Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-15-2014   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gosselin: How the Cowboys’ dynasty died late one night nearly 20 years ago

Gosselin: How the Cowboys’ dynasty died late one night nearly 20 years ago

Jimmy Johnson (L), with a concerned look on his face, walks past the Cowboy's locker room March 29, 1994, with Jerry Jones on their way to a news conference at Valley Ranch where Johnson announced that he would not coach the Dallas Cowboys anymore.
Quote:
It was 20 years ago this week.

At 5 in the morning on Tuesday, March 22.

Ed Werder and I walked out of a hotel lobby bar in Orlando following an all-night session with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. As we headed back to our rooms, we knew the end of the Cowboys dynasty was near.

Seven days later...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gosselin: How the Cowboys’ dynasty died late one night nearly 20 years ago

Jerry Jones' ego is as big as his wallet.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gosselin: How the Cowboys’ dynasty died late one night nearly 20 years ago

I like the guy in the comments section who says "I've heard that story 20 times and it never gets easier".
Old 03-16-2014   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

will the Texans ever be a dynasty

remember in 2009 I think some writers said we were the next NFL dynasty
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Jerry Jones' ego is as big as his wallet.
While this is true, if Jimmy Johnson's ego was more under control..i.e. winning more important than getting most or all of the credit, he could have made it work also.

I mean what these two missed was that Dallas was set to have a decade long run of dominance. I mean Barry Switzer got them the 3rd title.
Old 03-19-2014   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I think most of us here are very thankful to Jerry Jones. Without him the demise of the Cowboys may not have been possible.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #7
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Gosselin: How the Cowboys’ dynasty died late one night nearly 20 years ago

Jimmy Johnson (L), with a concerned look on his face, walks past the Cowboy's locker room March 29, 1994, with Jerry Jones on their way to a news conference at Valley Ranch where Johnson announced that he would not coach the Dallas Cowboys anymore.
was the day I stopped being a Dallas Cowboy fan....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-24-2014   #8
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
was the day I stopped being a Dallas Cowboy fan....
That was well after I stopped being a Cowboy Fan.

http://www.people.com/people/archive...119761,00.html
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Lifelong (theirs) here, but I can't imagine having two teams in Texas and the Cowboys still being a dynasty.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read