Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Toughest Team To Face In 2014
Colts 24 45.28%
Eagles 19 35.85%
Ravens 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
MyTicketin
Texans Tickets

Section: Front Row
Rep Power: 1946 MyTicketin is a quality contributor and well respectedMyTicketin is a quality contributor and well respectedMyTicketin is a quality contributor and well respectedMyTicketin is a quality contributor and well respectedMyTicketin is a quality contributor and well respectedMyTicketin is a quality contributor and well respectedMyTicketin is a quality contributor and well respectedMyTicketin is a quality contributor and well respectedMyTicketin is a quality contributor and well respectedMyTicketin is a quality contributor and well respectedMyTicketin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Texans hardest and weakest opponents in 2014

The Houston Texans hardest and weakest opponents in 2014. While we all hear that every team around the NFL is built with some of the greatest football players from around the world. The case can also be made that every year we see a short list of teams that are elite and a short list of teams that are very bad.

This gives us a chance to look at the Texans 2014 roster and pull out the three toughest match ups on paper heading into 2014 as well as the three easiest match ups. Each of these six games present some sort of challenge or advantage for the Texans.

Three Easiest Teams To Face In 2014:

New York Giants: Don’t take away anything from the Giants overall the concerns we have with the Giants is their weak offensive line. If the Giants can’t block for Eli Manning it could be a very long day of work for Jadeveon Clowny and J.J. Watt. The Texans head to New York to take on the Giants on September 21st.

Washington Redskins: Now the Redskins have a very talented offensive team, but their defense is very weak and could allow a ton of yards this season. If the Texans can find the true starting quarterback heading into week one at home against the Redskins this could be a game they pull away in.

Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jaguars head to Houston on December 28th, 2014 to finish the season. At this point of the season if the Jaguars have struggled all season long we could see their players looking forward to the off-season.

Three Toughest Teams To Face In 2014:

Indianapolis Colts: The Colts have put together one of the best teams in the AFC with Andrew Luck at quarterback. The team also added Arthur Jones to build up their defense. The Colts come to town on October 9th

Philadelphia Eagles: Not quite sure what to expect from the Chip Kellys offense this season, but if they get to running a ton of plays it could limit the effectiveness of the Texans defense.

Baltimore Ravens: The return of Gary Kubiak and Owen Daniels to NRG Stadium on December 21st. Now for the Texans they will have a chance to slow down Kubiaks offense that helped Matt Schaub throw for over 4,000 yards.

***** Thank you for reading and let me know what you think
MyTicketin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 22499 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans hardest and weakest opponents in 2014

I voted the colts, not because they are necessarily the best team between the 3 choices, but because we seem to always have some problem when facing indy.

We lost to them when they went 2-14....
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted eagles.....McCoy's gonna be a match up problem whether he's running out of the backfield or split out. They've got great team speed on offense and defense.....despite losing their fastest guy in Jackson. big WR's against our smallish db's as well....Plus any team that's gonna force us to play in nickle and dime alot where Brandon Harris is on the field...not good match up for us.....see GB & NE last year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

NY and Washington are not the same teams as last season, nor are the Texans. I do not see either of those 2 teams being one of the easiest, not sure how you came to that, but your opinion. I guess you forgot Oakland, Buffalo, Cleveland... those teams are worse than the 2 I mentioned. Buffalo/Cleveland would be the easiest, but you still got to play the game.

As for toughest, Indy for sure. Until the Texans can start beating them with a little more frequency, regardless of their record, that will be the toughest matchup.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Indy the toughest because Texans will have to beat too many horses: the Colts and the Zebras.
'Skins the easiest.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Indianapolis Colts: The Colts have put together one of the best teams in the AFC with Andrew Luck at quarterback. The team also added Arthur Jones to build up their defense. The Colts come to town on October 9th
Yeah.....Im scared to death of their swiss cheese o line, 30 something year old WR coming off an ACL and Trent 2.2 YPC Richardson.

Wont even respond to their "improved defense"

They have Luck and well, that's it
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
They got T.Y. Hilton.

