan of earning a Ph.D. after his football career has been completed. During the 2013 spring semester, Urschel taught a section of Math 041 -- Trigonometry and Analytic Geometry -- to Penn State undergraduate students three days a week in addition to his own academic work and football responsibilities. He also is doing research in multigrid methods and computational mathematics. The hard-working, strong and physical guard had a paper published -- "Instabilities of the Sun-Jupiter-Asteroid Three Body Problem" -- last spring in the journal, Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy. Urschel was named recipient of the Ernest B. McCoy Memorial Award, presented annually by Penn State for athletic and academic excellence, in April. The engaging and focused Urschel also is among the squad's most active members in community service activities. The Canisius High School standout opened the 2012 campaign atop the depth chart at right guard and started all 12 games. Following another superlative off-season in the weight room, Urschel will anchor the Nittany Lion offensive line in 2013. He is among the team leaders in the weight room, lifting 500 pounds in the squat. He will have an opportunity to become the 11th Nittany Lion to attain first-team Capital One/CoSIDA Academic All-America® honors twice, six of whom have been selected since 2006.
Certainly not Mr. Irrelevant, done so much & will do so much more but he is graded out in 7th rd. could say something similar about Trey Hopkins, Texas. A lot of great young men/football players slip through the cracks & become undrafted free agents just look at Arian Foster. My thinking would be if he does his former head coach, Bill O'Brian would push real hard for his guy!

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 03-25-2014 at 11:32 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #2
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock Mr. Irrelevant

Should of taken mark herzlich.
Old 03-25-2014   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he's there, BL, that's a good pick. I have him as a 6th rounder in the mock I am currently working on.

To answer the thread, I have Kent State's ILB Roosevelt Nix as Mr. Irrelevant. Might not test well, but the dude is a football player.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

TE Rob Blanchflower - UMASS, 6-4⅛, 256 lbs.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan Hewitt - FB/TE, Stanford

bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #6
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nikita Whitlock - FB/ILB, Wake Forest

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Carrington Byndom, CB, Texas

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2014   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm taking Marcel Jensen-TE from Fresno St.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #9
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 30145 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A&M - SEC

Kid from Texas - has even said he would like to be drafted by the Texans. Even BO'B has mentioned this guy, saying he is "exciting". If you can find some highlights to watch you will probably agree. Even people concerned about off-the-field issues might think he is worth a shot at 256.
Old 03-26-2014   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
TE Rob Blanchflower - UMASS, 6-4⅛, 256 lbs.
Hmm... not sure if this helps or hurts my chances of pegging Mr. Irrelevant?

Quote:
To recap a story from yesterday, I'm told 22 teams showed up at UMass pro-day primarily to watch Rob Blanchflower work out. Problem is, no one told Blanchflower, as the tight end is still recovering from a sports hernia and won't perform for scouts until the middle of April. There were a fair share of pissed-off scouts who either didn't get the message Blanchflower wasn't working out at pro-day, or never paid attention to it.
Old 03-26-2014   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Glenn Carson, ILB, Penn State

Need some depth at ILB, which I don't expect to be addressed early in the draft. Plus OB has been his coach for a couple years.
Old 03-27-2014   #12
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

JC Copeland, the Shutdown Fullback
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Glenn Carson, ILB, Penn State

Need some depth at ILB, which I don't expect to be addressed early in the draft. Plus OB has been his coach for a couple years.
That's a good pick, I could see that happening.
Old 03-27-2014   #14
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeff (Jeoffrey) Pagan - DE - Bama

He's one of the few 7th rounders/UDFAs I see that can possibly contribute to more than just Special Teams in their careers.

I do these things every year and a million people always find their day 1 starters in the 7th round. I learned a while back, Go For Speed and tackling ability because they're gonna be special teams only for the most part. This guy is my Golden Goose in the 7th round that I am breaking my rule for. I will likely be educated and go back to my original thinking after season's end though.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #15
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Kenny Guiton: QB, Ohio State

Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #16
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'm taking Marcel Jensen-TE from Fresno St.
I think Jensen has a huge upside in this offense. I think I mocked him in the 5th round of my draft.
Old 03-28-2014   #17
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I think Jensen has a huge upside in this offense. I think I mocked him in the 5th round of my draft.
I like him as well and wouldn't mind taking him in the 6th or 7th if we didn't have so many other needs to fill. He's got text book size, tall, long arms, big hands, etc... for the position and had good college productivity until his senior year when the team switched to a spread offense and didn't use the TE much. I think he fits what O'Brien wants in a TE and could be a steal in the 7th due to his poor productivity his senior year.
Old 03-28-2014   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Surprised a particular name hasn't been posted, yet.
Old 03-30-2014   #19
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Kenny Guiton: QB, Ohio State

You been listening to Kiper?
Old 04-07-2014   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Em Diggy just posted his Texan Mock Draft, selecting Mr. Irrelevant Nevin Lawson, CB Utah State. Graded 4th rd. by NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM. Have to watch rest of the vid to see how it all plays out, all I can say it would be excellent haul for Texans http://footballgameplan.com/inside-t...ouston-texans/

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read