Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-08-2014   #181
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft chatter/rumors/news

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Source: Clemson offensive lineman Brandon Thomas tore his ACL during a private workout last week with the New Orleans Saints

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ce=twitterfeed

Did I finally beat Playoffs?!
not sure, saw it posted yesterday somewhere

terrible break for the young man. quick question, do these prospects already have agents in place with insurance packages or are teams on the hook when invited to facilities for workout?

I would certainly look at him for Texans with one of those 6th rd. selections. I hope he doesn't fall this far, but if he did certainly wouldn't be Mr. Irrelevant?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #182
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
not sure, saw it posted yesterday somewhere

terrible break for the young man. quick question, do these prospects already have agents in place with insurance packages or are teams on the hook when invited to facilities for workout?
According to this article about 75% are insured.

Quote:
I would certainly look at him for Texans with one of those 6th rd. selections. I hope he doesn't fall this far, but if he did certainly wouldn't be Mr. Irrelevant?
As a 6th or 7th round pick I think he'll be a steal, assuming he recovers alright. Put him on IR for the first year and I'd be super pleased.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #183
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did I finally beat Playoffs?!
Almost: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...75#post2323475

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #184
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119762 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As a 6th or 7th round pick I think he'll be a steal, assuming he recovers alright. Put him on IR for the first year and I'd be super pleased.
Seems like half our picks last year were on IR. You say we should draft a guy just to IR him?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #185
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Seems like half our picks last year were on IR. You say we should draft a guy just to IR him?
In the 6th or 7th round? With this guy I think we should. He was easily a 2nd or 3rd rounder before this and if he's there in one of our later 6th round picks I'd be willing to do it for a mauler like him. But I probably wouldn't take him 6-1, and definitely not earlier.

I understand why that might not be a popular thought though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
While I appreciate being let down easy, 20 hours isn't really almost.

NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #186
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Cyrus Kouandjio, Vinnie Sunseri take center stage at Alabama's 2nd Pro Day

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL
Quote:
Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr + Jimmy Garoppolo are all schedule to meet with Jacksonville this week.

Who pays for these kids to be flying all over the country?
Old 04-08-2014   #187
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
Quote:
WR Allen Robinson having big day at #PennState pro day. 42 VJ, 11 BJ, sub-4.5 40. Stock will be up after today. #NFLDraft
Some people looove this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Who pays for these kids to be flying all over the country?
Whoever they're visiting, except for one prospect whose parents pay.
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2014   #188
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 118233 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like the Jaguars are making an attempt to bring in the entire 2014 draft class in for visits.
Old 04-09-2014   #189
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

LSU Pro Day today, one of the biggest single school days...

Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft
Quote:
You can watch LSU's pro day online at noon: http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle...VvzSUA.twitter
http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle...DB_OEM_ID=5200
Code:
Barrow, Lamin	OLB	6'1"	237
Beckham, Odell	WR	5'11"	198
Blue, Alfred	RB	6'2"	223
Copeland, J.C.	FB	5'11"	271
Ferguson, Ego	DT	6'3"	315
Hill, Jeremy	RB	6'1"	233
Johnson,Anthony	DT	6'2"	308
Landry, Jarvis	WR	5'11"	205
Loston, Craig	SS	5'11"	217
Mettenberger,Zach QB	6'5"	224
Turner, Trai	OG	6'3"	310

Last edited by Playoffs; 04-09-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2014   #190
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
We could draft Clowney, McCullers, Henderson, Archer as the all-measurables draft.

Any other outliers we need to include?
McCullers/Clowney shouldn't be included in the Henderson group. McCullers is a 352 lbs man who played too many snaps last yr. It's impossible for a man that big to keep up his stamina for a full game. He needed a break but the Vols had very little depth in the DL.

Personally I thought McCullers and Clowney made impacts on the game. I see McCullers as a 5 tech in RAC's defense.

I will be doing a mock soon that will reflect this. You should check it out and give me your thoughts.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #191
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Seems like the Jaguars are making an attempt to bring in the entire 2014 draft class in for visits.
Seems like they are leaving no stone unturned.

Maybe the Texans org could learn a thing or two.

They do seem to be bringing in more guys than the past regime.
Old 04-09-2014   #192
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Seems like they are leaving no stone unturned.

Maybe the Texans org could learn a thing or two.

They do seem to be bringing in more guys than the past regime.
I think they finally made a good coaching change. Gus Bradley has an aura around him so suspect ownership has given him not just the keys to the car but house money to turn things around.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #193
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Insured yes, if not drafted.

But not insured for the difference between being a 2nd rd pick before injury and a 6th rd pick after injury.
Old 04-09-2014   #194
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
30 maximum visits per team. I like the idea of having all the QBs there at the same time and jacking with them a bit. One per room, go room-to-room, back and forth, test their retention, amp up their anxiety. Take them all out to dinner together and stir the pot, see how they all act/react.
Old 04-09-2014   #195
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I think they finally made a good coaching change. Gus Bradley has an aura around him so suspect ownership has given him not just the keys to the car but house money to turn things around.
I really love the O'Brien hire here, but I have to admit that I'm scared of Bradley.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #196
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
Quote:
Notre Dame DE Stephon Tuitt at Texans Thursday.
Old 04-09-2014   #197
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
McCullers/Clowney shouldn't be included in the Henderson group. McCullers is a 352 lbs man who played too many snaps last yr. It's impossible for a man that big to keep up his stamina for a full game. He needed a break but the Vols had very little depth in the DL.

Personally I thought McCullers and Clowney made impacts on the game. I see McCullers as a 5 tech in RAC's defense.

I will be doing a mock soon that will reflect this. You should check it out and give me your thoughts.
Never considered McCullers as a 5tech.

Who do you have as potential NTs?
Old 04-09-2014   #198
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I really love the O'Brien hire here, but I have to admit that I'm scared of Bradley.
The more I see him and hear him the more I'm impressed.
Old 04-09-2014   #199
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm excited. Tired of the doormat division. Love to see them all at the top of the league. Classic battles. Steel sharpens steel.
Old 04-09-2014   #200
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Never considered McCullers as a 5tech.

Who do you have as potential NTs?
Rd.1 Nix
Rd.3 DaQuan Jones
3-4. Justin Ellis who I also believe has the feet to play the 5 tech.
Rd.5 Beau Allen/Carrethers/Caraun Reid
Rd.6 Deandre Coleman, who could also play the 5 tech/Zack Kerr/Khyri Thorton
Rd.7 Mike Pennel/Robert Thomas/Bruce Gaston

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read