Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2014   #401
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Texans and Raiders in Serious Trade Talk for Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
So ...

Old 03-23-2014   #402
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I just hope the Texans org learned something from last yr and don't use high draft picks on injured players.
Are you talking about Brennan Williams?
Quote:
Recovery from the subsequent surgery kept Williams from lifting Wednesday, but he ran the 40-yard dash in 5.20-seconds and recorded a 28.5-inch vertical and a 8-foot, 5-inch broad jump. With only 22 career starts, Williams is unpolished, but he shows intriguing athletic upside on tape and could wind up developing into a better player in the NFL than he was in college. Considering that ACC coaches recognized him with honorable mention accolades despite the fact that he missed a third of the season, that's saying something. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
The injury that prevented him from lifting at the combine & his pro-day had nothing to do with why we put him on IR. His knee was repaired prior to the season, he played seven games, then participated in the running drills & a physical at the combine...

He was recovering from a bum shoulder when we drafted him.
Old 03-23-2014   #403
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am still here, and will continue to be, no matter how hard you and you kind try to bully me into your way of thinking, or leaving. I gotta say, having one of the mods join in on the bullying is a real great way to tarnish the reputation of this board.
This board has a stellar reputation. And considering that you will apparently stick around, I guess you like it, too. Still, I'm skeptical regarding how much you will post here since Schaub and Kubiak are no longer with us. Your favorite topics at TT have been Schaub, Kubiak, and your virtual persecution. Not necessarily in that order.

Well, at least you'll always have the latter.

Go Texans!
Old 03-23-2014   #404
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Are you talking about Brennan Williams?
The injury that prevented him from lifting at the combine & his pro-day had nothing to do with why we put him on IR. His knee was repaired prior to the season, he played seven games, then participated in the running drills & a physical at the combine...

He was recovering from a bum shoulder when we drafted him.
There is a legitimate question on what the Texans did know or should have known on Williams. By his own statements he had been having knee problems for two years. The nature of the micro-fracture surgery was a flag for CnD because it meant this was a long time problem and one with a very high risk of never fully recovering. Now some do overstate it and assume the Texans did know or should have known but the question is legitimately there on what was their knowledge and thought process. Maybe he hid the problems. Maybe they fully explored them and the consensus was an ordinary surgery would suffice which was later proven wrong. Maybe they decided his upside was worth the risk. We don't know.
Old 03-23-2014   #405
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There is a legitimate question on what the Texans did know or should have known on Williams. By his own statements he had been having knee problems for two years. The nature of the micro-fracture surgery was a flag for CnD because it meant this was a long time problem and one with a very high risk of never fully recovering. Now some do overstate it and assume the Texans did know or should have known but the question is legitimately there on what was their knowledge and thought process. Maybe he hid the problems. Maybe they fully explored them and the consensus was an ordinary surgery would suffice which was later proven wrong. Maybe they decided his upside was worth the risk. We don't know.
SteelbTexan said he hopes we learned our lesson about drafting injured players with high draft picks, which is what I was referring to. If we're going to say we shouldn't draft guys with a shoulder injury who might develop a knee injury months later in camp, we might as well say we shouldn't draft anyone who might suffer a knee injury in the future.

But that's probably going to thin the list quite a bit.

Should the Texans do more due diligence on anyone with any injury history? Sure, why not.
Old 03-23-2014   #406
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
SteelbTexan said he hopes we learned our lesson about drafting injured players with high draft picks, which is what I was referring to. If we're going to say we shouldn't draft guys with a shoulder injury who might develop a knee injury months later in camp, we might as well say we shouldn't draft anyone who might suffer a knee injury in the future.

But that's probably going to thin the list quite a bit.

Should the Texans do more due diligence on anyone with any injury history? Sure, why not.
I knew what you were referring to and even referenced steelb myself with the "now some" sentence. You on the other hand are being too dismissive of this as a "might develop" injury. It was an existing injury. Williams has said so himself.
Old 03-23-2014   #407
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
SteelbTexan said he hopes we learned our lesson about drafting injured players with high draft picks, which is what I was referring to.
That would remove Clowney from contention because he's going to have foot surgery after the draft.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2014   #408
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 57086 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wow... impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This board has a stellar reputation. And considering that you will apparently stick around, I guess you like it, too. Still, I'm skeptical regarding how much you will post here since Schaub and Kubiak are no longer with us. Your favorite topics at TT have been Schaub, Kubiak, and your virtual persecution. Not necessarily in that order.

Well, at least you'll always have the latter.

Go Texans!
So I am only supposed to delve into topics you like, or you want? I am only supposed think like you think, or I am thick headed as another put it? Give me a break. And your final comment just exposes how insecure you are.

I mean why would I care if you or anyone else does, or does not persecute me on this message board? You think I am losing sleep or thinking about what you said about me 5 minutes after I leave this board? You have obviously convinced yourself of your own self importance, and that because of that, others are torn apart by your rapier wit and superior post count.

I don't live on this board, you do.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #409
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow... impressive

So I am only supposed to delve into topics you like, or you want? I am only supposed think like you think, or I am thick headed as another put it? Give me a break. And your final comment just exposes how insecure you are.

I mean why would I care if you or anyone else does, or does not persecute me on this message board? You think I am losing sleep or thinking about what you said about me 5 minutes after I leave this board? You have obviously convinced yourself of your own self importance, and that because of that, others are torn apart by your rapier wit and superior post count.

