Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-03-2014   #321
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft chatter/rumors/news

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I must smile just a little at the fact that, after what I deem to be some head-scratching moves last year, the Colts are left with only 5 draft picks......beginning at #59.
Trent Richardson: I know the Colts' playbook now

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014   #322
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
2014 NFL Combine Wonderlic Score Leaks:
Gotta say, I'm not surprised by Hyde or Benjamin's scores at all.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014   #323
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Gotta say, I'm not surprised by Hyde or Benjamin's scores at all.
Out of all the positions I would say RB is the least important to be intelligent.
Old 05-03-2014   #324
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Out of all the positions I would say RB is the least important to be intelligent.
Agreed. RB's need a certain amount of football IQ (which is not to be confused with actual IQ). You only have to look as far as Trent Richardson to see what zero football IQ will get you. Guy can't find a cutback lane to save his life.

Hyde may be dumb (and also a woman beater) but he knows how to play the RB position.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014   #325
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

DE is up there too.

See QB, get QB
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014   #326
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Yeah I agree. I'm not saying that the scores matter. Just that after doing my research on both guys, I find myself completely unsurprised that they scored so low.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014   #327
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Mind-blowing stats

Some interesting stuff. Nothing really mind-blowing, since none of it happened yet, but if you don't have anything else to do... why not?
Old 05-04-2014   #328
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN
Quote:
Hearing rumblings of a potential draft day trade that could blow the top off of the draft involving the QB position.
Old 05-04-2014   #329
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe
Quote:
Expect at least two surprise picks in the top 10 of Thursday's first round. Stone cold lock!
Old 05-04-2014   #330
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe
Aren't there always at least two wtf picks in any draft by pick 10
Old 05-04-2014   #331
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Aren't there always at least two wtf picks in any draft by pick 10
Maybe who is picked by whom. The last real wtf top 10 pick I remember was the Jags taking Tyson Alualu @ #10 in 2010. If I were to guess two surprise picks, they would be Ha Ha Clinton Dix and Kyle Fuller (who I think is the #1 CB, now). A surprise inside the top 10 would be the Rams taking Matthews over Robinson.
Old 05-04-2014   #332
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Maybe who is picked by whom. The last real wtf top 10 pick I remember was the Jags taking Tyson Alualu @ #10 in 2010. If I were to guess two surprise picks, they would be Ha Ha Clinton Dix and Kyle Fuller (who I think is the #1 CB, now). A surprise inside the top 10 would be the Rams taking Matthews over Robinson.
Wow, what a shocker that pick was. Surprises like that move by the Jags is an example of one of the things that make the Draft fun and exciting.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014   #333
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, but to be fair, in two of the three years since then, the Raiders didn't have a first round pick, and in the other, they were picking 12th. That right there seriously diminishes the chances.
Old 05-04-2014   #334
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hearing rumblings of a potential draft day trade that could blow the top off of the draft involving the QB position.
The rumor that I've heard is Sam Bradford to Cleveland in exchange for the #4 pick. I'm assuming that's what he's referring to.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 05-04-2014   #335
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe
One will surely involve the Jags drafting some punter or kicker with their first round pick.
Old 05-04-2014   #336
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The rumor that I've heard is Sam Bradford to Cleveland in exchange for the #4 pick. I'm assuming that's what he's referring to.
I wouldn't give the #34 pick for Bradford, his ACL, and ridiculous contract.
Old 05-04-2014   #337
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014   #338
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

McShay went public with something I had been kicking around...

Falcons trade up with Rams.

Texans and Falcons swap #1 &#2.

Brings some interesting scenarios to the fore.
Old 05-04-2014   #339
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I wouldn't give the #34 pick for Bradford, his ACL, and ridiculous contract.
Neither would I. But this is also the Browns we're talking about.

I don't believe the rumor to be true at all though. Just passing it along as I assume that's what he's referring to.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 05-04-2014   #340
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

"The Texans have been talking to about 3 or 4 teams... " More details from @RapSheet: http://on.nfl.com/RjcQcr

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read