Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 3 Days Ago   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Finding Giants

Its supposed to be a look into the Giant's war room on draft day. Premiers tonight, after the game. Could be interesting.
Old 3 Days Ago   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Finding Giants

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 2 Days Ago   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe rick can watch it I really think we have one of the worst GM in the league
Old 2 Days Ago   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

"The Guard... He might be not up here... Definitely go pretty soon... I'd be shocked if he doesn't". -- Mark Ross, Director of College Scouting/Responsible for running the Giant's draft/Sets up, organizes the team's draft board

Guess who he was talking about?
Old 2 Days Ago   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
"The Guard... He might be not up here... Definitely go pretty soon... I'd be shocked if he doesn't". -- Mark Ross, Director of College Scouting/Responsible for running the Giant's draft/Sets up, organizes the team's draft board

Zack Martin?
Old 2 Days Ago   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Zack Martin?
No, that quote was from before the second round, the day after they'd selected ODB,Jr.
Old 1 Day Ago   #7
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 233844 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No clue.
Who was it?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 1 Day Ago   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
No clue.
Who was it?

I think it was XSF. Could have been Bitonio, but he was worked out at T/G/C. X would be the guy they would refer to as "the Guard" at the top of the 2nd, imo.
Old 1 Day Ago   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 233844 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think it was XSF. Could have been Bitonio, but he was worked out at T/G/C. X would be the guy they would refer to as "the Guard" at the top of the 2nd, imo.
Thanks. I didn't catch the show so I was a bit lost.
Old 16 Hours Ago   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Thanks. I didn't catch the show so I was a bit lost.
Oh, yeah, it was a mostly irrelevant little comment made before day 2 started. Just something I noticed.
Old 16 Hours Ago   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Oh, yeah, it was a mostly irrelevant little comment made before day 2 started. Just something I noticed.
So have they shown how the draft board is built and who makes the calls on draft day....

...it's probably too early in the series for that huh?
Old 15 Hours Ago   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
So have they shown how the draft board is built and who makes the calls on draft day....

...it's probably too early in the series for that huh?
They've said this: Mark Ross, Director of College Scouting is responsible for running the Giant's draft and Sets up, organizes the team's draft board.

The room is small and reportedly always calm. Scouts get a chance to talk about their guy. It appeared to be very collaborative. They did not address a Head Coach vs. GM disagreement/decision. Their stated philosophy is BPA.

There was an instance, in the 4th I think, where the room was between two players. The Director of College Scouting told the group that player #2 would still be on the board in the 5th. They went with that. He was, so they got both guys.

By the time the draft comes around, they've done a number of run-throughs so everyone is pretty chilled.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read