Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Would you sign off on keeping Matt Schaub if the Texans drafted your QB?
Yes... let them compete in camp 33 49.25%
No... under no circumstances do I want to see Matt Schaub in a Texans uniform 34 50.75%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2014   #21
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you sign off on keeping Matt Schaub if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Related question:

If O'Brien thinks he can restore Schaub to a 2009 level of play and brings him (Schaub) back, does this make O'Brien an id!ot in your eyes?
No...

I liked Schaub when I went and saw him in that first camp. I was a big backer of Schaub...

But over the years I saw some things I didn't like. Some physical limitations that I don't think he could overcome based on the system he was in. I thought Kubiak should have given Matt more freedom. I thought Kubiak should have done some things differently with personnel over there. His play calling at times.

I'm a big fan of the ZBS system itself, but I think at times kubiak was too 'tight'.

I honestly believe that Keenum was too amped for Kubiak and that was part of the reason he collapsed on the sideline in that Colts game. The fake spike before half that led to the Dre TD I think was just too much for Kubiak to handle.

I think he naturally wanted pace...He liked the slow methodical approach and he molded Schaub into that guy.

Maybe Schaub is too far gone...I don't know...IF OB thinks there's something there I'd actually be ok with that. To at least let it play out.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #22
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79827 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
No, I think that'd be the right thing to do. I'm not most people though, and O'Brien is really gonna have to sell this to the fanbase. It can't be coming from McNair or anyone else.
A four game winning streak is all most fans would need to jump back on the bandwagon. But some would complain if we won the superbowl with him.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I honestly believe that Keenum was too amped for Kubiak and that was part of the reason he collapsed on the sideline in that Colts game. The fake spike before half that led to the Dre TD I think was just too much for Kubiak to handle.
Kubiak designed the play and either sent it in or approved it. Why would it be too much to handle?
Old 03-18-2014   #24
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Kubiak designed the play and either sent it in or approved it. Why would it be too much to handle?
I think Kubiak's loyalty to Schaub is what got him .

I think Kubes was pulling for Matt so hard he got twisted .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just meh on the whole QB situation, period. I don't think our QB solution's out there this year. I'd keep Schaub if he was willing to redo his deal, but there's no reason whatsoever he'd do such a thing.

In the end, I think we're QB-screwed for the next year or two
Old 03-18-2014   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is a waste of capspace. Sign Vince Young, Jason Campbell, Matt Cassel or some other vet min QB to take the snaps/hits for a season if that's all you need. I'm sure they would be happy to do it. Let Teddy or Blake or whoever sit for a while and learn the offense for a season, then try to win the division in 2015.
Old 03-18-2014   #27
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because it was an on field call to run it. I remember Dre talking about it and he said there was a signal that he gave Case and Case gave him the go ahead or something like that.

Not saying Kubiak didn't know it was coming...but I think that whole first half was like a shot of adrenaline and I think it culminated with an extra caffeine shot in that two minute drill with Case taking off and running and then throwing the fake spike to cap off the half for us.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2014   #28
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm just meh on the whole QB situation, period. I don't think our QB solution's out there this year. I'd keep Schaub if he was willing to redo his deal, but there's no reason whatsoever he'd do such a thing.

In the end, I think we're QB-screwed for the next year or two
Seconded on the bolded. If he wasn't so overpriced, probably wouldn't be such an issue.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #29
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

If OB thinks he can salvage Schaub or at least, use him as a stopgap, then I'm fine with that but he better be right about it or he's going to take a major credibility hit.

I'd prefer Schaub be converted into some other asset(s).

I'd prefer OB go with Yates, Keenum, and a draft pick, and work some sort of miracle with that. I'd prefer OB saying, "You know, I'm going to take control of that QB room and I prefer having younger guys so I can create the culture I want instead of bringing in someone from another culture."

I'd prefer Schaub be gone.

But like I said, I'll root for the best if he decides to keep him. So. I don't have any options to click in the poll because I don't really think either one sums up my feelings.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #30
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Schaub is a waste of capspace. Sign Vince Young, Jason Campbell, Matt Cassel or some other vet min QB to take the snaps/hits for a season if that's all you need. I'm sure they would be happy to do it. Let Teddy or Blake or whoever sit for a while and learn the offense for a season, then try to win the division in 2015.

I got it! Sign Vince Young and then draft Johnny Football first overall.

Old 03-18-2014   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

LOL - and keep Keenum as the other backup. It will be fan on fan violence of epic proportions.

Old 03-18-2014   #32
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL - and keep Keenum as the other backup. It will be fan on fan violence of epic proportions.

I don't know how many fans could handle that. The MBs and talk radio would be insufferable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have this mental picture of Chris Farley and George Wendt in Texans gear saying "Fans of Texans nation and all Texas universities must band together, to ensure that such a conflagration never takes place"

I want it to happen. I'm convinced it must happen. think about it. The Houston Texans are in the unique position to make sure that THE epic battle of Texas University man-crush QB's takes place. They can pick all three of them up (already got one actually) and let chaos break loose!

Old 03-18-2014   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Sometimes a change of scenery/staff is what a guy needs.
Sometimes a new coach is all that's needed. Look at Alex Smith.

Remember, we're still getting our QB (Kaepernick) of the future.
Old 03-18-2014   #35
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha this made my day

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #36
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
~Don't let facts get in the way of a good grudge. Once you've made a judgment, especially when you're wrong, STICK TO IT!!!~

Not a grudge. I shouldn't have explained a little more. Infantry covered me on that

Matt is mentally beat and as we saw last year. I dont think the team has confidence in him. Houston doesn't have confidence in him. If he had the mental makeup of a QB that could take over a game and beat you with his arm. I might be willing to think twice, but Matt's not that type of QB. Hasn't been the same since his 34ish Qb Rating in the Pro bowl.

#kubiakbelievesinyou was alive and well with Matt.
I also think a change of scenery would do him good. I can't imagine if he is in NRG
Stadium and throws his first pick and how the fans would react
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #37
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, but imagine the air time on all the football discussion shows on NFLN and ESPN the Texans would get!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #38
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #39
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53394 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Nope
^^^ This
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #40
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I am indifferent.

On one hand I am ready to move on from Schaub. Just deal with his dead money now, instead of letting it linger for another year and then still dealing with his dead money.
Concur.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read