Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2014   #21
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans sign safty Kendrick Lewis

I think Manning might get cut...
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #22
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not a starting caliber talent (as he proved in KC) but he's a viable 3rd Safety and an upgrade on Keo.

Depends on the financials, but on the surface I like this move. Manning, Swearinger, & Lewis is a pretty decent Safety group.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #23
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be joyous if Shiloh Keo gets cut.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #24
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans sign Safety Kendrick Lewis

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...endrick-lewis/
Old 03-21-2014   #25
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I think Manning might get cut...
I really doubt it. Without him, you're looking at an epically bad defense. He's off the books after this year anyway.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #26
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I really doubt it. Without him, you're looking at an epically bad defense. He's off the books after this year anyway.
What would be the difference, I think the Texans D has played more without Manning than with due to injuries.

This may be a June 1st cut
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #27
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
What would be the difference, I think the Texans D has played more without Manning than with due to injuries.

Would there be any difference if he were a June 1st cut or not? This is the last year of his deal.

But yes, Manning makes this defense better.
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2014   #28
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think Lewis is coming here to accept the role of a back up and I don't thing dj is going anywhere.

I think we save 4 mil this year if we cut manning.

This is a crennel guy. He's young. Probably will be competing with a rookie for starting FS spot.

Manning was injured, older and he wasn't even all that when he was playing.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #29
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Small upgrade at S depth. He's the third best Safety on this roster.

Hopefully this spells the end for Keo.
Keo goes back to his role as a st player
Old 03-21-2014   #30
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

I really don't see the point in doing a June 1st cut to a guy who has one year left on his deal.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #31
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe going FS in the 2nd or 3rd?
Old 03-21-2014   #32
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I don't think Lewis is coming here to accept the role of a back up and I don't thing dj is going anywhere.

I think we save 4 mil this year if we cut manning.

This is a crennel guy. He's young. Probably will be competing with a rookie for starting FS spot.

Manning was injured, older and he wasn't even all that when he was playing.
Agreed, Manning isn't "all that," but I would have to believe that he is better than Lewis at FS. Unless we plan on using the money Manning saves us this year, there's no point in cutting him.
Old 03-21-2014   #33
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed, Manning isn't "all that," but I would have to believe that he is better than Lewis at FS. Unless we plan on using the money Manning saves us this year, there's no point in cutting him.
Just looked and cutting Manning would save $4.5 million. Couldn't have gotten Byrd with that, but might get Thomas DeCoud.
Old 03-21-2014   #34
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Just looked and cutting Manning would save $4.5 million. Couldn't have gotten Byrd with that, but might get Thomas DeCoud.
Ehhhh, I don't know how worth it that would be, obviously depending on the contract. I don't expect to be competitive next year, so we are looking at a guy that is 30 when we start the 2015 season. I'm not against that move though.

Someone like Quin would be well worth it though. Oh yeah, we let the Lions do that deal.
Old 03-21-2014   #35
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...fensive-backs/

Scroll to bottom to find Lewis

Your man... Pots and pans
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #36
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Agreed! If anyone, Pleasant or Keo should be worried.
Definitely Keo.
Old 03-21-2014   #37
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ehhhh, I don't know how worth it that would be, obviously depending on the contract. I don't expect to be competitive next year, so we are looking at a guy that is 30 when we start the 2015 season. I'm not against that move though.

Someone like Quin would be well worth it though. Oh yeah, we let the Lions do that deal.
I expect the Texans to be competitive next in 2014. The team has talent. Not at every position, but what team does?

IMO, the coaching changes will help this team overacheive in 2014.
Old 03-21-2014   #38
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I expect the Texans to be competitive next in 2014. The team has talent. Not at every position, but what team does?

IMO, the coaching changes will help this team overacheive in 2014.
I sure hope so. We really need to nail this draft, and the rookies that were injured last season need to show out.
Old 03-21-2014   #39
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, there goes the cap!!!!!

Quote:
Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26

Free agent safety Kendrick Lewis gets a one-year contract from the Texans worth $795,000 which includes $100,000 guaranteed.

Makes it more likely Manning goes nowhere.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #40
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

He has to be better than Keo..... right?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read