Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-28-2014   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Blake Bortles

The dude looks like a damned good QB. Did the Texans whiff on 1-1?
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 138237 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Where were you guys with before the draft?

Seemed like Texian and I were the only ones that weren't listening to the crap that was suggesting that he wasn't worthy of a #1 pick for our injured Lawrence Taylor of 2014.

Yes, he is going to be good. Really good most likely, and not only did we pass on him, but we let another team in our division get him.

That stink from Smithiak still exists as long as Smith is still here unfortunately.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Im more pissed that we didnt trade a 5th to move up two spots from our 2nd pick to get Teddy. We picked an OL that doesnt even start for Teddy.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145412 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to the same extent as Texian, but I wanted Bortles badly. Even said in my last mock that he'd be the pick if I were the GM, over everybody else in the draft.

But I can't exactly get mad at them for taking Clowney. It's not like he was some random selection. Widely considered to be the most physically talented player in the draft.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 322465 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I want(ed) Sammy Watkins.
Old 09-28-2014   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Bortles looked good in the 1st half but looked like a rookie in the 2nd where he threw 2 ints and got sacked a couple times.
Old 09-28-2014   #7
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater looked better
Old 09-28-2014   #8
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Yep, no doubt. But its only one game.
Old 09-28-2014   #9
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 135113 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
The dude looks like a damned good QB. Did the Texans whiff on 1-1?
We win yet we and Fitz still sucks. Jax losses 14 to 33 and yet we whiffed on 1-1 pick....

I would say we should wait a few seasons before asking ourselves this question....
Old 09-28-2014   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 224285 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We win yet we and Fitz still sucks. Jax losses 14 to 33 and yet we whiffed on 1-1 pick....

I would say we should wait a few seasons before asking ourselves this question....
People were also saying how good the Jags were going to be because of their coach and FAs .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Yep, no doubt. But its only one game.
Same for Bortles.

Teddy will the best out of that class and that's been my thinking since before the draft. All those dumb teams passing on him because of a bad pro day.

EDIT: And we could've had both Clowney and Bridgewater.
Old 09-28-2014   #12
BigB0iFresh
Veteran

Rep Power: 1335 BigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Same for Bortles.

Teddy will the best out of that class and that's been my thinking since before the draft. All those dumb teams passing on him because of a bad pro day.

I was getting happy on draft night thinking we would get Clowney and Bridgewater. Oh so close.
BigB0iFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74336 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Problem Texans are having in the draft is everyone knows Texans need a QB. So Rick Smith will have to be more proactive. Translation: Texans will trade up in next years draft to secure/address QB.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 209166 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not want Clowney because of motor question. From what little I've seen, that is not a problem. Health issue a concern but as of now I am ok with him as I actually like Savage and we seem to have upgraded with a cheap Mallett. If O'Brien is the QB guru many say, he will make it work with one or the other and still have a dynamo to match with Watt. I am actually more despondent over Nix and X. I hoped both would start by now.
Old 09-28-2014   #15
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Same for Bortles.

Oh, you are preaching to the choir. I am a Teddy man, have been since college.
Old 09-28-2014   #16
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128807 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was in the Teddy camp. Absolute dream scenario came about when we took Clowney #1 and Bridgewater was still there at the end of the 1st. I liked Su'a-Filo, but would trade him and a 4th/5th round pick for Teddy any day.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014   #17
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 141335 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Yeah, but he got injured, so he's a bust.
Old 09-28-2014   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 334069 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I wanted McCarron.
Old 09-29-2014   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 390197 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted Watkins and then Garoppolo in the third... which couldn't have actually happened.

At this point, I'm not upset with how we drafted. I'm fine with Bortles being a Jaguar and Bridgewater being a Viking thus far.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014   #20
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 100353 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

Seemed like Texian and I were the only ones that weren't listening to the crap that was suggesting that he wasn't worthy of a #1 pick for our injured Lawrence Taylor of 2014.

Yes, he is going to be good. Really good most likely, and not only did we pass on him, but we let another team in our division get him.

That stink from Smithiak still exists as long as Smith is still here unfortunately.
At which point does anger cease being a response and become an obsession?
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read