Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-06-2014   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2014 off-season schedule

houstontexans.com

Last edited by Playoffs; 05-06-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

houstontexans.com
Old 05-06-2014   #23
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Keenum looks like a high schooler next to Fitzpatrick.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Keenum looks like a high schooler next to Fitzpatrick.

Old 05-06-2014   #25
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Fitzpatrick working to learn Texans’ new offense

Texans' first minicamp day under O’Brien

Texans’ Mini-Camp: Culture Shock

Quote:
Voluntary Mini-Camp Day One

- It was Bill O’Brien‘s first day on the field with his new team and they hit the ground running. There was a hands on approach from O’Brien as he walked around to position groups and...

- Linebackers coach Mike Vrabel is a breath of fresh air and coached outside linebacker...

- Romeo Crennel is an interesting sight on the field. Full of smiles and shook hands with anyone and everyone he saw, but when practice started he was...

- All of the new free agents signed were at practice. Chris Clemons, Kendrick Lewis, Zach Potter, Paul Hazel, Ricardo Matthews, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jerrell Powe were just an indication on how much has changed in less than a year.

- Injured rookies from the 2013 season Alan Bonner and David Quessenberry were a full practice today. Both looked focused early to make a difference, and Bonner picked up from last training camp. Bonner was catching everything in his vicinity and started the young football season with a quality day.

- New tight end Zach Potter comes in at 6-7 and 269 lbs. and he is a big target at the position. Right now working with Garrett Graham and Ryan Griffin, Potter will be an interesting to watch. He looks like an offensive tackle with his height, but his movement skills do not make him look too big for the tight end position.

- Newly acquired safety Kendrick Lewis was a plug and play in the secondary and instantly made calls and helped line up players. Lewis who played for Crennel in Kansas City, looks much healthier than he did at Kansas City last season and was moving with ease.

- It’s early but running back Arian Foster looked...

-Ryan Fitzpatrick, T.J. Yates and Case Keenum dove into the new offense under O’Brien. Quarterbacks coach George Godsey was...

-Andre Johnson was absent from the first day of minicamp, but there should be no real reason for concern for it.

- Side note: The Texans have changed the offense to blue practice tops and the defense to white. Also the quarterback are in red jerseys.
Old 05-07-2014   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I like the look of that.
Old 05-07-2014   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Every year it's the same old thing. I read a bunch of stuff in the media and Texans Talk and I get all pumped up for the draft, pre-season and the regular season. Every regular season I get my heart torn out like an Aztec sacrifice.

Do I learn anything from this? No. Because every pre-draft and pre-season I'm back here saying the same $hit I said last year about being all pumped up for the upcoming season.

And I AM all pumped up for the upcoming draft and season. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2014   #28
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Every year it's the same old thing. I read a bunch of stuff in the media and Texans Talk and I get all pumped up for the draft, pre-season and the regular season. Every regular season I get my heart torn out like an Aztec sacrifice.

Do I learn anything from this? No. Because every pre-draft and pre-season I'm back here saying the same $hit I said last year about being all pumped up for the upcoming season.

Aaaah yes, that reminds me of the Christmases of my youth when I had dreams of a shiny new bicycle or a really expensive baseball glove or a full blown chemistry set (hey, I was a geek before there was a word for it, sue me) and I'd end up getting ugly sweaters and some socks or underwear.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #29
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

I feel this year is different. The energy is much better and we have some important pieces like Arian Foster and Brian Cushing nearing a 100 % healthy return. Knocking on wood of course.

I also love the coaching we have. We have a promising head coach which is in tune with today's creative playcalling and can make adjustments on the fly, an outstanding defensive coordinator who once won three Super Bowls in four years doing that same job, the best defensive lines coach in the game and a new linebackers coach which has so much passion, knowledge that can help our linebackers become the best in the game if they play with his type of heart.

All and all, I'm not saying to buy your Super Bowl tickets just yet but there is certainly a reason to feel optimistic and excited about the Houston Texans right now. Depending on how our draft goes starting tomorrow night, I believe this team should aim for the playoffs this upcoming season.
Old 05-07-2014   #30
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Quote:
#Texans Bill O'Brien very positive about the use of analytics as a tool. Some for draft, says will be ramped up in season for gameplans
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
O'Brien has reevaluated his assessment that the #Texans have no slot receiver, having gotten more time with the roster.

O'Brien spent some time post practice huddled with Rick Smith and Bob McNair. BOB said he meets with Rick daily. #Texans
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
O'Brien previously said he didn't see a slot WR on the team but said after a couple days sees some guys who have that ability. #Texans

O'Brien spoke very highly of Romeo Crennel. Remembered how tough it was to go against RAC's defenses when OB was in NE.
Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy
Quote:
Bill O'Brien was very engaging after practice today. He's im a good mood.
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Quote:
O'Brien plays his iPod playlist, mix of rap, country, rock, during minicamp. Says it's to help players learn to communicate on the field.
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
Quote:
O'Brien on tomorrow's practice & @nfl Draft: "It'll be a fun day. There has been a lot of preparation for both events." #Texans

"With all the QBs I've seen guys that are smart, really fun guys to coach. I can see improvement from meeting to meeting." -O'Brien #Texans

"To me, this is all about conditioning level, how they learn & how they compete out there." -O'Brien on vet minicamp #Texans
Old 05-11-2014   #31
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

When is rookie camp? It is before OTA,right?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #32
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
When is rookie camp?
Looks like Rookie Minicamp starts Friday, May 16.
Old 05-12-2014   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Bill O'Brien said there are no restrictions during Texans rookie camp. Said they can work them morning/day/night. Evaluate them in every way
Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant
Quote:
Brooks Reed (on if he'll move inside): I've been preparing to move there for the past 3 years. #Texans

According to http://nflshop.com Clowney jersey sales were #3 on hottest-selling over weekend. Not surprisingly, Manziel, Sam at 1,2.

Rick Smith says the #Texans will continue to look for players to make competitive roster. Some of undrafted FAs added had draftable grades.

Rick Smith says NT Louis Nix was a 2nd-round grade. Decided to get aggressive, make trade with PHI for pick when available near late 3rd.

Last edited by Playoffs; 05-12-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2014   #34
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

ok side note...

Would anybody be upset if O'Brien does what Denver did with their orange alt jersey and make the Battle Red jersey their home jersey?

probably look too much like the Chiefs and Cards but it would be kinda cool...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rookie Mini-Camp May 16-18

OTAs May 27-29, June 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 13

Mandatory Mini-Camp June 17-19
Old 05-16-2014   #36
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Texans start three day rookie minicamp today. They have 10 draft choices and 21 undrafted free agents.
Old 05-16-2014   #37
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any word on whether O'Brien will continue the tradition of holding fan-accessible training camp sessions?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #38
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 4m
Open locker room today for rookie camp. Rookies don't get real lockers until they make the roster. Not even the first overall pick. #Texans

Is this new?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 4m
Open locker room today for rookie camp. Rookies don't get real lockers until they make the roster. Not even the first overall pick. #Texans

Is this new?
Yes.

At least, I'm pretty sure it is.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #40
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

21 UDFA?

Is there a full accurate list anywhere?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read