Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2014   #341
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Report: Texans and Raiders in Serious Trade Talk for Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I have no earthly idea what the Raiders are thinking. I just know that Schaub's gone, and it's time to get a new QB. The 6th round pick is just a bonus. And who knows? The Texans could strike gold. Great 6th round picks of our century:
Are you one of those who started counting this centure at 2001?

If we stretch it a bit (2000) we can include Tom Terrific. Wouldn't that be something if the Matt Schaub pick 6 turns into the next Tom Brady??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
please don't

please
Old 03-21-2014   #342
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
If my choice is Fitzpatrick at $3 million or Schaub at $14 million, I will choose Fitzpatrick every time. Schaub is a better QB. But he's not $11 million dollars better.
106 TD's and 93 INT's... are you sure about that? lol I can't stop laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I think Matt will do well in Oakland next year and wish him nothing but the best.

I wish we could have gotten to the SB with him, but we just weren't quite good enough. I certainly enjoyed being in the playoffs, and that 11-1 start to 2012 was a freaking blast. In the end, he weathered an unfortunate storm with class, imo.

Matt gave us some great years and I thank him for his time here in Houston.

And to get the 165th pick in this deep draft deserves some kudos, front office.

Classy post, repped.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #343
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76298 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If my choice is Fitzpatrick at $3 million or Schaub at $14 million, I will choose Fitzpatrick every time. Schaub is a better QB. But he's not $11 million dollars better.
After being in salary-cap hell for 2 years, the Raiders now have a salary surplus and need to spend like 95% of their cap for the next few years to meet the cap-floor. The dead money they had did not count toward cap expenditure, so now they HAVE to spend money. This is where Schaub's contract comes in, because with $25M still left to spend, Schaub was able to take a $10M bite out of that. Now, the Raiders are situated where they do NOT have to commit to picking any one position with the#5 pick, assuming they keep it and don't trade down.

The Raiders still have some $15M, and they apparently are in the running for Jared Allen (does he go to Seattle to pursue a ring, or Oakland to play for his favorite team growing up), and they will probably look at Vince Wilfolk if/when he gets released like he asked (June 1 cut?).
Old 03-21-2014   #344
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

So uh...someone should probably change the banner..lol
Old 03-21-2014   #345
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I think that argument would make more sense next year, since we're eating $10.5 M of dead money for our QB anyway... still too much of our cap allotted for the performance we're likely to receive. Schaub's better than Fitz & if we're talking $14.5M cap hit, or $13.3 cap hit, I'm going with Schaub. It's still more likely that he'll have a better year than Fitzpatrick.

But next year.... definitely take Fitzpatrick at $3M as opposed to Schaub at $16M. Even with the $7M of dead money, Fitz is cheaper at $10.3M
Old 03-21-2014   #346
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
There you are, the REAL Nitro...lol. Between you changing your name and somebody else using the Nitro in their board name I mistakenly thought I was talking to you earlier. It was a joke that I hope didn't offend you. Glad it turned out to be another person, though.

I have it coming from a lot of you.
I changed my name immediately after I bought the GSXR... which was back in January of 2011... over three years ago... but please indulge in my apologies for suddenly throwing the name change on you.

Thanks for your positive rep and comment but no I'm not going to neg you. I don't like to neg. What I will do is give positive rep to those who negged you. I'm going to start with Thunderkyss.

I'm not really looking for a Schaublem but I have no room for mean drunks. Enjoy your night, Showtime.

Old 03-21-2014   #347
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Are you one of those who started counting this centure at 2001?

If we stretch it a bit (2000) we can include Tom Terrific. Wouldn't that be something if the Matt Schaub pick 6 turns into the next Tom Brady??

Can't believe I missed that one. The greatest 6th rounder of all time. I won't allow myself to dream that big.
Old 03-21-2014   #348
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can't believe I missed that one. The greatest 6th rounder of all time. I won't allow myself to dream that big.
I actually thought that you ignored Brady because of the 10 year cut off and that pretty much he is brought up oh EVERY time late rounders are mentioned.
Old 03-21-2014   #349
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I changed my name immediately after I bought the GSXR... which was back in January of 2011... over three years ago... but please indulge in my apologies for suddenly throwing the name change on you.

Thanks for your positive rep and comment but no I'm not going to neg you. I don't like to neg. What I will do is give positive rep to those who negged you. I'm going to start with Thunderkyss.

I'm not really looking for a Schaublem but I have no room for mean drunks. Enjoy your night, Showtime.

