Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-28-2014   #21
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TT Draftniks Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
Cheers Kiwi.

None of the "top 3" QBs excite me enough at 1-1. I'm leaning toward the best QB available at 3-1 bandwagon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
You and Thunderkyss are going to get along real well. Welcome to the board!
That actually makes three of us (at least, I think TPN is in this group also).
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I've been in this group for a long time now. Although, I'm not sure I'd be willing to wait until the 3rd to pick the QB. There should be plenty to choose from with the 1st pick of day 2.
Old 02-28-2014   #23
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
After the season Barr was an every down player and in talks for the #1 overall pick.

I always had him around #4 with room for Robinson to pass him by. Well Robinson did pass him by, I clearly misjudged Watkins if everyone thinks he can be potential #1 overall, and I wasn't nearly aware of Mack like I should have been.

My thing is, I get moving him down, things happen, but I want to know what people's rationale in moving guys completely out of the top 10 when they were previously 'arguably' #1 overall.

I'm not saying this is wrong, but when I respect opinions, I just want to know why these big move shakeups happen.
I struggled with not putting Barr and Dennard in my top ten. I seriously considered putting them in and leaving off Bridgewater and Manziel. Ultimately they were just not as good of prospects as the guys I put down. Just my opinion. Barrs lack of pass rush moves and inability to disengage is what dropped him o. My list. Mosley was also a hard one to leave off.
Old 02-28-2014   #24
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I've been in this group for a long time now. Although, I'm not sure I'd be willing to wait until the 3rd to pick the QB. There should be plenty to choose from with the 1st pick of day 2.
There will be plenty to choose from.

It's like going to the Kia Dealership and looking around at the endless rows and rows and possibilities of cars. You're like holy S! I don't need a F'ing Honda, this is a way better price and I get just as much car! Idiot suckers.

4 years later you've been late to work so many times, you get scared and are watching the engine heat thermostat everywhere you drive, you've spent well over enough in repairs to afford that Honda you denied yourself, but most importantly you hate yourself for the 'genius' decision you made 4 years ago.

Just because there are plenty to choose from in all those rows, doesn't mean that everything in that lot isn't a P.O.S.

FYI: I was the genius who bought a Kia while in college about 8 years ago. The day I got in a wreck and it was a totaled was the happiest day I had in a long time. The guy asks me if I'm OK as he sees me crying. All I can say... "thank you".
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #25
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Not necessarily low on him. I have him at #11.
Thanks for the info, I hear you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I struggled with not putting Barr and Dennard in my top ten.
Same to you, thanks.
Old 02-28-2014   #26
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There will be plenty to choose from.

It's like going to the Kia Dealership and looking around at the endless rows and rows and possibilities of cars. You're like holy S! I don't need a F'ing Honda, this is a way better price and I get just as much car! Idiot suckers.

4 years later you've been late to work so many times, you get scared and are watching the engine heat thermostat everywhere you drive, you've spent well over enough in repairs to afford that Honda you denied yourself, but most importantly you hate yourself for the 'genius' decision you made 4 years ago.

Just because there are plenty to choose from in all those rows, doesn't mean that everything in that lot isn't a P.O.S.

FYI: I was the genius who bought a Kia while in college about 8 years ago. The day I got in a wreck and it was a totaled was the happiest day I had in a long time. The guy asks me if I'm OK as he sees me crying. All I can say... "thank you".
It's better to get the better deal (2nd round) on the Kia rather than overpaying (1st round) for the same car, no? Ok, Ok, maybe a Kia Optima vs the Kia Cadenza
Old 02-28-2014   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. Count me in.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2014   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Count me in this group.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #29
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I struggled with not putting Barr and Dennard in my top ten. I seriously considered putting them in and leaving off Bridgewater and Manziel. Ultimately they were just not as good of prospects as the guys I put down. Just my opinion. Barrs lack of pass rush moves and inability to disengage is what dropped him o. My list. Mosley was also a hard one to leave off.
Very sound reasoning
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #30
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Donald (revised was #2)
2. Watkins (revised was #1)
3. Bortles
4. Robinson
5. Evans
6. Bridgewater
7. Manziel
8. Ebron
9. Gilbert
10. Matthews

Last edited by Texian; 03-01-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #31
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
1. Bortles
2. Bortles
3. Bortles
4. Bortles
5. Bortles
6. Bortles
7. Bortles
8. Bortles
9. Bortles
10.Bortles
Old 03-01-2014   #32
TexansFTW
All Pro

Quote:
1. Watkins
2. Donald
3. Bortles
4. Robinson
5. Evans
6. Bridgewater
7. Manziel
8. Ebron
9. Gilbert
10. Matthews
Donald at #2 is very interesting. EDIT: Just saw this, you're not the only person thinking this way http://blogs.ourlads.com/2014/02/28/...-post-combine/

I also like Gilbert more than Dennard, but in regards to long term. I think year 3 he can start to pull away as the better corner, but I believe Dennard is good to go right out of the gate.

