Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-27-2014   #1
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Coon's all in mock.

I have been on the BPA at 1.1 and McCarron at 2.1 for a long time. After trying to tell my brother how far away from contention I believe we are I realized something. Manziel is the guy that gives us a chance to contend fast. He also is the guy that could have us picking a QB early in 2016. I say we grow some nuts and go for it. Here is my new mock

Rd.1 Johnny Manziel - QB -Texas A&M
Rd.2 Antonio Richardson - OT - Tennessee
Rd.3 Christian Jones - ILB - Florida State
Rd.4 Demarcus Lawrence - OLB - Boise State
Rd.4 Justin Ellis - NT - Lousianna Tech
Rd.5 Phillip Gaines - CB - Rice
Rd.6 Isaiah Crowell - RB - Alabama State
Rd.6 Russell Bodine - OG - North Carolina
Rd.7 Taylor Hart - DE - Oregon
Rd.7 Johnathan Dowling - S - Western Kentucky
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #2
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coon's all in mock.

Sorry, posted this in the wrong section. Feel free to move it to its proper place.
Old 03-28-2014   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like your picks 2-6, but I just can't get behind the Manziel at #1 pick. To me he's a low 1st at best who should sit for at least 1 yr. to develop. Also we have three 6th round picks, so fill another position.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I like your picks 2-6, but I just can't get behind the Manziel at #1 pick. To me he's a low 1st at best who should sit for at least 1 yr. to develop. Also we have three 6th round picks, so fill another position.
I can .... Not playing it safe here. I can get behind taking a gamble on the player with the biggest upside in the draft. I'd rather take that risk than settle for more mediocrity. You get one of two things , a pro bowl caliber QB or a guy who's out of the league in three years ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
I have been on the BPA at 1.1 and McCarron at 2.1 for a long time. After trying to tell my brother how far away from contention I believe we are I realized something. Manziel is the guy that gives us a chance to contend fast. He also is the guy that could have us picking a QB early in 2016. I say we grow some nuts and go for it. Here is my new mock

Rd.1 Johnny Manziel - QB -Texas A&M
Rd.2 Antonio Richardson - OT - Tennessee
Rd.3 Christian Jones - ILB - Florida State
Rd.4 Demarcus Lawrence - OLB - Boise State
Rd.4 Justin Ellis - NT - Lousianna Tech
Rd.5 Phillip Gaines - CB - Rice
Rd.6 Isaiah Crowell - RB - Alabama State
Rd.6 Russell Bodine - OG - North Carolina
Rd.7 Taylor Hart - DE - Oregon
Rd.7 Johnathan Dowling - S - Western Kentucky
If I'm going all in, I'd move that OG up to a 4th round selection & move your NT down to 6th. I don't think we need a Vince Wilfork to man the position this year. We just need someone to get between offensive linemen & Brian Cushing.

If you're sold on Quessenberry, I'd put another OLB there. If we're not going pass rush early in the draft, we need to stack the deck on our side with a plan B & plan C.

At the same time, I think McCarron gives us a chance to win, compete for the division, if you fix the RT, upgrade LG (Q maybe), & get some good insurance for Arian Foster (Andre Williams). But that's me & I only brought it up, because you did.
Old 03-28-2014   #6
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I can .... Not playing it safe here. I can get behind taking a gamble on the player with the biggest upside in the draft. I'd rather take that risk than settle for more mediocrity. You get one of two things , a pro bowl caliber QB or a guy who's out of the league in three years ....
That's where we differ, I don't see Manziel as the QB with the biggest upside in the draft, I think that's Bridgewater. To me, based on skill right now, Manziel is a 2nd round QB that will get over drafted because of the position that he plays. He improvises better than anyone in this draft but I don't see him as a pocket QB that reads defenses and picks them apart with his arm. I think Bridgewater has the athleticism, intelligence, and work ethic/drive to be better to carry this team.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
That's where we differ, I don't see Manziel as the QB with the biggest upside in the draft, I think that's Bridgewater. To me, based on skill right now, Manziel is a 2nd round QB that will get over drafted because of the position that he plays. He improvises better than anyone in this draft but I don't see him as a pocket QB that reads defenses and picks them apart with his arm. I think Bridgewater has the athleticism, intelligence, and work ethic/drive to be better to carry this team.
Yeah , we are miles apart. I think Bridgewater has the highest floor of the three making him the safest pick , but both of the others have a higher ceiling.

His arm just doesn't impress me much , he makes that noodle armed statue of a Schaub look like a cannon ....

Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2014   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah , we are miles apart. I think Bridgewater has the highest floor of the three making him the safest pick , but both of the others have a higher ceiling.

His arm just doesn't impress me much , he makes that noodle armed statue of a Schaub look like a cannon ....
Interesting. I would have ranked them Manziel, TB, Bortles in a pretty tight band with none of them being exceptional.
Old 03-28-2014   #9
coon
Veteran

Quote:

If we go safe I wouldn't take a QB in the first at all. I will post my other mock soon, It's pretty similar but there are a few differences.
Old 03-28-2014   #10
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

The safest picks in my opinion are DE, WR, or OT. They have a greater chance of contributing right away.

Any quarterback in this draft is a risk. Whether it's Bortles, Bridgewater, or Manziel.

But if I had to pick a qb with 1-1, I would pick Bridgewater.
santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Interesting. I would have ranked them Manziel, TB, Bortles in a pretty tight band with none of them being exceptional.
I have them : Manziel , Bortles , Bridgewater. The main difference is what I think their long term potential is.

Manziel could be a game changing talent , or he could be out of the league in three years.

Bortles could be a Rothlesberger type or he could .... the next Butt Fumble.

Bridgewater ..... I think he's Schaub lite. Not that Schaub at his best was bad .... but that he has many similar features , game manager without a big arm. On the low end , I think he's still pretty much stale Schaub Lite. The safe pick.

Old 03-28-2014   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have them : Manziel , Bortles , Bridgewater. The main difference is what I think their long term potential is....
I was talking only about arm strength.
Old 03-28-2014   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I was talking only about arm strength.
arm strength translates into throwing ball with enough air/touch to make all the throws, in the NFL. For some reason Russell Wilson dropped into the 3rd round but just look as his combine throws http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...son?id=2532975 Johnny Manziel is the closest comp to him & feel that is what most of us want. O'Brian will be smart & run a similar style offense as Seattle (run heavy) so Johnny will be handing off a lot to Arian & back soon to be named (Sankey would be awesome).

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read