Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-17-2014   #101
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Texans and Raiders in Serious Trade Talk for Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
1) They liked him when he was coming out of college.
2) They like the fact that he knows our new system.
3) They like the fact that he's worked with OB.
4) They like the fact that he hasn't shown any of the behavioral issues that were questions about him coming out of school.

I'm in the wait and see camp.
Exactly!

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #102
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
4) They like the fact that he hasn't shown any of the behavioral issues that were questions about him coming out of school.

I'm in the wait and see camp.
You sold me to PN, let's hope OB gets this guy.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #103
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
I wouldn't dismiss a player because he hasn't put up any significant numbers just yet. I remember suggesting we trade for Aaron Rodgers when he was just a backup to Favre & was repeatedly told he wasn't any good. In his first two years he went 15-31 for 111 yards, 1 int, 3 fumbles & 6 sacks in 5 games.

Brett Favre was traded to Green Bay after going 0-4, 2 int & 1 sack in two games his first year.

I'm not saying Mallett will even come close to these two players, but neither one of them did much coming off the bench either. Unless Brady gets hurt, Mallett will never see the field during a real game. He's got all the tools to be a starting QB in the NFL & he's even kept his nose clean in his first 3 years after all the college issues. If OB thinks he can do something with Mallett, I'm all for it.
I'm not trying to be dismissive, just not sold on him. He might be the next great thing. If Belichik would trade him for Yates, straight up, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Old 03-17-2014   #104
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm not trying to be dismissive, just not sold on him. He might be the next great thing. If Belichik would trade him for Yates, straight up, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
I wouldn't, based on their on field performance.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #105
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I wouldn't, based on their on field performance.
I would gamble on Mallet's potential vs. Yates' performance. Much more film on Yates. I just wouldn't plan on him becoming the Franchise.
Old 03-17-2014   #106
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Pats are willing to trade you Mallett then you know you're getting the shaft while Belichick is taking the elevator.
Old 03-17-2014   #107
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub just called, and he wants his "serious trade" thread back from Ryan Mallett. He especially liked the part where Exascor and Number19 were giving him a raise.
Old 03-17-2014   #108
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Bellicheck would trade for Yates straight up in a heartbeat. Why not? Yates won't see the field anyway.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #109
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22191 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Matt Schaub just called, and he wants his "serious trade" thread back from Ryan Mallett. He especially liked the part where Exascor and Number19 were giving him a raise.
I'm afraid it's likely Schaub won't get an answer until March 27, or maybe May 8.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #110
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Even Matt Schaubs threads get intercepted.
Old 03-17-2014   #111
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm in the wait and see camp
Yep.
I've learned to wait and see too.
the main thing I'm waiting for is to see if O'Brien actually goes after him.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #112
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Even Matt Schaubs threads get intercepted.

that's cold dude.

repped

tried to get Lucky too but got the MSR msg
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #113
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
You can see him here to know what he looks like without Gary.
Yeah..... No thanks. That's a little too close.
Old 03-18-2014   #114
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
If the Pats are willing to trade you Mallett then you know you're getting the shaft while Belichick is taking the elevator.
^
Now THAT'S an interesting way to put it. If he would trade Mallett for Yates, you know RM would have an undisclosed injury about as serious as a torn ACL.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #115
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm for any trade for one of Oaklands QB's. the reason is that other Sanchez thread is scarring the hell out of me.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #116
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Very interesting rumor if true; not sure I jump to the trade being a QB. Any decent player could be good especially if at one of our needs like ILB, DT, safety, nickle CB, RB, OLB,etc. I can see Raiders using first for another position and 2nd on a QB and allow MS to mentor for one year. Schaub could be released after 2014 if new guy ready. The trade could also be for a draft pick which would allow minimal $ to flow from Raiders' cap that does need boosting. Also if trade involves a player ($3-4 million range) Schaub's salary could be looked at as $6-7m.

I am praying for a Daryl Morey "T Mac" type trade especially if Browns get involved. We know Cleveland signed Tate and IIRC a WR free agent last week. They could ratchet up MS value.

For me, I hope Oakland gives us a third & Browns offer 1-4 & 1-26 for our 1-1. I'm thinking we could also be in running for trade with Vikings for #4 and get another second round pick. 8, 26, two seconds (our 2-1 could be traded down & we could still get Garoppolo).

Dreaming? Maybe but just maybe not.
Old 03-18-2014   #117
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Very interesting rumor if true; not sure I jump to the trade being a QB. Any decent player could be good especially if at one of our needs like ILB, DT, safety, nickle CB, RB, OLB,etc. I can see Raiders using first for another position and 2nd on a QB and allow MS to mentor for one year. Schaub could be released after 2014 if new guy ready. The trade could also be for a draft pick which would allow minimal $ to flow from Raiders' cap that does need boosting. Also if trade involves a player ($3-4 million range) Schaub's salary could be looked at as $6-7m.

I am praying for a Daryl Morey "T Mac" type trade especially if Browns get involved. We know Cleveland signed Tate and IIRC a WR free agent last week. They could ratchet up MS value.

For me, I hope Oakland gives us a third & Browns offer 1-4 & 1-26 for our 1-1. I'm thinking we could also be in running for trade with Vikings for #4 and get another second round pick. 8, 26, two seconds (our 2-1 could be traded down & we could still get Garoppolo).

thats very maddenish
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #118
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

in bold: I think for this scenario to play out, Manziel, if he is still the Browns guy, needs to have an awesome pro day and wow everybody in attendance. That way talks to flare up for the next month and a half about him being the #1 prospect, launching Cleveland into desperate mode...

otherwise they will just wait until the 4th pick...
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #119
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
in bold: I think for this scenario to play out, Manziel, if he is still the Browns guy, needs to have an awesome pro day and wow everybody in attendance. That way talks to flare up for the next month and a half about him being the #1 prospect, launching Cleveland into desperate mode...

otherwise they will just wait until the 4th pick...
Why I disagree: a great pro day will only help of course but Manziel's sizzle not from controlled play but how he does in chaos. His rep is he turns poop to fertilizer resulting in roses at he finish line. He handles team on the field & sidelines; pro day will not add or detract. If Browns' "leaked" interest in Manziel to mislead others as some suggested, why has that stopped? Seems like they would keep tooting he was their guy & hoped others bought it.

I remember getting blasted when I first mocked a trade with Cleveland & now it is common talk.
Old 03-21-2014   #120
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

From Adam Schefter

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...houston-texans

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read