Last edited by TexansFTW; 03-01-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2014   #33
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

My top ten:

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Sammy Watkins
3. Teddy Bridgewater
4. Greg Robinson
5. Khalil Mack
6. Jake Matthews
7. Anthony Barr
8. Blake Bortles
9. C.J. Mosley
10. Taylor Lewan
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #34
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Donald at #2 is very interesting. EDIT: Just saw this, you're not the only person thinking this way http://blogs.ourlads.com/2014/02/28/...-post-combine/

I also like Gilbert more than Dennard, but in regards to long term. I think year 3 he can start to pull away as the better corner, but I believe Dennard is good to go right out of the gate.
Donald is the #1 in sacks per game 1.6 and #1 in Tackles for Loss per game 2.6. Now imagine if you will if Donald was 300 lbs or 265 lbs and not 285. Now consider this, JJ Watt weighed in 5 lbs heavier than Donald and Donald is stronger and faster than Watt. All in Perspective.

The more I think about it maybe Donald should be #1. If Donald is Watt then yeah, Donald should be #1, no questions asked, no looking in the rear view mirror....Thanks FTW
Old 03-01-2014   #35
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Donald is the #1 in sacks per game 1.6 and #1 in Tackles for Loss per game 2.6. Now imagine if you will if Donald was 300 lbs or 265 lbs and not 285. Now consider this, JJ Watt weighed in 5 lbs heavier than Donald and Donald is stronger and faster than Watt. All in Perspective.
He's a guy that doesn't stay blocked that's for sure .
Old 03-01-2014   #36
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The more I think about it maybe Donald should be #1. If Donald is Watt then yeah, Donald should be #1, no questions asked, no looking in the rear view mirror....Thanks FTW
Watt weighed in at 290 according to http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DE

Regardless, Donald is a heck of a talent. No doubt about that.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #37
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Watt weighed in at 290 according to http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DE

Regardless, Donald is a heck of a talent. No doubt about that.
Watt weighed in at 290, Donald weighed in at 285, therefore Watt weighed in 5 lbs heavier than Donald. Watt had 34 reps and Donald had 35 reps. Watt ran a 4.81 and Donald ran a 4.68. Watt is 6'5" and Donald is 6'0".
Old 03-01-2014   #38
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Watt weighed in at 290, Donald weighed in at 285, therefore Watt weighed in 5 lbs heavier than Donald. Watt had 34 reps and Donald had 35 reps. Watt ran a 4.81 and Donald ran a 4.68. Watt is 6'5" and Donald is 6'0".
Yep, I had a brainfart. I was thinking Donald weighed in at 275 for some reason.

My apologies.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #39
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Yep, I had a brainfart. I was thinking Donald weighed in at 275 for some reason.

My apologies.
No need to apologize, it was just an oops moment, it happens to us all.
Old 03-02-2014   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

1. DE .Jadeveon Clowney
  2. WR .Sammy Watkins
  3. QB .Aj McCarron
  4. OT .Greg Robinson
  5. LB .Khalil Mack
  6. LB .Cj Mosley
  7. OT .Jake Mathews
  8. QB .Aaron Murray
  9. QB .Teddy Bridgewater
  10. CB .Darquez Dennard
  11. LB .Anthony Barr
  12. WR .Mike Evans
  13. OT .Taylor Lewan
  14. QB .Johnny Manziel
  15. WR .Kelvin Benjamin
  16. WR .Odell Beckham Jr
  17. OT .Zack Martin
  18. FS .Clinton-Dix
  19. DT .Louis Nix
  20. CB .Justin Gilbert
  21. DE .Dee Ford
  22. DE .Kony Ealy
  23. DT .Aaron Donald
  24. OG .David Yankey
  25. WR .Marqise Lee
  26. FS .Calvin Pryor
  27. TE .Eric Ebron

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read