Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-13-2014   #21
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28516 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reliant Stadium is Getting A New Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Bleh , I don't care .... I don't go to the stadium because of the stadium or its name. I kinda find all this corporate crap in sports annoying and adding cost to the consumers bottom line in an already overpriced market.
If you name the stadiums after the largest contributors to the builders of the stadiums, they would all be named Taxpayer Stadium. Just add the city to the front, Houston Taxpayer Stadium, Dallas Taxpayer Stadium, Washington Taxpayer Stadium, etc. When do we stop subsidizing the playpens of the wealthy?
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #22
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106402 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reliant Stadium to be renamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Thank God it's not NGR!
Hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #23
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Now we need to come up with words for the acronym.

Right now, judging how we played last year, I got:

Not Really Good
Old 03-13-2014   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you name the stadiums after the largest contributors to the builders of the stadiums, they would all be named Taxpayer Stadium. Just add the city to the front, Houston Taxpayer Stadium, Dallas Taxpayer Stadium, Washington Taxpayer Stadium, etc. When do we stop subsidizing the playpens of the wealthy?
Taxpayers aren't contributors. They are financiers. They don't end up out any money on the deal. The real benefit to having city finance rather than bank finance is with the city's involvement (prior to a crappy S.Ct. decision in Kelo) they could exercise eminent domain.
Old 03-13-2014   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
NRG???? Wasn't that a club back in the day that had different bars (all in one in one club) with different themes??

SORRY!! That was back in the days of "X" or more specifically "ecstacy".....

ALLEGEDLY!!!

Man, that rings a bell! Now that you mention it, my foggy memory of that era vaguely recalls being there at some point...details still tricking in....

Although, I was more about rock and roll, so Backstage, Hurricane Alley, Deep Phat, the Abyss, Millennium, and of course the last one standing, Fitzgeralds, were all regular haunts. There are most likely other names that I don't remember right now, but these come to mind.
Old 03-13-2014   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Man, that rings a bell! Now that you mention it, my foggy memory of that era vaguely recalls being there at some point...details still tricking in....
Mid '80s thru ? - 901 N. Shephard.
Old 03-13-2014   #27
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Although, I was more about rock and roll, so Backstage, Hurricane Alley, Deep Phat, the Abyss, Millennium, and of course the last one standing, Fitzgeralds, were all regular haunts. There are most likely other names that I don't remember right now, but these come to mind.
I remember 6400 and Power Tools

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2014   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Mid '80s thru ? - 901 N. Shephard.
yeah, back then it was all about chasing girls and the party...although I can't dance to save my life. I feel like Elaine on Seinfeld when I have tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

oh yeah! I remember the names, but not the places themselves.
Old 03-13-2014   #29
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
yeah, back then it was all about chasing girls and the party...although I can't dance to save my life. I feel like Elaine on Seinfeld when I have tried.
I liked Rhino Room because you could play pool instead of dance...and still chase girls.
Old 03-13-2014   #30
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NRG???? Wasn't that a club back in the day that had different bars (all in one in one club) with different themes??
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Been there, danced to that, got the 2 am kickout. 6400... Lizard Lounge...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

Quote:
I liked Rhino Room
All fine establishments (also Numbers, Ocean Club, Red Square, Samís, etc.) but we easily spent the most time at XCESS.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Good lord, it's a pack of mid forties guys who went from girls to games.
Old 03-13-2014   #32
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Been there, danced to that, got the 2 am kickout. 6400... Lizard Lounge...

But back to topic, I guess "perpetual house of sadness" has been cornered by the Browns
That's "Factory of Sadness" if you please.

I feel so sorry for those people.
Old 03-13-2014   #33
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 111743 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. So many choices in Houston back in those days. As far as R&R clubs in Austin we had Sneakers on N Lamar and that was about it!
Old 03-13-2014   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thank God it's not NGR!
Quote:

Wait!! What???? No Cardis?? errr, there was a period of "Thunders", no? C'mon MAN!! I once, twice saw or multiple times have seen "Diamond Darryl" there!

RIP Mr. Abbott!!

Even when they were playing "covers" as a "glam band", Darrell was bringing it!!!

I don't remember the "Abyss" though I'm sure I have stared into it, a bunch!!!
Old 03-14-2014   #35
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they retain Schaub as our QB it's going to be called

NR
Old 03-14-2014   #36
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they retain Schaub as our QB it's going to be called

NR
Old 03-14-2014   #37
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
House of Dread

Quote:
And now, introducing your 2014 Texans...

GDamnit! - who ordered the freaking vegetarian pizza?

...Okay...this...this is funny. Rastafarians are on thier own PLANET man, although they'd probably order a Vegan pizza.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #38
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

ALLEGEDLY!!!

Sounds like Red Square. It was downtown and they had a dance floor for seemingly EVERYTHING. I used to LOVE Bayou Mama's. Women outnumbered guys and it was BEAUTIFUL! I hated Pete's Wild Life though. It was cool at first then became a freakin' coke den.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #39
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:

ALLEGEDLY!!!

If it were up to Bill he'd name the stadium

REO-La Field
Old 03-14-2014   #40
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28516 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Taxpayers aren't contributors. They are financiers. They don't end up out any money on the deal. The real benefit to having city finance rather than bank finance is with the city's involvement (prior to a crappy S.Ct. decision in Kelo) they could exercise eminent domain.
Except that it isn't true. They designate Hotel taxes to pay off the bonds they finance making them contributors since those same revenue sources could be used in the general fund.
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read