Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-19-2005   #1
da.texans
Rookie

Default Tenessee with Mcnair and travis henry.....

will they cause any problem for usthis year? cause i saw alots our fan consider us to sweep titan again this year.....the travis deal kinda get me a little worry
da.texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #2
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

He is just one man. I would honestly be more fearful of the things that McNair can do. Henry would take the heat off of the QB though, so there may be a motive to the trade beyond Chris Brown getting injured to often. I am too lazy to check , but I wonder how many 1000 yard seasons Hentry has? I think that the Texans are going to contain him. IMHO
Old 07-19-2005   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Sweeped 'em last year before they cleaned house... eh.

Anything is possible though.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #4
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

the titans lost 2 recievers and mcnair is injury prone beyond belief even though he plays through most. if we can stop the run at all we will have no problem beating them.
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #5
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Yep, if McNair plays, I think any team should be worried. I would be more concerned with Chris Brown than Henry tho
Old 07-19-2005   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm taking the "if Mcnair's healthy I'm not counting them out" approach. I've seen that guy burn us too many times. I just have a feeling they're not going to be as bad as everyone thinks. Are they going to the playoffs NO, but I still think they'll be some what respectable as long as Mcnair is in there.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Have yall seen Mcnair lately he looks like he's trimmed down a bit and really looks like he got in shape.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2005   #8
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

I think that Texans need to take the Titans seriously.

I don't see how we can knock their receivers when they're top two are better combined than our top two.

I love AJ and he's better than Bennett, but I'd take Calico over Bradford or Gaffney any day.

Brown and Henry could become a formidable mix, since Brown has a great knack for long runs and Henry is never fun to tackle.

Kinney is way more of a complete TE compared to anything we have.

Their line is better.

Mcnair is in the best shape of his life, therefore dangerous.

all this added up, plus a better Offensive Co-ordinator than our Palmer.....equals a better offense.

On the flip side...I their defense is where I think they'll really feel all the personel losses this year. They are quite thin at DE and CB.....but, if some of their young guys come through, they could beat us more than once this year.

All I'm saying is that the Texans better take them seriously or they could be in for a surprise. I don't think that the Texans can afford to play down to any team in the league yet, except maybe the 49ers.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the "Titans will be better than most think" camp. Henry is a very good pick up for them and they have some other solid folks. Do they have problems...you bet and they will need 1 to 2 more off seasons to pull it all back together IMO.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #10
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
He is just one man. I would honestly be more fearful of the things that McNair can do. Henry would take the heat off of the QB though, so there may be a motive to the trade beyond Chris Brown getting injured to often. I am too lazy to check , but I wonder how many 1000 yard seasons Hentry has? I think that the Texans are going to contain him. IMHO

He ruhsed for 729 yds his rookie season in 13 gams and 12 starts. 1438 and 1356 the next 2 and 326 last year splitting time with McGahee and being injured. He started 5 games and played in 10 last year.
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #11
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

the combo of henry/brown gives the titans a legit running game...runblocking is always easier to do than pass protecting for a o-line...so yes we should be a little worried...i wouldn't worry as much about henry though as i would about other aspects of the game...you can fix a run defense by putting more guys in the box as long as the db's are ready for mcnair to air it out to these rookie receivers...their defense will be questionable at best...losing the key verterans they have will hurt them a lot on defense...but remember last years draft they drafted quality guys on that d-line so it's more about their db's stepping it up rather than their d-line
Old 07-22-2005   #12
Buzz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Their secondary is probably the worst in the nfl and they don't have much of an edge rush. They will be behind so much that they will be passing all the time.
I think that's why they should have an experienced third receiver instead of a rookie. With the top two guys getting a lot of work, there's a better chance of one of them getting hurt. If Calico or Bennett goes down, then you're going to have teams focusing on the guy who's left and leaving the rookie to try to make plays.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read