Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2014   #421
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 57932 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Texans and Raiders in Serious Trade Talk for Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
That's just mean spirited.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #422
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Should the Texans Dr.'s have messed up Boselli/DDW's diagnosis. Shouldn't the Texans DR.'s said something to the front office about maybe not signing Schaub to that long term contract coming off of his foot injury? The Texans medical staff have more than the avg amount of screw ups on their resume and because of this if there's any doubt between 2 players they should always take the healthier of the 2 at the top of the draft.

These injured or talent but troubled picks should be made in rds 5-7 where there is less risk. (Example OT Matt Patchan is as talented as any OL in this draft but has a lengthy injury history, Crowell/Dyer have had legal troubles et....) These guys can play and are worth the risk.) Want a late rd TE with talent Lyerla/A.C.Leonard are guys that meet this criteria. S Give me Vinny Sunseri.

The only things that needs to happen for the Texans to become competitive again is.

1. Find a QB
2. Develop better draft philosophy, look at how the Pats/Denver/49ers/Seahawks draft and follow their patterns. (I've got very little faith in the Texans Org doing this)
3. Learn how to manage the cap better. Not giving big contract extentions to players coming off of major injuries.)
BTW, A wise man once told me that the Texans were never going to be built the way I want them. (Thanks Texan Bill) What remains to be seen is if the Texans can build a winner the way McNair wants HIS team to be built. (If he even cares about winning) The results have been poor at best to date. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #423
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
You'll survive...or cry yourself to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #424
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
BTW, A wise man once told me that the Texans were never going to be built the way I want them. (Thanks Texan Bill) What remains to be seen is if the Texans can build a winner the way McNair wants HIS team to be built. (If he even cares about winning) The results have been poor at best to date. IMHO
I can think of 5 teams that would have loved to have been us over the last 6 years.

Bills, Oakland, Rams, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Miami.... that's 6, off the top of my head.
Old 03-24-2014   #425
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome to the internet.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #426
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 8289 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so glad Schaub is traded... Now I can finally stop having nightmares every time I dream Texans. No more passing it short on 3rd and long, no more marching out crap ST coaches, no more ghost sacks, no more dead play on x and short because our one legged QB can't scramble for crap, no more guaranteed pick 6's each game he plays.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #427
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good guy Matt Schaub.

Had this posted on my facebook wall by a friend.
Old 03-24-2014   #428
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj3VphK9AMk
Old 03-25-2014   #429
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Not a Texans player.
Old 03-25-2014   #430
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
I am so glad Schaub is traded... Now I can finally stop having nightmares every time I dream Texans. No more passing it short on 3rd and long, no more marching out crap ST coaches, no more ghost sacks, no more dead play on x and short because our one legged QB can't scramble for crap, no more guaranteed pick 6's each game he plays.

Ya no other QB does that.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #431
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 57932 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
You'll survive...or cry yourself to sleep.
You're right of course. I'll survive with a good hearty laugh from reading your post.
Old 03-25-2014   #432
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I always substitute, "Not that there's anything RIGHT with that." every time I see those clips. Tolerance of evil is NOT a virtue.
Old 03-25-2014   #433
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Jesus H Christ guys, it's frigging football and we're football fans. Don't be so sensitive.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #434
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Jesus H Christ guys, it's frigging football and we're football fans. Don't be so sensitive.
You must be new here.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #435
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You must be new here.
Thorn is many things. New is not one of them.
Old 03-25-2014   #436
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Just my perception but I think Ric Smith blew this trade. Probably sounds silly but imo the value of something resides more in what the buyer values it. In this scenario, Oakland recently said Schaub can start for 3-4 more seasons. They got a starter (in their opinion) for a 6th as we did for Myers. I think the decision of Texans was just to move MS for whatever & go forward. For the record, I have been in favor of moving MS for years but don't like the feeling of getting taken. While I want every pick I can get, I probably would have cut him June 1st rather than take a 6th.

I think that Cleveland not taking a more publicly vocal role indicates they want Manziel. Of course I want then to want Manziel enough to trade for 1-1 so...
Old 03-25-2014   #437
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
For the record, I have been in favor of moving MS for years but don't like the feeling of getting taken. While I want every pick I can get, I probably would have cut him June 1st rather than take a 6th.
I don't follow the logic here at all.

You've got two choices: you can have a pick in the 6th or you can have nothing.

Having nothing because you think you should have gotten more is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Just take what you can get and get out.

In this case, that happened to be a 6th.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #438
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't follow the logic here at all.

You've got two choices: you can have a pick in the 6th or you can have nothing.

Having nothing because you think you should have gotten more is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Just take what you can get and get out.

In this case, that happened to be a 6th.
Yeah I know but as I stated, I would have held MS for longer & ended negotiations with Oakland; put the pressure on them. There was a third choice of waiting. We accomplished nothing significant as most 6ths don't make final roster. To me it should have been obvious that they really wanted him. Let's not forget they could have signed Fitz if they thought he was better than Matt.
Old 03-25-2014   #439
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We accomplished nothing significant as most 6ths don't make final roster.
Hasn't been the Texans' MO:

1 2013 6 176 David Quessenberry OL
2 2013 6 195 Alan Bonner WR
3 2013 6 198 Chris Jones DT
4 2013 6 201 Ryan Griffin TE
5 2012 6 195 Nick Mondek OL
6 2010 6 187 Shelley Smith G
7 2010 6 197 Trindon Holliday WR
8 2009 6 188 Brice McCain DB
9 2008 6 173 Dominique Barber DB
10 2007 6 183 Kasey Studdard G
11 2006 6 170 Wali Lundy RB
Old 03-25-2014   #440
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah I know but as I stated, I would have held MS for longer & ended negotiations with Oakland; put the pressure on them. There was a third choice of waiting. We accomplished nothing significant as most 6ths don't make final roster. To me it should have been obvious that they really wanted him. Let's not forget they could have signed Fitz if they thought he was better than Matt.
Who's to say they didn't hold out and maxed out their return with Oakland.. Nobody knows how the negotiations went down. And most 6th round picks make the final roster.. How many 6th round picks have we drafted that didn't make the final roster? With all the holes we have I can guarantee you this 6th round pick will make the cut.. if this pick is used on a player and isn't packaged in a deal to move up.

The Texans were lucky to get anything for Schaub.. everybody knew he was going to be cut.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read