Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-18-2014   #221
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft chatter/rumors/news

Last year while watching Jonathan Banks I noticed that Darius Slay was the better CB and thought at the time Slay would be the first drafted.

This year while watching Tennessee's Antonio Richardson I noticed, in my mind that Juwan James is the better offensive tackle. I expect that James will be drafted ahead of Richardson.
Old 04-18-2014   #222
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 2h

Mark Dominik also said that when he was #Bucs GM they wouldn't have their draft board set until the week before the draft.
Old 04-18-2014   #223
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Last year while watching Jonathan Banks I noticed that Darius Slay was the better CB and thought at the time Slay would be the first drafted.

This year while watching Tennessee's Antonio Richardson I noticed, in my mind that Juwan James is the better offensive tackle. I expect that James will be drafted ahead of Richardson.
Way to go out on a limb there!!!!
Old 04-18-2014   #224
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Mark Dominik also said that when he was #Bucs GM they wouldn't have their draft board set until the week before the draft.
That may explain a lot.
Old 04-18-2014   #225
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That may explain a lot.
How so TK? I've read/heard that from several teams. We're not that far out and according to what we're hearing the Texans aren't lasered in yet as well. Could be BS from all but seems to be consistent among several teams.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014   #226
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm intrigued by Jordan Tripp, LB, Montana
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014   #227
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have heard this before, but also have seen other former Gms say that their initial board usually in FEB is about 80% accurate to what the one they will draft. at this point barring, major information on a prospect, no player makes any dramatic move up or down a board. just a few tweaks
Old 04-19-2014   #228
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I have heard this before, but also have seen other former Gms say that their initial board usually in FEB is about 80% accurate to what the one they will draft. at this point barring, major information on a prospect, no player any dramatic moves up or down a board. just a few tweets
How things get reported can make the same facts sound very different.

Cold war joke. US and Soviet sprinters in a 2 man race which the US wins.

US press - The American won the day while the Soviet runner came in last.

Soviet press - Our glorious Soviet sprinter came in 2nd and the American was next to last.
Old 04-21-2014   #229
Texian
Hall of Fame

CBS Sports' Pete Prisco tweeted "NFL personnel believe Texans will trade out of top spot."

Prisco suggest The Falcons and Bills as two possibilities to trade up to No. 1 for Jadeveon Clowney, and believes the Rams might be an option "if the offer were right." This report could go hand in hand with Peter King's, which said (via a friend of) Houston GM Rich Smith preferred Khalil Mack over Clowney.

https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/458242802149629952
Old 04-21-2014   #230
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CBS Sports' Pete Prisco tweeted "NFL personnel believe Texans will trade out of top spot."

Prisco suggest The Falcons and Bills as two possibilities to trade up to No. 1 for Jadeveon Clowney, and believes the Rams might be an option "if the offer were right." This report could go hand in hand with Peter King's, which said (via a friend of) Houston GM Rich Smith preferred Khalil Mack over Clowney.

https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/458242802149629952
This is not directed at you Texian. This is getting rediculous. People are just starting to throw **** at the wall hoping it sticks now. God I can't wait for the draft to get here.
Old 04-21-2014   #231
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This is not directed at you Texian. This is getting rediculous. People are just starting to throw **** at the wall hoping it sticks now. God I can't wait for the draft to get here.
Agree, burnout is fast approaching, if not already here!
Old 04-22-2014   #232
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49149 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL announces a record 30 players will attend the NFL Draft including 4 quarterbacks.

I would stay at home. It will be a very long nite in the green room if you dont get picked

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #233
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
NFL announces a record 30 players will attend the NFL Draft including 4 quarterbacks.

I would stay at home. It will be a very long nite in the green room if you dont get picked

who wants to guess how many of these guys will be selected in the 1st??

my guess is 20
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #234
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post

my guess is 20
I think 16
Old 04-22-2014   #235
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

my guess is 20
I would say 25. And remember, they're televising the 2nd night, too. Guys show up for that, as well.
Old 04-22-2014   #236
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I would say 25. And remember, they're televising the 2nd night, too. Guys show up for that, as well.
true, but we'll say just for the first
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #237
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

my guess is 20
Prospects attending the 2014 NFL Draft:
Odell Beckham, WR, LSU

Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida

Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama

Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State

Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri

Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina

Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M

Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois

Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota

Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State

Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama

Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana

Marqise Lee, WR, USC

Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo

Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt

Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia

C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama

Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville

Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State

Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State

Jason Verrett, CB, TCU

Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

I'm going with 22. The bolded seem like locks to me.
Old 04-23-2014   #238
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Quote:
#Patriots had a pre-draft visit for DE/OLB Demarcus Lawrence, but decided to cancel it. Lawrence could go off the board within top-50 picks.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014   #239
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL
Quote:
WR's 6'2 or shorter selected in the top 10 of the NFL Draft since 2000: pic.twitter.com/NAhe2pzqTS
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014   #240
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL

Lot a busts in that list, huh ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read