Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Would you sign off on keeping Matt Schaub if the Texans drafted your QB?
Yes... let them compete in camp 33 49.25%
No... under no circumstances do I want to see Matt Schaub in a Texans uniform 34 50.75%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2014   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Would you sign off on keeping Matt Schaub if...

If the Texans got your QB in this draft... regardless who it is. If you want Bridgewater, imagine we got Bridgewater. If you want Connor Shaw, imagine we managed to get Connor Shaw.

Would you be ok with him competing with Matt Schaub for the starting position?
Old 03-18-2014   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you sign off on keeping Matt Schaub if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If the Texans got your QB in this draft... regardless who it is. If you want Bridgewater, imagine we got Bridgewater. If you want Connor Shaw, imagine we managed to get Connor Shaw.

No, I have Garoppolo in 2nd round and think MS is psychologically kaput. We should take any offer Raiders or Browns offer. We have OBrien and a QB coach to train up rookie & Keenum.
Old 03-18-2014   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 03-18-2014   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do a lot of people seem to have like such a personal grudge mentality towards Matt Schaub ? OK, he had a terrible year and had a lot to do with us going 2-14, but some of you act as if it was all because of intentional acts by Schaub as if he actually wanted to sabotage our whole season ?
I doubt that he's around this Fall, but if the new HC surprises us, maybe even shocks us with a plan that includes Schaub this Fall, I'm with the coach.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schuab is Brad Lidge 2.0
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sick of Schaub. I want him gone. Period.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
No, I have Garoppolo in 2nd round and think MS is psychologically kaput. We should take any offer Raiders or Browns offer. We have OBrien and a QB coach to train up rookie & Keenum.
See, I'm here. I think that Matt Schaub is profoundly broken the way Jake Delhomme was broken. He's caught in a decision-making-death-spiral from which almost no one ever truly escapes without a complete change of scenery (and even then it's rare). This is Brad Lidge territory. This is time to move on territory. I don't trust Matt anymore. I think that's where the Texans were about the time Kubiak got fired and Keenum got told he would not be sitting down again barring injury.

Where they are today I don't know but we'd have to be drafting the successful clone of Troy Aikman for me to be OK with keeping Matt Schaub around. If anyone can get us out of his contract (I'd literally give them a 6th or 7th rounder to take him) then we should jump at that chance.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 03-18-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2014   #8
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
You do know Lidge came back and helped the Phillies win a WS ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
But he left Houston to get his mojo back and it was probably the best result for both.
Old 03-18-2014   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Need more polls...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #11
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Yes. For the right price. Otherwise I'm fine with Keenum and Yates.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I am indifferent.

On one hand I am ready to move on from Schaub. Just deal with his dead money now, instead of letting it linger for another year and then still dealing with his dead money.

On the other hand there is always the chance that Schaub can rebound from his horrendeous season in O'Briens offense with some new coaching. He is a vet who in theory could come in day 1 and really put some defenses on their heels.

But at the end of the day I have to think that the best option is to go with a new QB, let him get the experience of playing an entire season, while getting the cap in hand for a run in 2015.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Matt Schaub prays that you're right.
Lidge went on to the World Series with the Phillies while the Astros stayed at home and watched. He also made the All-Star team and was in the running for MVP once he got to Philly.

Yeah, I'm thinking Schaub hopes you're right.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #14
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
~Don't let facts get in the way of a good grudge. Once you've made a judgment, especially when you're wrong, STICK TO IT!!!~
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes a change of scenery/staff is what a guy needs. I don't see the harm in him competing, besides to the fanbase. Heck it could buy "the rookie" a month to better learn the system, playbook, and tendency of his teammates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #16
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on who it is. If it's Bridgewater then cut Schaub. If it's anyone else (Bortles, Garoppolo, Mettenberger, Murray, Fales, etc.) then keep him or replace him with a stop-gap vet. I'm not really into the whole throwing rookie QB's to the wolves thing. Bridgewater and Murray are the only guys that I think are mentally ready to start next year.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Related question:

If O'Brien thinks he can restore Schaub to a 2009 level of play and brings him (Schaub) back, does this make O'Brien an id!ot in your eyes?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #18
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

For the purposes of this thread...Yes, because I believe the guy I want is a franchise guy so if keeping MS meant we got that guy, why would I not be ok with it?

But...IRL, I really am just going to trust what OB does at this point...Well, not so much "trust", but I won't be so critical of it. Willing to just wait and see.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Related question:

If O'Brien thinks he can restore Schaub to a 2009 level of play and brings him (Schaub) back, does this make O'Brien an id!ot in your eyes?
Related Answer:

No, not at all. It just means we see things differently and I'll be pulling for him to be right. If it doesn't work out that way however and if we all watch Matt pick right up where he left off then I'll be terribly annoyed that what appeared obvious to so many of us wasn't seen by OB. I'll be frustrated because yet another year goes by and some of our better players don't have many of those left.
Old 03-18-2014   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Related question:

No, I think that'd be the right thing to do. I'm not most people though, and O'Brien is really gonna have to sell this to the fanbase. It can't be coming from McNair or anyone else.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read