I don't live on this board, you do.
Just curious, do you ever post about the Texans or only attack other posters?
Old 03-23-2014   #410
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And your final comment just exposes how insecure you are.
"Go Texans!"? I thought it was positive and uplifting?

"All Aboard the O'Brien, Fitzpatrick Train", indeed.
Old 03-23-2014   #411
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you just said all of those over the top things, and then you go on about pontificating, or not being able to read or comprehend?

Never said anything about care bears, that is nothing more than your weak attempt to make yourself sound superior, and it's a pretty ****ty attitude if you ask me.

Name some specific examples of where people are saying the same things I am but not getting the same treatment. You can't. Don't try to pretend like it has anything more to do with the fact they are Schaub haters, and I am a Schaub supporter. You act as if I do not back up any of my posts with facts, or that other who might have similar opinions are some whack jobs who live alone in a cabin in the woods. It's just more BS that I least expected from you.

Are you these guys champions? Did you feel the need to step in and protect them from the harsh treatment I was giving them? Give me a break. I'm starting' to think you might have a superiority complex dude since some of your post towards some people are condescending, and arrogant.

If your skin is so thick, why are you so concerned with this? It would seem to me that someone of your superior intellect would not waste his time in this kind of drivel, but here you are pontificating away and then displaying the same characteristics you are railing on.

If you, or those handful of guys do not like my posts, then ignore them, but stop going out of your way to try to prove you d!ick is bigger than mine with some ignorant rant like this one.
"I hate it when people attack my opinions, waaah!"

Dude, grow a set and take some criticism. When you have a contrary viewpoint, and you're vocal about it, you better be able to defend it before falling into your martyr complex and acting all persecuted. Welcome to TT. If you don't like it, find another message board. No one is forcing you to post here.
Old 03-23-2014   #412
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 57086 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Just curious, do you ever post about the Texans or only attack other posters?
Oh crap!, you mean this isn't attackotherposters.com?

This is the kind of crap I am talking about. What does this members post have to do with the topic of this thread? Why is this thread still in the main forum? Matt Schaub has been traded in case you didn't hear.

Oh well, if you can't beat em', join em'

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #413
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Enough - get back on topic.

Matt Schaub's future can be discussed in the thread in the NFL forum.

His trade can be discussed here. Appreciation for him in that thread.
Old 03-23-2014   #414
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
It was an existing injury. Williams has said so himself.
After he started seven games as a senior, ran the battery of medical exams at the combine, & participated in all the agility drills at his pro-day.

I know what Brennan said about the issue with his knee, something he'd been dealing with before his senior season. But I can't find anything saying he had surgery to address it, or anything to suggest it should have been an issue of concern.

The fact that he underwent microfracture surgery to repair his knee was, I believe, the first sign that he was dealing with a chronic issue.
Old 03-23-2014   #415
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
After he started seven games as a senior, ran the battery of medical exams at the combine, & participated in all the agility drills at his pro-day.

I know what Brennan said about the issue with his knee, something he'd been dealing with before his senior season. But I can't find anything saying he had surgery to address it, or anything to suggest it should have been an issue of concern.

The fact that he underwent microfracture surgery to repair his knee was, I believe, the first sign that he was dealing with a chronic issue.
Injury does not have to mean surgery. Two years does equal chronic.

Quote:
chron·ic
ˈkränik/Submit
persisting for a long time or constantly recurring.
"chronic bronchitis"
synonyms: persistent, long-standing, long-term
Old 03-23-2014   #416
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Injury does not have to mean surgery. Two years does equal chronic.
That does not refute anything I said. I used the word chronic, because I know what it means. Go back & read everything you can about Brennan Williams, find something that mentions a knee issue. Then you'll have a point to support your claim.

Until then, saying we should have learned our lesson about drafting injured players because a chronic condition was discovered after the draft doesn't really jive when he was recovering from a shoulder injury at the time of the draft.
Old 03-23-2014   #417
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That would remove Clowney from contention because he's going to have foot surgery after the draft.
Which is why I would pick Robinson at 1-1 over Clowney. Even though C-N-D has said he doesn't think there's cause for concern of Clowney's previous injury history.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #418
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That does not refute anything I said. I used the word chronic, because I know what it means. Go back & read everything you can about Brennan Williams, find something that mentions a knee issue. Then you'll have a point to support your claim.

Until then, saying we should have learned our lesson about drafting injured players because a chronic condition was discovered after the draft doesn't really jive when he was recovering from a shoulder injury at the time of the draft.
Should the Texans Dr.'s have messed up Boselli/DDW's diagnosis. Shouldn't the Texans DR.'s said something to the front office about maybe not signing Schaub to that long term contract coming off of his foot injury? The Texans medical staff have more than the avg amount of screw ups on their resume and because of this if there's any doubt between 2 players they should always take the healthier of the 2 at the top of the draft.

These injured or talent but troubled picks should be made in rds 5-7 where there is less risk. (Example OT Matt Patchan is as talented as any OL in this draft but has a lengthy injury history, Crowell/Dyer have had legal troubles et....) These guys can play and are worth the risk.) Want a late rd TE with talent Lyerla/A.C.Leonard are guys that meet this criteria. S Give me Vinny Sunseri.

The only things that needs to happen for the Texans to become competitive again is.

1. Find a QB
2. Develop better draft philosophy, look at how the Pats/Denver/49ers/Seahawks draft and follow their patterns. (I've got very little faith in the Texans Org doing this)
3. Learn how to manage the cap better. Not giving big contract extentions to players coming off of major injuries.)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #419
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

So I hear Oakland is interested in trading for Schaub.
Old 03-23-2014   #420
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read