That kat's gonna be taking the top off defenses for the next few years.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
They got T.Y. Hilton.

That kat's gonna be taking the top off defenses for the next few years.
Hmmmm....he seems like more of a possession type WR than a big play WR.

Hilton.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I said Eagles. The Texans haven't beaten them yet. That's about as good a reason as any in a poll taken in July.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Yeah.....Im scared to death of their swiss cheese o line, 30 something year old WR coming off an ACL and Trent 2.2 YPC Richardson.

Wont even respond to their "improved defense"

haha this is kind of where i am with the Colts besides luck they dont have much else. And they seem to also have a lot of luck on their side as well as officiating so it's never easy.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I voted eagles.....McCoy's gonna be a match up problem whether he's running out of the backfield or split out. They've got great team speed on offense and defense.....despite losing their fastest guy in Jackson. big WR's against our smallish db's as well....Plus any team that's gonna force us to play in nickle and dime alot where Brandon Harris is on the field...not good match up for us.....see GB & NE last year.
Mr teX, I'm certainly in no position to alleviate your fears but from what I've been reading about Harris' production in camp I'd be surprised if he makes O'Brien's team. Look for KJ to slip into the slot and Hal handle the outside or Bouye covering the slot or outside while KJ takes the slot. Early prelims seem to be that the HC likes what he sees from #25 inside. I don't see "noflyzone" in Deep Steel Blue come 53 man roster time. I could be wrong, that's just my take today.

He took AJ to the ground you know and now AJ has an injury (of some undisclosed kind, just like the rest of 'em ;^)

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
haha this is kind of where i am with the Colts besides luck they dont have much else. And they seem to also have a lot of luck on their side as well as officiating so it's never easy.
In another thread TexanRed was talking about how overrated Luck is. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Mr teX, I'm certainly in no position to alleviate your fears but from what I've been reading about Harris' production in camp I'd be surprised if he makes O'Brien's team. Look for KJ to slip into the slot and Hal handle the outside or Bouye covering the slot or outside while KJ takes the slot. Early prelims seem to be that the HC likes what he sees from #25 inside. I don't see "noflyzone" in Deep Steel Blue come 53 man roster time. I could be wrong, that's just my take today.

He took AJ to the ground you know and now AJ has an injury (of some undisclosed kind, just like the rest of 'em ;^)

I really like what I'm hearing about Bouye.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I really like what I'm hearing about Bouye.
Me too
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Me too
If the Texans defense can get/stay healthy and Bouye can play outside the Texans defense should easily be a top 10 defense. I also think Hal is an upgrade over Harris and will make the final 53. Going to Vanderbilt obviously Hal has something going for himself.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
In another thread TexanRed was talking about how overrated Luck is. LOL

I will argue he is way overrated too. He's a good QB but he's nowhere near the top 5 like some people think he is. Turns it over too much to be elite to me.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I will argue he is way overrated too. He's a good QB but he's nowhere near the top 5 like some people think he is. Turns it over too much to be elite to me.
Top 10 not top 5. IMHO

He has the ability to be top 5.

Not too bad to have a QB going into his 3rd yr as a top 10 QB. Definitely not shouldn't be mentioned in VY bust category
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

None of this "hardest" and "weakest" opponent nonsense matters at all.

On July 29, 2013, if someone saw the Houston Texans or Atlanta Falcons on their schedule, they would have classified either as one of their hardest opponents.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #19
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
None of this "hardest" and "weakest" opponent nonsense matters at all.

On July 29, 2013, if someone saw the Houston Texans or Atlanta Falcons on their schedule, they would have classified either as one of their hardest opponents.
We did have that awesome comeback against the chargers
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well I looked up and down and IMO shhhhh all 16 games look hard IMO we has the Texans really cant overlook anybody LOL

but if u wanna go buy what we see on paper ( which usually does not mean anything) obvs the road games will be the hardest

@NYG
@DAL
@Colts
@CLE

and im sure everyone thinks home against the Bills and jags will be easy but It wont be
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read