Thunderkyss was joking! No rep!!...lol. He never negged me, the guy was kidding as I was with you.

Geezus man, mean drunks?? Uncalled for, IMO. But you have a nice night yourself.
Old 03-21-2014   #350
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
He might have meant me.

Hey that is a nice pic, and I agree he does look relieved, the beard is a good look if he is going to be in silver and black. Now all he needs is an eye patch and a hook for a hand.
He might as well have the eye patch (especially since he can't see which team he's throwing TDs to) and a hook for a hand, because he already has wooden pegs for legs.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #351
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9542 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub gets OAK 7-9 wins and we do the same too, and 7 teams make the playoff next season under the new format if approved, then We could meet Schaub in the playoffs at Reliant and he throws Pick Six in Overtime ..... Epic game!!!
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #352
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Not sure if I agree with that. The San Diego game showed he can still sling it and win. The question is not if he can still play at a high level, the question is, do you want to put all your eggs into his basket. Is this the guy that you want to count on to make an epic playoff run? And the answer to that question is hell no.
Proving you can "sling it for one game".. proves nothing. That became Schaub's problem over the last couple of years and CnD discussed this before. With his injury/condition.. he'll wear down over the course of the season and it'll show in his play.. then after the rest of the offseason, the breakdown will only happen faster the following year.

We all saw this play out during the 2012 season. Schaub came out on fire, but as the season wore on his play went off a cliff.. In 2013, his play and ability just diminished at a much faster rate. The guy is DONE.. D.O.N.E. Yes once in a blue moon he can have a San Diego.. "old Schaub'esque" type performance, but over the course of a 16 game season.. those games become fewer and far between.

For the Texans to salvage a pick for Schaub (a player they would've cut anyways) is a steal. Matt Schaub will take the Raiders NOWHERE if he's their main starter next season.
Old 03-21-2014   #353
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take the 6th rounder for Schaub. Hell, considering our situation that's a hell of a good deal.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #354
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
........to go along with his peg leg.........

Nitro,

REP coming your way. We all have to keep our humor to avoid going nuts during this team's major transitions.
damn beat me to it.
Old 03-21-2014   #355
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Way to go Rick, almost makes up for the Reed thing, almost.
Smith was also part of the decision to give Schaub that ridiculous contract extension. It's not all free beer and chili dogs for Rick.
Old 03-21-2014   #356
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Smith was also part of the decision to give Schaub that ridiculous contract extension. It's not all free beer and chili dogs for Rick.
Rick was The Man who gave him that ridiculous deal ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #357
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He might have meant me.

Hey that is a nice pic, and I agree he does look relieved, the beard is a good look if he is going to be in silver and black. Now all he needs is an eye patch and a hook for a hand.
Clubbed foot?

Thanks for all of the hard work you put in for the Texans org. It's greatly appreciated.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #358
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who knew that Marshall was the Raider's GM?

I have no earthly idea what the Raiders are thinking. I just know that Schaub's gone, and it's time to get a new QB. The 6th round pick is just a bonus. And who knows? The Texans could strike gold. Great 6th round picks of our century:

2012 Alfred Morris - RB - Skins - Has averaged over 1400 yards in his initial 2 seasons.
2012 Danny Trevathan - LB - Broncos - Starting LB for the AFC Champs.
2012 Blair Walsh - K - Vikings - All Pro as a rookie.
2011 Bryon Maxwell - CB - Seahawks - Really came on during the Seahawks run to the Super Bowl.
2011 Charles Clay - TE/FB - Dolphins - Has become a matchup nightmare for Miami.
2011 Jason Kelce - C - Eagles - Key component of one of the leagues premier offenses.
2011 Greg Hardy - DE - Panthers - Has developed into one of the leagues premier pass rushers.
2010 Antonio Brown - WR - Steelers - 2 time Pro Bowler is a fear multidimensional weapon.
2008 Pierre Garcon - WR - Colts - Nice small school find that became a solid contributor.
2008 Ahtyba Rubin - DT - Browns - Underrated player on what has become a good defense.

If the Texans could bag a player such as this, that would really turn a negative into a positive.
I think the Texans 6/7th rders haven't been that bad. Griffin/Keo/McCain. Ets see what Rick can do on his own now.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #359
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Bye Matty pick six.
Old 03-22-2014   #360
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85909 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
106 TD's and 93 INT's... are you sure about that? lol I can't stop laughing.
130 TD's and 84 INT's for $14 million. Are you sure about that? Now I can't stop laughing.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read